Reviews for eye of the beholder
WraithFaithUnstable chapter 1 . 1/24
Jesus Christ, that was dark, Damn. it was pretty good, though, so, Kudos.
Sally Won chapter 1 . 12/9/2017
Oh why? please.. Why?
Uber Cool chapter 1 . 9/14/2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE THIS SO MUCH
Guest chapter 1 . 5/24/2017
you made someone cry with words on a screen
LedaSF chapter 1 . 5/6/2017
This story. ALL THE CRYING. You are so good with words, with characters, with unexpected plot twists!
Majolika chapter 1 . 4/10/2016
This story traumatized me. No really.
I read a lot and I can't forget this story until today.

Well done!
DricabannerOdinson chapter 1 . 3/24/2016
Estou chorando tanto \3
Eu adorei!
malphigus chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
This personally made me grow as a person. To not be so quick to judge, to always ask for a reason, to always assume the best, just to humanise people more. People often get shocked when I say the last part but it's true. We don't treat others as we'd like them to treat us. We don't realise that they lead complex and layered lives, having their own set of major problems in their lives, having personal and complicated personalities, not just a set of words we use to describe someone for our own convenience.

Giving up your eyes essentially means giving up your life; no, and not in the 'it's either me or you that gets killed and I'll do it because your life is more precious', but as in 'I'm ready to suffer in the highest degree, ready to give up pleasures in life for you, ready to just simply exist and not actually live.' And no, this is not an insult to those who are blind. It's different. It's a conscious choice. Can you imagine suddenly being blind one day? You won't see /anything./ You will never see your parent's faces, nor your siblings'. You won't ever see how your lover's face crinkled as tears gathered in their eyes when you say "I love you.". You won't ever see your children laughing. You won't see how the leaves bristle when a gentle wind comes. You won't see how clear the blue sky is. You won't see the sun as it sets. You. Won't. See. Anything. Ever.

It's so painful and debilitating to imagine. For someone to give their eyes away (in effect, succumbing themselves into total blindness) and /not get credit for it./ It is beyond me that such level of love even exists. Let me repeat. It is simply too pure, too raw, too sacred to even exist. I've read dozens of romance stories, of great-sacrifices, of making incredibly difficult decisions, of utter understanding and unyielding passion. But all those seemed so... little and laughable now. Because for me, a life without my eyes would be.. nothing. I'm an artist, that's for one. I also depend so much on body language. The day I lost my sight is the day of suicide.

What makes this piece great in particular is that you didn't write all of that. You didn't write about this as an holy act of love. You didn't even mention what a paramount sacrifice it is. You didn't write much about how they're feeling. You didn't even write Loki's reasoning and inner-turmoil towards his absolutely crazy and unbelievable decision. You just write /as it is./ That is the true beauty of it all; for things in real life don't just narrate themselves.

It's not to say that this story is shocking because I didn't expect Loki to give up his eyes at the end. But the fact that it is /predictable/ that sets you up for this inevitable feeling of sinking, of complete helplessness and resigned defeat because it is going to happen. You wanted to scream how big of an idiot he was, you want to punch some common sense into his thick skull, you wanted to slap him over and over in some futile hope that he'd change his mind. You want to beat him senseless because /how dare he?/ How dare he did this to himself.

Yet you can't stop feeling awe and respect for him. Pity and sadness. Confusion, maybe, because it simply doesn't register in your mind of how anyone could just do something like this. Shame, because you won't ever do something like this because deep down you know you're a coward. Anger, at Loki or at Thor or at the universe you simply don't know anymore, of how things just went this way. Irritation, for the young hearts and minds, because of how stupid and sentimental he is to give up his sight for another person.

It is always those who don't show it that turns out to be the nicest, the kindest, the most compassionate. It is always those who laugh the most and loudest who cried the most crystalline tears. It is always those who hurt the most, loved the most. Always look for a reason. Always go out of your way to understand. See beyond a smiling facade. See beyond hardened eyes and calloused hands. Nothing, no one is without reason. There is so much good, so much pain in people, if you'd only /look./

Thank you for making this. And your other works as well. Very introspective and deep, not as a goal of the story, but as a consequence. Beautiful, brilliant, and effective. Thank you.
Meew3 chapter 1 . 3/16/2015
Oh my gosh ow.
Queen-of-Hearts - Demios chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
..oh Loki
IsleofAnarchy chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
This gave me chills.
Rudolphsd chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Beautiful yet awful... I've been looking for this story for the longest time so I could favorite it
sparklybutterfly42 chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Oh. My. Goodness. This is so beautiful. I can't say I didn't see it coming, though. I mean, Loki loves his brother deep down. The guilt of taking his eyes would drive him crazy. I though he might give thor his eyes, but even so, when Thor woke up with green eyes I got chills. Fantastic!
C chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
absolutely stunning fic. Thanks for writing.
musicalgirl4474 chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
you made me cry . . . again. These are such beautiful, heart-wrenching stories I am reading.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »