Reviews for the ways we loved and lost
starlightandseaglass chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
This was beautiful. I loved how she couldn't help but think of him when she found those sugar cubes and the last line sums up Katniss' feelings in this entire piece perfectly.
Razer Athane chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
This was gut-wrenchingly beautiful. I really really love your two Katniss/Finnick fics and hope to see more one day. Well done!
Berry's Ambitions chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
This broke my heart. I always had a soft spot for Finnick/Katniss and I think you portrayed her grief over losing him in a very realistic manner. Beautifully-written story!
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
I'm favoriting this because it is well writte and I like it. I don't really know what else to say, only I wish there were more Katniss and Finnick fics (non-romantic) out there.
emptyvessels chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Wow, this is just stunningbeautifulgoreouspowe rful, and them some. I just... wow. I really have nothing else to say other than you depicted Katniss' loss in a really beautiful and honest way and I love this.
Clara Meliza chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was fucking brilliant. Especially the ending.
tangled6 chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Beatiful. Simply beautiful. These two characters had a very deep relationship and I think you summed up Katniss' reflections on Finnick very creatively. Exquisite. My favorite lines:

He always was persistent as hell.

He fought for her until the end, even in his last breaths.

"Go and ask whatever gods you pray to whether they can save you from this."

If Finnick deserves one thing from her at the very least, it's the promise of a making him an eternal memory of hope instead of depression.
lydiamaartin chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
hellooooo here i am and first of all before i forget i just wanted to gush that SLKDFSDJFGKDKFLG THIS IS DEDICATED TO ME YOU WROTE ME A FINNICK/KATNISS AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH OKAY YOU HAVE NO IDEA THIS FIC IS SO AMAZING AND INCREDIBLE AND /YOU/ ARE SO AMAZING AND INCREDIBLE AND ADSKFLSKsdfjskdfdsireeGDSAIK

okay i'm done (mostly) now to gush about the story itself! (shall i say it's...real review time! no actually i don't want to say that)

WELL

this was...absolutely gorgeous, like, beyond words gorgeous. i mean first of all there's KATNISS MY QUEEN and the way you wrote her, post-mockingjay, post-war, post-finnick was so heartbreakingly beautiful and earnestly real and you managed to keep her, what's the word, the way she's so icy and closed-off for the most part in the books thanks to the rebellion and the games? but THEN SHE'S ALSO BROKEN AND ACHING AND PRETENDING TO BE OKAY AND SHE JUST WANTS TO GO BACK AND FIGHT HARDER /JUST FOR FINNICK/ WOW I AM DEAD GOODBYE and just adsklfjsd HOW DO YOU i love your katniss so much!

and then second of all her interactions with everyone, like with peeta first of all aND THE SUGAR CUBES i am cry :( i actually love sugar cubes tbh and then just WANT A SUGAR CUBE and wow this pairing is going to be my death. okay and then also with haymitch GOD THAT WAS ACTUALLY BEAUTIFUL the line you used for the summary makes my heart hurt it's SO PRETTY and just so haymitch and wow i love haymitch a lot always and i especially love your haymitch he's perfect, drunk but wise and mentoring and also still hurting from the war and wOW REMEMBER HOW HAYMITCH AND FINNICK HELPED PLAN THE REVOLUTION AND HAYMITCH LOST BASICALLY EVERYTHING i hate everything

and also the characterization of finnick even though he wasn't even in this was still absolutely gorgeous, like "he fought for her until the end, even in his last breaths" WOW THANKS I DIDN'T NEED THAT siiiigh finnick did everything he could for katniss and the revolution and he died for her and he was perfect for her and just. nope. no thank you. and also the passage about annie and their son and how she can see him in them and just god your imagery and descriptions and also "reminiscent of the man who gave up his life so they could have the best chance at one in a new world without him" sdkfljgoiDSRofjksdklsldfaodf SGSAGDS ugh finnick is my KING i give up on everything

and then the VERY LAST LINE WITH KATNISS SPEAKING TO THE CROWDS? perfect just absolutely perfection it was so katniss but not the girl from before the war who was so awkward and cold but a different, far more broken katniss who is so terribly used to the media attention and she knows how to do it by now but she still hates it and just asdjfksgdlk "look at me, just look at me" I'M DONE I QUIT THIS IS SO GORGEOUS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF!

in conclusion (wait for it):

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU'RE THE BEST WRITER I'VE EVER MET

(but NO ACTUALLY I LOVE YOU A LOT AND I LOVE THIS FIC SO MUCH AND I JUST ADSKLFSDGD I WANT TO WRAP IT UP IN MY LOVE AND KEEP IT IN MY POCKET FOR ALL ETERNITY OKAY i love youuuuu and keep writing!)
LinneaPike chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
woh, That was actually really good
marniemadden chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Wow. Okay, first of all - I read this about an hour ago, when it popped into my inbox, but I couldn't review then because I was still reeling from its brilliance. This was so, SO good.

To be honest, I didn't expect to love this, because my two OTPs for THG are undoubtedly Katniss/Peeta and Finnick/Annie, so this was going against them both. I knew that I wouldn't hate it, though, because I always love your writing. I liked it a lot more than I was expecting.

It was quite simple, I thought (in a good way!) but there were a few gorgeous passages. I liked that because it really made them stand out, I guess? Re-reading it, there are so many parts that weren't dressed up and there weren't four million metaphors in there, but they were still beautiful. The best example, I thought, was the part when Katniss found the sugar cubes.

I also really liked how you portrayed Katniss as so lost and sort of mad, I think it was really realistic and fitted in perfectly with the way Suzanne Collins wrote her in the epilogue. The last paragraph is probably the most obvious example of that, and it was possibly my favourite thing in the whole piece.

My favourite sections were:
"She finds traces of him everywhere – a permanent reflection from behind Annie's eyes, tattooed onto the way their son's shoulders curve, and the understated courage in how they stand together, tall and hopeful and reminiscent of the man who gave up his life so they could have the best chance at one in a new world without him." The descriptions were just beautiful and ugh can I have your writing style?

and,

"All she can do is laugh. 'Look at me,' she shakes her head, the image of his hair shining in the sunlight burned into the back of her mind, 'Just look at me.'" I think this one sentence just sums up the whole piece, the way Katniss is feeling through the whole thing.

This was absolutely fantastic and I probably say this in every review I write of your stuff, but please never stop writing. You're so brilliant and you have a wonderful talent.