Reviews for Standing Still
dreaminggirllivi2 chapter 25 . 1/19
Oh man please tell me you plan on finishing this at some point.
No-Shmucks-Given45 chapter 25 . 1/4
I'M FUCKING IN LOVE WITH THIS STORY ! PLEASE UPDATE THIS BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE SOON IF YOU CAN
Big Fan chapter 25 . 10/18/2020
Man coming back and re-reading this is sooo good. I want to what its like when she and Gandalf go back to Dol Gol Dur. See her face her fears. I usually see stories where a character follows canon because it is hard to imagine an alternative way for the One Ring to be found, but I think there are many. Even something simple and benign as a bungie as a far reaching toss out idea. I feel like knowing the choices of the elves, and the wargs, goblin town and not meeting the pale orc or maybe any orcs would be factored in by thorin and balin maybe. Heavy interesting choices. You write so well.
Ninja Squirrel chapter 25 . 9/26/2020
I seem to have a knack for falling in love with stories that haven’t updated in three or four years. :) This is absolutely amazing! So much life and vitality and richness in twenty-five chapters, and the actual quest has literally just begun! I could read an entire story of just Emily running around Middle Earth without bothering to follow the set plot of either the books or the movies. I’m not gonna pester you to update, I just wanted to let you know that *dramatic sigh* I’ve fallen in love.
So far, the characters seem pretty in character (although I haven’t actually seen the movies or read the books so literally all I know is from fanfiction and YouTube). I like that you’ve incorporated her meeting Sauron in the beginning (and that he’s played by the beautiful Benedict Cumberbatch). And I loved all the dwarf stuff in Ered Luin and her playing with the kids in Hobbiton. I absolutely died laughing when the kids were enamored with Thorin and Fíli. I would definitely be staring in awe if I were ever to meet them. :)
This concludes my not-fully-awake rambling review. :)
Thank you for the beautiful story. Stay safe and have a great day!
DawnScarlet19610 chapter 25 . 5/8/2020
So sad to see this come to an end. This is a really great story. I find Emily a bit too awkward. I honestly can't see her with Thorin at this point. She just doesn't seem mature enough, which is surprising considering what she went through. I get the need to avoid making her into a Mary-Sue, but the awkwardness is a bit overdone sometimes to the point of turning me off. However, I love your writing style and would really enjoy reading more. I hope you come back to it one day. I will definitely be reading if you do. Thank you for the great read.
A5mia chapter 25 . 2/29/2020
Brilliant story. I hope you continue it some day.
deborah-sucks chapter 25 . 2/22/2020
wow i’m hooked to this! hope there’s an update soon:)
monkeybaby chapter 25 . 1/3/2020
I love this! Please update soon!
PhoenixUniverse chapter 25 . 12/29/2019
I am normally too lazy to review anything.

But this jumped immediately to top in my favourite stories.
I really loved how she was in difficult spot. How well you portrayed Sauron and I so looooove how you anyway describe and write
So in short this plot, your characters and how you write - is just awesome!
lou chapter 25 . 7/31/2019
just finished my annual re-read of this masterpiece ! i was talking to someone like a couple of weeks ago about the call of the void thing and i honestly had no idea where i'd read about it, and then i got to it in this chap and it was a pleasant surprise ! if you're still writing this, i can't wait for the rest - this is easily one of the best oc fics i've read in this fandom x
BrySt1 chapter 25 . 7/19/2019
I LOVE THIS
I can't wait to read more!
TomRiddlesTwin chapter 25 . 5/3/2019
Love this! Absolutely amazing fic! You’re a great writer!
StarlessGalaxies chapter 25 . 4/16/2019
I rarely review, but please, why on earth did you leave us on a hangover?! I love your writing and Emily's story so far!
A.K.Author chapter 25 . 3/3/2019
Oooh I want more! You are an incredible writer with an eye for good plot and developed characters!
Mara Gin chapter 25 . 2/24/2019
Man do I love this story. Just re-read the whole thing again and was reminded that I absolutely adore your writing style. You have a knack for balancing the scene with the Emily's emotions without forgetting about all the characters at all.
I know it has been awhile, but I really want to know what happens next. Just the thought of Ringwraiths fighting Thorin's Company in the Hobbit is such an interesting idea.
Poor Emily though. I have this bad feeling that she is almost like a horcrux for Sauron or something.
Please update when you can! I'm really looking forward to it!