Reviews for Daimyo's Daughter
fanofthisfiction chapter 9 . 7/19
Wow, you certainly delivered on that epic battle. I was ready for Itachi to die the evil one who was avenged by Sasuke, and then poof! He disappeared in flurry of crows and the tale really did reflect where we were in the manga and how vastly different their skills still were at this point.

It's not easy to end an story, and I'll admit I had speculated on how you might go about doing it. For this last chapter I actually took my time and gave this a second read. I'll share with you my first impression was a little different from my second after allowing time to digest it.

I am in awe how you neatly placed everything into the context of the manga and stayed true to everything. In retrospect this is really the amazing part of it all. During the first read my (biased self) was skewed a bit to my gravitation for a 'happily ever after' ending. It's not just the fact that it was a Princess story. I think I secretly hold onto that hope/expectation for most stories I read. Sasuke in your story leaves though and there is a sense of melancholy nothing more becomes of them.

Giving it a second read I really came to appreciate how this story fits nicely into what really transpires in the manga. He still needs to avenge his brother. He still needs to return to Oto to get stronger, and he won't/can't rest until this is done. It then struck me, it wouldn't have been Sasuke had he just up and returned (or at least it would be big deviation from the manga itself.) So I came to appreciate and like what you did.

I was hoping you would add a memento before he left, and you didn't disappoint. I was actually thinking it would be something sake related (remembering from this he nearly blurted out some of his feelings for her then) but I'm glad you used the mask. It represents all he hides behind but finally takes off just for her.

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful tale and I hope Unicorn Paige is proud of her UPMNSSR and the dedicated fifty-foot head you constructed on the side of Bacon Mountain.
fanofthisfiction chapter 8 . 7/18
The heart to heart talk between Sasuke and Sakura was short but I'm glad it was included. Selfishly I know I had hoped a little more would be disclosed about what Sakura knew about his feelings or vice versa but it makes sense not to go that route with the Mission at hand and to keep focus on the goals ahead.

You did well with the confrontation with Itachi. I adore his character as you probably know, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the end.

Unicorn Paige was definitely right. This story can use more to follow all that angst. How wonderful you've been able to work together to make this such a wonderful story.
fanofthisfiction chapter 7 . 7/18
Boy the explosion (in my mind) when Itachi entered the equation was key to holding my attention. And just when I thought it was the big moment, you topped yourself with Sakura's scene with Sasuke letting him know she knows of his identity. She's no longer a weak girl living in a fantasy of being strong. She is cunning and fierce.

I have to admit, Sasuke agreeing to have Sakura help him speaks volumes of what he thinks of her now. It's the perfect way to show how much progress and change has been made.
fanofthisfiction chapter 6 . 7/18
Oh my goodness, the sudden jump into Sakura addressing her Sasuke-kun had me reeling. And then the rug was pulled from underneath me when it was disclosed she still didn't really know who he was. Their shared conversation and then the banter the next morning worked perfectly and I suppose it drove me to hope that the disclosure would take place sooner rather than later. Because of this, the placement of the suspense at the very end really ignited the pace. You had me wondering...would Sakura finally find out about Sasuke? And then you delivered!

So much can happen or not happen. So I guess the big question is: will she use it to find out anything?

Very memorable 6th chapter.
fanofthisfiction chapter 5 . 7/14
I adore that Sasuke's slightly jealous side comes out when the fair haired boy tries to make a little advance at Sakura. I wonder what was going through his head at that point and time...not any thoughts of a certain blonde haired teammate, right? ;)

The adventure together helped us to catch a glimpse at where they are in their development and how much Sakura still thinks of Sasuke no matter how long it's been since she's seen him last. I had to smile with Sakura's love of food and Sasuke's discoveries about her along the way. Clever use of a dead nin who stalked her. Boy those takoyaki sticks can be sharp!
fanofthisfiction chapter 4 . 7/14
I am glad Sasuke's identity is masked to Sakura. The one way discovery works wonders in fleshing out his thoughts. The fact that they are still teens makes it such a perfect time to learn more about each other before too much time passes. I wonder if she will get to know who is under the mask any time soon or how the meets with the suitors will change her perspective in boys/men and royal life.
fanofthisfiction chapter 3 . 7/13
I like the preparations made to transform Sakura into Princess Sachi. Each little step of the way, we see her grow and work her way to becoming a beautiful young lady. The way she enjoys and conforms to the luxuries and expectations of a Princess also highlight her ability to adapt to the Mission.

