Reviews for Standing Still
lou chapter 25 . 7/31
just finished my annual re-read of this masterpiece ! i was talking to someone like a couple of weeks ago about the call of the void thing and i honestly had no idea where i'd read about it, and then i got to it in this chap and it was a pleasant surprise ! if you're still writing this, i can't wait for the rest - this is easily one of the best oc fics i've read in this fandom x
BrySt1 chapter 25 . 7/19
I LOVE THIS
I can't wait to read more!
TomRiddlesTwin chapter 25 . 5/3
Love this! Absolutely amazing fic! You’re a great writer!
StarlessGalaxies chapter 25 . 4/16
I rarely review, but please, why on earth did you leave us on a hangover?! I love your writing and Emily's story so far!
A.K.Author chapter 25 . 3/3
Oooh I want more! You are an incredible writer with an eye for good plot and developed characters!
Mara Gin chapter 25 . 2/24
Man do I love this story. Just re-read the whole thing again and was reminded that I absolutely adore your writing style. You have a knack for balancing the scene with the Emily's emotions without forgetting about all the characters at all.
I know it has been awhile, but I really want to know what happens next. Just the thought of Ringwraiths fighting Thorin's Company in the Hobbit is such an interesting idea.
Poor Emily though. I have this bad feeling that she is almost like a horcrux for Sauron or something.
Please update when you can! I'm really looking forward to it!
I wish so much that you would update this story. I absolutely love it to pieces. This is the best story in the Hobbit fandom by far. I hope everything is okay and wish so much that you would continue writing this because you have a gift and I would be honored to read more of your work!
M chapter 25 . 12/6/2018
omg i've reread this so many times, and i can't get over how much i adore this fic ! ur writing is so good and sleek and you have these moments of pure emotion but then you also have beats of humour and it all just flows so nicely. i can really tell that u've planned everything out - this is probably the best oc fic i've read in the hobbit fandom, and idk if ur still writing or not, but i really hope you continue this story. also emily and fili's friendship is so sweet, same with bilbo x
Raven Blanchard chapter 25 . 9/27/2018
HOLY SHIT RINGWRAITHS YES PLS I AM PRAYING REALLY HARD THAT THIS GETS UPDATED AND EVENTUALLY COMPLETED BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME AND SO VERY FAITHFUL TO CANON BACKSTORIES AND I LOVE HOW YOU SHOW THAT EVEN IF THE HOBBIT AND LOTR ARE SET AT DIFFERENT TIMES, IT'S STILL THE SAME WORLD AND I LOVE HOW LOTR IS BLEEDING INTO THE HOBBITIN THIS ONE
THIS FIC IS AMAZING AND DESERVES ALL THE CHIMICHANGAS AND ALL THE CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE WORLD AND PUNCTUATIONS ARE DUMB AND POINTLESS WHO EVEN NEEDS PUNCTUATION MARKS ANYWAY HAHAHA I JUST WANT TO TELL YOU THAT YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB AND I AM PRAYING FOR AN UPDATE

I AM PRAYING FOR YOUR GOOD HEALTH AND FORTUNE TOO NOW THAT IM AT IT BECAUSE THAT WOULD MAKE YOU MORE LIKELY TO UPDATE THIS AMAZING STORY AND IM JUST THAT NUTS OVER IT

AN AVID FAN
RAVEN BLANCHARD
Big Fan chapter 18 . 8/19/2018
Man working at the calendar factory was fired. He kept taking days off. :)

Living with the daily hope you'll come back to this one soon.
AutumnRains1 chapter 14 . 7/18/2018
OH MY GoD she quoted Hermione!
Jinx1223 chapter 25 . 4/26/2018
It's been awhile since I've read a Hobbit story, I grew away from the fandom for awhile, taking my interests elsewhere but this came up again when I was looking in my Favorited stories for something to read. I remember instantly loving the first chapters and couldn't wait to see the next. Unfortunately life threw me some terrible curve-balls and my reading went to nonexistent, so finally picking up again where I left off in my stories, and I can say that I'm in love with this one, it's definitely gotten me back into reading again. I absolutely adore Emily, she's made me laugh so much and I can't wait to see what comes next for her and the company! 3
Big Fan chapter 12 . 4/12/2018
Hello dear writer ヾ(*)

I hope this finds you well.

