Reviews for the william tell overture
Morwaen chapter 4 . 7/15
Oh, well...

*looks down at shattered, bloody mess*

It's not like I needed that heart anyway...
fullsignal chapter 4 . 6/10
The last part was evil i almost cried. Really nice story. Good writing
Luckwearer chapter 4 . 2/28
Beautiful fic, I loved it. The ending thoug... right in the feels.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 4 . 2/26/2014
a beautifully written story. those last lines epecially pack a punch.
wan shi tong chapter 4 . 2/12/2014
actually, I'm pretty sure Fili dies trying to save Kili from falling off a cliff and ends up falling off himself and Kili is stabbed through his armor by Bolg

i know ten thousand things
Allory N chapter 4 . 2/2/2014
This is beautiful. Your writing style is lovely, and your characterization of the brothers is spot-on.

I was doing fine until the last three lines. Now I'm a teary mess. No complaints from me, though. Rather be a mess over something as wonderful as this than anything else.
Niina chapter 4 . 1/29/2014
That was magnificent.
Firstly it pleases me to know that someone not only knows the famous tune, but also remembers the legend of Wilhelm Tell, not many nowadays do. And then again, perhaps I complain and grumble as an early aged old lady, giving bad remarks at anything that is young.
Now, for the story itself, it was wonderful, intense and interesting. Very well written, and I thank you for it.
And the question if it would be harder to shoot an apple placed on the head of your son or your brother is the one outside of boundaries and capabilities of answering.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/3/2014
urg this was gorgeous. the last lines especially-"together or not at all" ;; i read this yesterday & am still terribly overwhelmed by it.

you told such an intensely profound story without getting bogged down by melodrama (which could have been so so so easy) urg this was just great beautiful i love it so much etc etc etc
Chades chapter 4 . 12/30/2013
You know what? I was going to praise this story. Your writing style is extremely nice, loved the conflict between the brothers and the overall tension but then you ended the last paragraph and I just thought "F*ck everything, was that necessary?!" and got all teary-eyed. Thanks for reminding me that There and Back Again is going to reduce me to a sobbing mess. Yay!
SilverWind13 chapter 4 . 8/3/2013
How did you ever come up with an idea like this!? It is brilliant! I love it! Love it, love it, LOVE IT! So sad, though! :'( I was nearing the end and thinking, 'Okay. Prepare yourself. It is going to hint their deaths some how." But when it came? I was totally unprepared! I didn't want to cry this much! Just a little bit!
childofthestorm chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
You give me too many Durin's line, Fili/Kili family feels!
That said, it was beautifully done. :)
Scarlett's Fics chapter 4 . 2/16/2013
...Okay. I never would have thought that three lines, THREE DAMN LINES, would ever have such an effect on me. (Or maybe the fact that it's so short is what makes it so terrible.) In any case, I cried. I wasn't *prepared* to cry. I had a big, happy grin on my face all throughout the last part of chapter 4, thinking "Finally, a Fíli/Kíli story with a happy ending"... I was laughing at the image of Dís skinning Thorin alive (!)... And then THIS ?! You killed me. Most heartbreaking ending ever. So sudden and unexpected, and written in such a cold, detached tone... *sob* And yet, it was beautiful. Yes, "the second", whoever it was, certainly did welcome death with a smile. Better dead with his brother than alive without him. *more sobs*

Oh well. All tears aside, it's a great fanfic, though. Very well-written, and the characters are wonderfully in-character - both Fíli and Kíli, and an exasperated uncle Thorin. It's very unusual to read stories where the two brothers are fighting or arguing, but it works so well here - of course brothers do sometimes fight, even if they love each other more than anything in the world (says the girl who spent most of her life arguing with her little brother rather than getting along with him :)). I loved all of Fíli and Kíli's dialogues and feelings, and some scenes were pretty intense - the way you wrote the moment where Kíli shoots the arrow, with chapter 3 in-between, was perfect.
LiL PriNCeSs Me chapter 4 . 2/14/2013
Wait. What!? What just happened? How can you do that? That's totally not fair. This was such a great chapter. Their arguement, their bond, so many feels. Then that encore happened and I'm so hurt and confused. Great job anyway I really enjoyed this.
Horserida chapter 4 . 2/13/2013
awwww that was an amazing chapter! love the last 2 lines there really awesome! What is the last thing you wrote there? Did you think of it?
This is how they fall:

The first, a spear in his back and a sword to his side.

The second, an arrow to his heart and a smile on his face.
Aruraina chapter 4 . 2/13/2013