It is interesting to get a sense of Sasuke's feelings when he learns of Sakura's status as Tsunade's apprentice. I hadn't really ever thought about how he would take the news.

I wasn't sure if Sakura's hair was disguised. Pink would be very distinct and Sasuke would have noticed immediately that it was her so I'll have to see how that was hidden in the coming chapters.

Being that they will be exclusively together can only mean there will be some Sasu/Saku interactions coming up. I wonder what you have planned. Guess I'll just have to read on!
fanofthisfiction chapter 2 . 7/12
Sasuke's obsession with Itachi is well done. By adding in the fact that he still thinks of Konoha gives us a glimpse that he isn't as heartless as he appeared when he left Sakura.

I adore how his Kekkei Genkai is used to retrieve information and can't wait to see what's in store for the surprise meet.

On Sakura's end, I'm glad she's shown to have grown and still isn't 100 percent sure of herself yet this solo mission is proving to be a great way of giving her confidence that her skills have grown on her own accord.
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 7/11
Ah, what a perfect set up for an unforgettable meet. The reason for the title of the story is already disclosed and the background was perfectly laid out. I like how this is seamlessly inserted into the manga where the skip takes place. I never really thought about if Sakura were to meet Sasuke during his time at Orochimaru's. This will certainly be an interesting scenario ahead. You've definitely piqued my interest!
IAmJustAFicReader chapter 9 . 12/27/2015
I just about threw my laptop against the wall because I FORGOT THIS WAS PRE-SHIPPUDEN and I was SO MAD there wasn't more.
Imateenwolfluva chapter 9 . 11/25/2015
OMH DEAR ME NO ! Spelling error of my previous review ! Proper spelling : Imateewolfluva not Imateenwolflyva ... Ithink that's what its sed , anyway , I'm tooo lazy to login aqain so yeah .
~wercrazybesties4lyf
wercrazybesties4lyf chapter 9 . 11/25/2015
U knw at first wen I read the end I was lyk that's it ? But then I realized that stories with those endings are... Epic , I guess , for many reasons ...in my point of view of course , and one of those reasons are that it leaves one to imagination ... They wonder as to what would've/could've happened next , and so they delve into the depths of imagination - yes I'm aware that I'm probably not making any sense at all lol- anywayz enough of that , I really enjoyed your story , seriously , it was so ... Wonderful , I guess , I mean the way you described everything in detail is ... Wow . Lol and then there's sasuke developing feelings for sakura , and the whole secret identity thing it was too good , I mean , Its all so ...unique I guess . Like the story line , the plot and everything ! Its something -im pretty sure- I've never read before,I mean yes I've read sooo many stories , but this story , along with a few others , is one story that has a completely different touch to it . Its not the ordinary stories like sasuke comes back to the village ...AND NO PLEASE ! To my dearest author , and to all those who r reading this , NO , I loved every story I've read , I'm just saying ! No intention of hurting ANYONES feelings , please , I don't like doing that .
Anyway ... I believe that is all I wanted to say lol , ummmm ...bye ? Hehe
~Imateenwolfluyva
Yellow Green Fish chapter 9 . 9/3/2015
Loved this story a lot! :D keep up the good work!
heyarnoldfangirl chapter 9 . 8/18/2015
aww... this was really cute!
little miss saigon chapter 7 . 7/6/2015