Reviews for Coming Back To Life
Yeah woo hoo fuck mako! Long live borra!
FUCKING...EPIC!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Wow! This was amazing. Seeing the evolution of korra goes through - almost makes me wish the show had done something similar. Seriously, great work. Such an amazing and inspiring read. Well done!
Jokermask18 chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
I like this a lot but my one criticism is just this: Why does the fandom give Korra such a hard time? She's not the arrogant jerk so many so many like to claim she is. That being said, good job.
KaliAnn chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
What an interesting story and well written.
Making Some Toast chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
When I first saw the word count I thought this was going to be a doozy! So I was to only read a few parts and come back to it. But after the reading the first part, I was hooked! I couldn't stop reading until I found myself at the end and I have to; that was absolutely spectacular! I mean, can I please send this to the producers and stick a note to the letter saying "THIS IS WHAT SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED" and include some hate mail for the ending too? This is probably by far one of the best stories out there. I love that even though Korra had others help her, she still grew up on her own in some ways. She had to find things out on her own and not just rely on others to give her all of the answers. I also love the few parts with Asami. Her character was developed a lot in the few parts she was in. I just love everything about this. And don't worry, a little character development doesn't hurt anyone! But seriously let me write that letter. (not really)
DrkVrtx chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
You developed a character?! That's not allowed! But seriously, this was a very engaging and evocative read. The format in which it is presented was unexpected, personally, and though I think that the jumps between the opening portions feel slightly disorientating, the flow and pace of the story steadies as things progress.

The Korra we see at the end of this story is an entirely different person from the one we are first introduced to. The sense of depression and isolation is quite tangible in the beginning and reflects in the interactions made (or attempted to be made) with Korra. I can just imagine the disgusted look on Lin's face when she sees what Korra has allowed herself to become. Having Asami be the one to - quite literally - pull Korra out of her misery was a good choice, and the development of their relationship from then on is enjoyable to see.

I like that you explored the idea of Korra still being the Avatar without the fullness of her bending, rather than having this be solely a journey to relearn how to manipulate the elements. The discussion of what Korra can do outside of her bending in relation to her Avatar duties is one that has a lot potential, and perhaps is not explored enough. Funnily enough, it took me ages to realise that Toph was the one teaching her earthbending again. I mean, who else is going to come up with the nickname 'Seaweed Brain'?

In short, this is the sort of thing that I would have preferred to see rather than the canon ending to Season One, which was too quick and too easy. Didn't leave the best taste in my mouth, I can tell you that. All the potential to see growth on Korra's part in rediscovering herself? Straight out the window. But alas, such is the advantages of fanfiction. We can take the time to expand and explore these things : )