So I just keep having this image of Thorin talking to Dwalin while walking and looking up and seeing Emily and realizing how awesome she is and just walking into something, while Dwalin laughs his ass off.

So I was looking up Emily's name and doing the whole what is the meaning of this person's name, because it's what I do. And it came out as either "Striving to give honor or favor to someone from the divine" or "She's trying really hard to be graceful" :) both seemed kind of apt.

Do you think Emily will share any poems or stories from her English textbook with Ori?

Could Bilbo be her psychic twin? He's like the first hobbit ever to enter a Dwarven kingdom.

They going to talk about that abandoned elvish city they discovered in Ered Luin with the elves at Rivendell?

All the Best
Big Fan chapter 16 . 4/8/2018
Ok this review is more just to ask if you have a Patreon account. It's like Ko-fi except it's geared towards giving creators, such as yourself, steady income from patrons. My friend just told me about it so I figured I'd ask.

Also do you think she and Fili will share a fist bump after their next battle? Could she beat any of the dwarves in a mid-distance race? I mean them being natural sprinters and all and her being a little taller, mid-distance might be good for her.

What do you think black arrows are made of?

Is she going to tell Gandalf or Elrond about her dream?

Do you think Galadriel will be able to read her mind? If so is she going to be all Weasley Twins about it "Make way! Seriously evil wizard coming through!" about Sarumon?

Did she get to try any petty-dwarf roots while in Ered-Luin?

Do you think dwarves have a favorite gem/metal the way most folk do a favorite color?

Keep being you, the awesomely awesome you :)
Big Fan chapter 23 . 4/6/2018
Ok so I lied, I just had so many more things I want to say! :) So I hope you can forgive me.

Does her iPod still work? I mean even turned off those things do die. Which would kind of suck but eh.

Is she eventually going to trounce Kili or any of them in a public duel? Because that would be epic.

Do you think the elves have any dragon slaying books? "Idiot's Guide to Smaug Slaying" "Monster Killing Strategy Guide" Speaking of things the elves might have, don't they have a smithy? Like the one Elrond used to reforge Aragorn's sword. Could she use it when they're there? Maybe learn how to forge a spoon.

Do you think Elrond's waterfall pedestal serves any other purpose besides the off chance every hundred years someone needs something read by moonlight?

How do you think Gandalf knew Thorin was at the Prancing Pony that day?

Do you think Elrond can give her some basic healing skills run down? Like he might not be able to teach her "Healing Mogul wounds 101" but maybe stitches. There's probably more than one anti-evil plant in Arda... right? I mean it's literally a weed.

How close are Bain and Tilda to Emily in age?

When's she going to tell Thorin about the pale orc?

How does Gandalf know Khudzul?

Did Irmo-Lorien send her that dream?

I absolutely love how you've given life to the Company. You've brought out subtle nuances in movement, voice and character not even the movie could hone in on.

So my friend was telling me about the fanedit of the Hobbit. I get what Peter Jackson was trying to do. He didn't want to let the world of middle earth go just yet and by adding in Tauriel he wanted a relatable female figure and the studio wanted a forced love triangle. But after being shown the fanedit version of the film. I feel like what Peter Jackson did, didn't do the work of Tolkein justice. One there's already a kickass female in the Tolkein verse and that's not counting Galadriel and Arwen. I'm of course talking about Luthien. And I think that might have been what he was shooting for with her and Kili. But Tauriel's role was just so forced in the film. I would've personally paid money to see a film about Beren and Luthien and I think all the extras that weren't in the book detracted from the films pacing. I honestly think the Beren and Luthien equivalence is actually well portrayed by your Emily and Thorin. A love that could move stars. A love for the ages.
Tauriel and Legolas aren't really needed in the plot of the Hobbit and I don't think you need them in your story either because what you've created in Emily is so much better.

While I couldn't give up my life on earth for the dwarves of Erebor I do think I would feel quite differently about doing it for the love of my life.

I sincerely believe the world is better for your stories in them.