Reviews for The Lost Boys
nolongerauser12 chapter 22 . 6/26/2015
Hi there! So I read this, late last year, before I got an account and am rereading it again, and I never actually reviewed! (This fic is worth like a million reviews ok) I love this story so much! Everything about it is wonderful, Captain Swan, the plot, the angst, the FEELS, the humor, everything! I love the way you've written the relationships, it feels authentic, not OOC and also like a real life friendship. Emma with David and MM, Ruby(I want Ruby-I NEED A RED LIPS IN MY LIFE), The Lost Boys brotherhood and most importantly Emma and Henry. You've completely nailed the characters and I love the amount of fangirling in this fic! The dialogue is amazing- I laugh out loud at Emma and Killian's inner monologues, Killian's innuendos and their conversations. Don't get me started on Emma (MAH BABYYYY) HER LOVE FOR CHOCOLATE AND SWAN BELIEVER AND SATURDAY NIGHTS WITH THE SQUAD AND HER BADASS PRINCESS HAIR ACTRESSNESS(BaeMo)THROWING HER DRINK AT KILLIAN AND HER CUTENESS HER INSECURITIES I JUST CRY AND HER AND KILLIAN HAVE THE LOVE OF ALL LOVES. I'm fine. *sobs* Btw I especially stopped to review this chapter bc the Coachella one is MY FAVORITE. AND WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT BaeMo's first ever Coachella this year(bless), her braid(getting suspicious now) and she saw Florence(ruler of the elves alongside the O'Donoghues bc Colins's ears-I literally google imaged his side profile after you mentioned his elf ears and you are right-plus Helen's Midsummers Night Dream perfection) The Machine and Jen fangirling over them(I'm starting to think you planned this tbh) Also I love Killian standing up for her...well I guess it is Killian Jones and he is about as whipped as the cream Emma puts on her hot cocoa. So before I start rambling even more and look like the emotional fangirl that I am(the fact that I remember this fic so well and forget everything about the French Revolution a day after I've studied it...)I wanted to let you know that even 1 year later-this fic still makes me smile and the last lines always make me sob.(I'm going to listen to Yellow, Clocks and Paradise when I read the last chapter bc I like making myself cry) *describes fic with a song title* you SO much for this.
SecretlySwan chapter 36 . 6/22/2015
This fic though. I am dead. I’m actually a zombie writing this review, which is fine because how do I live now that this story is over?! Hold on while I collect myself. Ok, I’m new to fanfiction, so I’m a little late to the party on this fic, but oh my god I’m so glad I chose to read it. What an absolutely amazing story. I cannot even find words to describe how much I loved it. You developed the characters so beautifully. Emma and Killian, ugh! Beautiful idiots, as you call them! And you got them so close to what is now canon! I read this post-season 4 and it’s crazy to see how accurately you got their relationship before it even existed! I’m glad I found this after it was completed, because waiting for new chapters would have been torture!

The relationship between the bandmates is utterly perfect, how they harass and jab, but also offer unwavering support, as brothers should. And each bandmate has their own personality to compliment the others. I love them all to pieces. Then you mix them with Emma’s friends and they complete a beautiful group of people. I want to be in their friend-family! My favorite scene was probably Coachella. The glorious banter between the whole group, the blooming affection between Emma and Killian, and the acidic encounter with Milah. So good. I love the relationship between Killian and Henry. As a single mom, it’s touching to see a guy develop a caring fatherly relationship with a child that he is in no way obligated to care for.

Your humor is perfectly delivered. I found myself laughing out loud or insanely giggling constantly. And your heart-wrenching moments nearly killed me. The beautiful moment when Emma came to him when she saw he was breaking at the reminder of Milah. I couldn’t help but cry at the break-up, knowing it was killing both of them, but he was trying to do what was right for her. The post-breakup tension and awkwardness, when he came to her after her desperate text when she thought she’d lost everything, what Killian went through after seeing her with Graham. So many feels. I wanted to punch Emma in her idiot face when she couldn’t see that he was lying to the attorney at the hearing! Ah, so emotional! And the stubbornness that is so perfectly Emma. Your M-rated scenes (I’d call them “smut”, but that seems too harsh a word) were beautiful. Sexy, emotional, and always different. I’ve read many stories where every naughty scene feels like the same regurgitated scene over and over, but yours always felt different, yet always beautiful. Their loving exchanges almost did me in. From the “Kiss?”(which I loved how it was an ongoing theme through the rest of the story) to him confessing to her that he was falling for her (“No parachute.” LOVE IT). And your beautiful final line in the epilogue. I cried. The quotes and moments from the show were integrated perfectly. My favorite was the “Good” near the end, as that’s one of my absolute favorite scenes in the show. I also loved how you wove in other fandoms. I immediately caught the “Bitch/Jerk” exchange from Supernatural and it made me squeal with glee. And I hoping I correctly spotted the reference to The Graham Norton Show. LOVE HIM!

