Reviews for The End
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Ron/Hermione is my OTP, so I had a couple of issues with this, but it /is/ an AU, so anythings possible, right? You dealt with the horror of the situation very well and I think that even though Ron did do all of that stuff to Hermione, that maybe he was under the imperuis curse because of what happened at the end, maybe it had worn off. This wasn't really my cup of tea but it was very well written.

DFTBA
Nayla xx
Fading to Black chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
This was actually pretty awesome. It's dark, yes, but Ron did confess to meeting a group of Snatchers almost immediately after he left the Forest of Dean. And he's pureblood. If he really had Death Eater sympathies, or was just too scared of being on the wrong side of the war at the wrong time, this is how it might have ended up. Well done.
Isilarma chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Very dark, very disturbing, but you wrote it very well. I like the sibling relationship between Harry and Hermione, and you conveyed their pain very vividly. Everything flowed well, and I didn't notice any major mistakes.

I do have a little trouble with the idea of Ron raping Hermione in front of everyone. Betraying them I can understand, there's enough support for that from canon, but going that far seems a little OOC.

Regardless, the whole thing was very well written. I can't say I enjoyed it, but it was very good.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
The horror of this is portrayed very well; I like that you certainly do not make light of the situation, since sometimes people don't portray sensitive topics well. You certainly show the terribleness of the situation that Hermione is in, and I can certainly understand why she would resort to killing herself as opposed to being held captive by the Death Eaters and this Ron for the remainder of her life. I do like the fact that Harry thinks of Hermione as his sister at one point; that was sweet, in the midst of the horror. There were several little errors scattered throughout the piece, like 'groan' instead of 'groin', or that 'apparated' needs to be capitalized. In addition, I don't feel that Ron would ever do something like this; there isn't enough background in a oneshot for something like this to make sense with his character. In a multi-chapter, it could probably be pulled off, but it just seems very sudden and OOC for him to do here. I do think you characterized Harry and Hermione, as well as the other Death Eaters/Voldemort, well, though.
Lily meet Ginny chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Ack. This is my last story to review for the February Fanfic Favorites, and I was hoping I would be able to read it regardless of the warning. It was a bit more detailed than I thought I would find. I wish there was a warning in the summary about rape, since that can be a particularly touchy subject. Your writing was good, the detail was there, and the emotion was there. Hermione's actions were believable. I think you met the goal with the operation horror challenge.
Katconan chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
I just found and read this story today, 3/20/13 so I don't know if you will ever read this review. You are an excellent writer and despite the subject matter being one of rape, betrayal, torture and horror, it was well written.

After reading some of the reviews you received, well I can totally believe Ron would be capable of doing such a thing both to Harry (out of jealousy) and to Hermione (to put her in her place). One of your reviewers said that Ron wasn't raised to be like that, but I disagree. Molly Weasley is a bigot and although she is considered a "Light Witch" and total follower of Dumbledore and all his agendas (which doesn't really mean one is a good person), she is still very narrow in her view of the world. Arthur was just a meely, little "yes dear" man who let his wife rule the house with an iron mouth. Despite being poor, I get the feeling that Molly does feel entitled because they are Purebloods and since they are Dumbledore's idea of a "good Pureblood" then their outlook and chosen behavior is the best.

Ron is a jealous git in the books no matter how anybody tries to defend him. He is also lazy, nasty and just as much a bigot as Malfoy. When in the books he left Harry & Hermione, he did it out of a fit of pique and no doubt tired of having to endure the physical discomforts. You can't blame the Horcrux for influencing Ron's behavior because he has always been jealous. He also spent their entire school years belittling and fighting with Hermione. Unless one is oblivious and/or an idoit, Ron ENJOYED HURTING HERMIONE. Sucking face with Lav Lav continuously and in public was a perfect example. I could point out other instances but this is already too long.

Anyway, don't feel bad about the negatives reviews because "Ron wouldn't/couldn't" do such things to Harry or Hermione. He COULD AND WOULD!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I'm not going to beat around the bush with this... I didn't like it. Not because it was horror or anything like that (I can deal with horror and what not) but because Ron was awfully OOC and I just couldn't do it. I'm sorry to say, there are few things I won't read, but I couldn't get all the way down this.

This has nothing to do with my love for his character when I say that Ron would never do that. Regardless of his jealousy and that, he would never side with Voldemort, if not for his friends, but for his own, personal reasons. He was brought up into a family that repelled that. He wouldn't do that.

And there is no way he'd rape Hermione either. Your writing was good, but I didn't enjoy this story at all. I'm sorry, I know it sounds mean... but... ugh... I'm kind of angry now after reading this. I honestly had to stop multiple times to regather myself, and I still couldn't finish it.

So, take that your writing is good, but I'm terribly sorry, that is really the only good thing I can say about it. It's just not my thing at all.
Crownfall chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
No! Ugh, I despise sad endings! *hits floor and wails* You definitely have the potential with your writing, but I'm not one for sad endings... nor betrayful!Ron, for that matter.

Agh, the feels. Great fic.
Cookies-and-Ink chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
That ending, with them both dying just broke my heart as did the whole piece. How incredibly harrowing! *shivers* It's all the more horrifying because Harry had to watch, had to see what they did to Hermione and my God what Ron did to her, how awful... This fits absolutely perfectly into Operation Horror, horrifying indeed ey? What a bloody bastard is all I can say, good on Hermione for being brave at the end... I think.

I feel bad saying 'good on you for killing yourself' but considering the circumstances I felt like giving a sigh of relief when I realised her plan. At least they won't be able to hurt her any more.

Incredibly detailed and very well written I was so drawn in, just couldn't stop reading. Fast paced and scary as hell, thank you very much for this :)

Abby x
AlwaysPadfoot chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Well that was gloriously dark. Excellently done, I only spotted a few SPaG errors but other than that this was really good. :)
Aya's crew chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I thought it was brilliant. I always like to read ron goes dark stories because I believe it is completely within his personality. I thought your motives behind it were spot on. Good job. Would live to see more.
Montley chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
The events of this story was horrible and tragic, but really fit the category well. I still find it hard to believe that Ron would do such a thing ever, so you should say in your summary or author's note that Ron's OOC on purpose to make the story work.
You did write this very well and really conveyed emotion well. I admit to getting a little teary eyed at the end.
Ron's betrayal in this was the worst of all. It was sad and terrible.
One thing I do have to point out it in this line: 'I knew I had to do something to ensure I would be on the winning time'
I think you meant team not time.
Otherwise, great job writing this.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Why do you have this under Ron/Hermione? Not good...