Reviews for The One Who Never Wore White
alkin chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
Oh, I am so very glad you posted this story! I've always been fascinated by the Seanchan, have pondered the workings of the a'dam, and have wondered what tGH would have been like if Nynaeve had been the one captured instead of Egwene. You've written a story that touches on all of these. I'm especially intrigued by your mention of 'the Son of the Nine Moons'. So one of Tuon's brothers succeeded in her place? How did that fit into Rand's story, if at all? I'm eager to read more!

As regards you questions about the a'dam...it's a puzzling device. I don't understand how it can force a link between two women when one of them never channels. Even in the case of Moghedian and Nynaeve/Elayne - they could use her Power if they chose, but it didn't blend with their own the way it does in a conventional link. Personally, I think it's a selective combination of a forced link and a Compulsion-device. When Tuon collared Teslyn and Joline in KoD, she was able to use their Power as though it was her own without ever channeling herself. And yet the ability to channel is necessary somehow. Siuan and Leane couldn't fully use the a'dam, and Setelle Anan not at all.

As to your question about being able to remove a collar using the Power - I think not, for three reasons: because the Seanchan have been collaring women for two thousand years, and in spite of what they might claim not all of those women were willing. Seanchan was an unsettled land, full of channelers. Secondly, because Cadsuane tried and failed to find a way out of the a'dam, and she's a clever woman. If there was a way, she would likely have found it. And thirdly, the Aes Sedai who created the a'dam would surely have been smart enough to forsee at least the likeliest attempts her sisters would have made against it, and guarded against them. None of this is to say that the a'dam is impossible to escape, but it was intentionally made to be as difficult as possible.
User1987 chapter 2 . 3/1/2013
Loving this story. Your doing an awesome job. I'm hooked. Can't wait for the next chapter.
HMSFalcon chapter 2 . 2/27/2013
I really want to see what happens next. Will the others be in the story to or is this mostly Nynaeve and OCs?
elMoscato chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This is a very interesting story thus far! ITA about your A/N! Can't wait to see where this is going!