This story would make such an amazing movie. I’d watch it over and over. It would be a fantastic book too. Hey, if E.L. James can do it, so can you! (And your writing ability is SO much better. :P) And I wanted so badly for the Lost Girl song to be real so I could hear it and see the video. I’m pretty sure I’ve said “love” a ridiculous amount of times in the review, but it’s still not enough. You have wonderful talent for writing and I hope you grace us with more of your beautiful work. It makes me sad to think that I can’t run to my iPad at my next free moment and read another chapter, but I guess I’ll just have to read in again someday. I know you’ve said no sequel, but I would totally cry if you did one. My heart would be so happy. :P Thank you, thank you, thank you for this story.

P.S. Thank you for that last extra scene! I was DYING for them to say those three little words to each other and you finally did it and it was perfect. Also, apologies for the long review. I’m sure you’ve heard all of this before, but I just had to get all of that out!
JLeee chapter 35 . 6/8/2015
Dear nini,
Thank you thank you thank you so much for this awesome fanfic of yours- "The Lost Boys"... I was crying and laughing and smiling all the time while reading it. Killian and Emma- they are magnetic, passionate, tender... I felt like like I was falling in love with CS again and again. I'm totally your fan (I want to be your BIGGEST Russian fan :D, hope it doesn't sound too weird)! All that feels... I think this fanfic is my undoing (and I wish that there will be no end- "I am so screwed"). The Lost Boys- awww, I love them all (creepy-father-mode Jeff, the-most-reasonable-of-them-all August, sweet-and-supportive Phillip and Victor- the-king-of-hilarity he ships Grace and Henry as I do :D, btw I believe all Oncers ship them secretly), Ruby, Mary Margaret, David, Graham- whoa, they are so cool along with the others.

God, I even believe that they are real.. The Lost Boys, Emma, Henry, Nana and others..
I mean, how could they not be. And thanks to you I believe that I had a chance to know them. Thank you so much! Thank you for this story!

P.s. I'm sorry for my mistakes in English. I think all review is just a mess..well..
EmmyLou74 chapter 6 . 6/5/2015
Loving this!
Guest chapter 20 . 5/30/2015
You just inspired me to a picture I'm definetely gonna draw (it wasn't this chapter though but the one where the boys decide on the theme for the new album) - so thanks :) another reason to love your story!
Dragon Rider and Story Seeker chapter 36 . 5/19/2015
Just finished reading and this is one of the best stories I've ever read! Enjoyed it so much and you fleshed out the characters perfectly. Thank you for a brilliant, fantastic and wonderful piece of writing!
Dragon Rider and Story Seeker chapter 20 . 5/19/2015
Oh man I'm finally able to log in and leave a review. I started reading your story today and, pun intended, I'm completely hooked! You've woven all the OUAT characters in so wonderfully and I've loved the Harry Potter and Power Rangers references, the five guys doing the Power Rangers morphing call had me both laughing and squealing at the same time. You done a brilliant story with your writing and the slow build up of relationships between Emma and Killian. Going to continue reading and will leave another review when I get to the end.

Also as soon as I heard the band's name 'The Lost Boys' and hearing about Killian's fairytale song idea I immediately had 'Second Star to the Right' by the Never Ever playing through my head with the guys singing it- Killian lead of course to Emma.
fallingforthecaptain chapter 36 . 5/16/2015
I never wanted this version of them to end! This story was amazing I loved it from start to finish
aimeeloren chapter 35 . 4/25/2015
I just found this story a few days ago and I have to say that it is brilliant. I could not stop reading. I love what you did with it. Just wanted to let you know people are still enjoying this work.
Guest chapter 36 . 4/21/2015
Looooooove this! So glad they finally verbalized. Haha. I wonder if you're going to right any more of them? I'd love it.
Guest chapter 35 . 4/21/2015
This story has completely consumed me now for several days. I have loved it so much. You are extremely talented.
Guest chapter 34 . 4/21/2015
Oh heavens. That was so goooooood!
Guest chapter 33 . 4/21/2015
So exciting! I love it. And them. They're so great.
Guest chapter 32 . 4/21/2015
This story consistently blows my mind. I love it.
Guest chapter 31 . 4/21/2015