Reviews for Harry Chooses Stonewall
senawario chapter 1 . 6/21
I love stories where Dumbledore does not get his way. This is nicely done... even if your author nickname is one that I *definitely* don't ship ;-)
Saissa chapter 1 . 3/22
Listing all first year students in the Daily Prophet is a GROSS invasion of privacy and goes against their human rights.

As for nothing being able to do anything about Harry's refusal to attend Hogwarts, I'm sure it is not as easy as that. I bet that Dumbledoze will persist in demanding that Harry attend. After all, Harry is needed for The Greater Good.
Theblackbook chapter 1 . 3/17
Oh how I wish it was longer ! Loved it!
Dugleik chapter 1 . 2/25
That was hilarious! I'm not sure why I have a thing for Harry Potter not going to Hogwars stories, but this made my day.
The Sinful chapter 1 . 1/20
Ok, that was actually rather amusing.
Steve2 chapter 1 . 1/19
Just saw this story. Read it. Liked it. It is a great premise to start a longer story. You could have a lot of fun with it. Are you interested in taking it further? If so, keep me in mind and I'd like to help. You have options that haven't been addressed - what happened to Hermione during Halloween? What will happen with Quirrell and the stone? What will happen to the prophecy? Will Voldemort rise to power and seek Harry out, who is working at a construction site, and some of his followers show up just as someone is showing Harry how to use a nail gun, and it goes a little off course and shoots hundreds of nails into the DE's, who splinch themselves trying to get away. And due to the metal used in the nails, it interferes with their magical recovery. So Volds has to confront Harry himself only to find himself tossed into a cement mixer and poured into a cornerstone of a building that became one of the strongest warded buildings in the country. Something silly like that. It could be interesting. There is also potentially the part where Dumbledore tries to take him on a wizarding tour of Diagon Alley and Harry starts to wonder how these buildings are up to code. And when he goes to the bank, he notices ways to improve their building and also security since he had just spent the last few months working on installing the latest security system at Vernon's company. When he finds out about the break-in the Goblins had the year previous, he was shocked and let his show on his face that they couldn't even catch the criminal, nor had any video of who it was. So he introduces them to the concept of video cameras and the Goblins want Harry to work with another employee to figure out how to get it to work with all the magic in the area.

These are just some ideas I had. You could also have Harry attend during the 92 year and be part of Luna's crowd since it appears Harry would be a Ravenclaw. Or a badger since he is loyal to the company he works for during the summer. And when Harry complains about headaches during potions, a fellow student says his grandfather used to peek in his mind when he was younger and that caused him to have that as well. He tells him of mind magics. Harry thinks about it and since it requires eye contact, Harry orders some mirrored sunglasses.

Like I said, this a great start of a story. I'd like to see more of it.
jupimako chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
I wish there were more stories like this one.
Bil chapter 1 . 10/6/2014
Lol! Great story.
KasandraBlack chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
It's such a nice story! I've read it few times and it's never boring))
CatGirl04 chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Its a good story but somehow I think for someone like Harry, they would get the tutors so that he could go to Hogwarts. Plus I just don't like the thought of Harry being out there with no defense against Voldemort. The best part of the story is it was really gppd kick up the backside to Dumbledore.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Is this humorous? I guess, sort of, in the sense that Dumbledore really gets his comeuppance for sending Harry to the Dursleys. Not really in any other sense, because Harry is dead the instant that Voldemort can arrange it, and he'll have no idea how to defend himself, or that he even can.
Fang's Fawn chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
Hilarious! Thanks so much; I loved this "what if." I have one with a (somewhat similar) premise on the back burner, but yours is stellar. :-)
Obsessive Consumptive Reader chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
And damn if that isn't a story I'd like to read more of.
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Hahaha, nice work.
bardthebowman chapter 1 . 1/28/2014
Overall a good quality story. I found it very enjoyable. I do have a bit of a quibble for you though. Early in the story, you have Vernon and Petunia spoiling Dudley ridiculously by building him (through contractors) a fancy game room with a built-in kitchen and bath and even a sofa-bed. Then later on you reference that, because of financial difficulties, Dudley (and Harry) have always had substandard school supplies. This does not seemed to mesh with the sweet smell of excess wafting out of Dudley's game room. It's still a great story and an enjoyable read. Thanks very much...

Jasper