Reviews for In Hands Hard to Trust
FacetiousKitten chapter 45 . 6/16
Love it! The ending bit with Chiriko and the scrolls tickled me senseless. I just... ahhh I have nothing else to say! I love it. Thank you for writing this lovely fic. 3
FacetiousKitten chapter 43 . 6/16
Oh my God. Now Yui is making me cry, too. This is too much!

I suppose I should toss some critique in here for good measure, too? I love how you differentiate between Suboshi and Amiboshi. Amiboshi's preference for peace and his willingness to use force when necessary shine through perfectly, as does Suboshi's instability and creepy obsession with Yui. The scene when Suboshi pushed Yui down and broke her earring had me feeling really scared for her!

I do have one picky little thing to say, though. Sometimes you mix up homophones - like "due" and "do" in Chiriko's first line in this chapter - or accidentally leave in words you obviously meant to edit out. I don't expect you to edit this story after being done with it for nearly two years, but it's something to keep in mind for your future writings. (I certainly hope you write more in the future!) Reading the story aloud would probably help you spot those little goofs so you can patch them up.
FacetiousKitten chapter 42 . 6/15
Oh, Nuriko. You never fail to make me cry.
FacetiousKitten chapter 38 . 6/12
Augh, I love Kouji so much. "Knock knock!" Too cute. :)
FacetiousKitten chapter 34 . 6/10
Oh my gosh. The Juan/Mitsukake breakdown almost made me cry. I had never thought of how difficult it must be for an innocent little kid to suddenly remember his past life. Kudos to you for bringing such depth to something so few FushiYuu fans consider!
FacetiousKitten chapter 33 . 6/10
This story is so dang fun. I can't believe it only has 18 reviews! You're handling the canon characters well, and I like your original characters, too. Nice. :)
FacetiousKitten chapter 1 . 5/17
I don't know what's going on yet, but I'm excited to find out! And I like the mother-son undertone to Houki's and Boushin's conversations. They might be ruling a country, but she's still a mother to a little boy who is bound to be frustrating at times. I look forward to reading more. :)
KittyLynne chapter 17 . 9/12/2013
Wow. This chapter has to be my favorite so far (and given that I've been thoroughly immersed and enjoying each one, that's saying something!)

Why is that? Along with everything that has been set up coming to fruition, I'm hugely impressed by your understanding of the characters and how you show character development through dialogue and interactions. Case in point: you didn't just have Kaika going with Yui because of his duty as a seishi, but also because he feels it's also a responsibility to his family. That you would think to include this small but crucial detail elevates you as a writer and makes me very happy as a reader! :D Likewise with Hotohori and Boushin...the differentiation you have Hotohori making regarding his feelings for Miaka and Houki (explained in a way his young son can understand) is lovely. Above all, the scene between Suboshi and Nakago is stellar-everything flows perfectly, especially the shared cynicism of the two Seiryuu warriors. Nakago's pragmatism and dark humor in explaining his view of the relationship between the gods is right in character...the line about things being too scripted had me smirking even as I'm feeling trepidation in wondering what is going to happen next.
And yes, Mayo has pretty much redeemed herself. Never thought I'd be rooting for her...*grin*
KittyLynne chapter 16 . 9/5/2013
I really like how you've put together certain characters in this quest. Loved that 'the guardian ghost' is along for the ride with Houki and Mayo, and I like the interaction between the two women. Houki is definitely not a warrior type, and yet you have admire her spunk and courage in doing what she can to face down the danger that confronts them.

The conversation between Tasuki and Miaka was well done. Absolutely love the line 'don't make me the bad guy for liking you.' Tasuki's not being politically correct and isn't hesitant in getting right to the point. So very like him. *grin* Miaka doesn't want to hear what he had to say, but If anyone can snap her out of her funk, it's him, Sometimes we need to have someone go where others fear to tread...it's clear that he does have her best interest at heart (and possibly at the expense of Chichiri, lol)

Good use of past experience to have Chiriko come up with a way to reach Juan.
Guest chapter 14 . 8/30/2013
Some very important and eye opening revelations in this chapter. The reunion between the two priestesses was very well done, and right in character for both.

I like how you're integrating Keisuke and Tetsuya into the plot...they may be 'bystanders' but it's clear they have a part to play. :)

You're right, Mayo is digging a hole...poor Boushin. *grimace* Glad there's someone who's stuck around to keep her in line. *grin*

Can't wait to see what happens when Tasuki shows up...*goes to read more*
Guest chapter 13 . 8/30/2013
'I hope to redeem her a bit later, but she's got a deeper hole to dig first. That's the only way some people learn.'
This is good to know, because Mayo is definitely playing the diva in this chapter. It's a tribute to your skill as a writer that she had me alternately gritting my teeth or wanting to give her what for. *grin*

Shocking that Juan is a victim, and Boushin redeems his rather bratty behavior by his reaction to hearing of his friend's plight. You are doing such a good job with his characterization...he's got all the hallmarks of a ruler, and yet he's still very much a young boy. Also love his interactions with Tasuki, and that Tasuki doesn't hesitate to speak his mind to His Majesty.
Anne Raven chapter 25 . 7/27/2013
Your strengths lie in the interactions between the Suzaku Seven and the Konan peeps although I can't say the same over at the Seiryuu camp. I find them a little flat, or rather, they're like 2D and still missing one dimension. That aside, I like the way this chapter turned out. I'll be watching out for the next chapters. Cheers!
Anne Raven chapter 23 . 7/13/2013
Brilliant! I very rarely find fics in this fandom that I like; most of them Yui-centric but this fic blew me away. I'm no fan of Miaka, much less Mayo, but here I find Miaka interesting and Mayo tolerable without them deviating much from their canon personalities.
The Suzaku Warriors are loveable, as always. Boushin is simply adorable even though he could be a brat. Houki is Houki. I love her.
Normally, I tend to favor the Seiryuu Stars but I find myself hating them here. (With the exception of Amiboshi)
You really know how to anchor your readers to your story. Keep up the good work. I'm hoping you post the next chapter soon. Cheers!
KittyLynne chapter 12 . 6/18/2013
You do transitions so well- every scene change flows and they fit together beautifully.

Loved the nonchalant way you introduced the identity of Kaika's wife...makes total sense since Yui never met her, but it was a major AH! IT'S HER! moment for me as a reader. *grin*

And we find out about Miboshi...*shudder* His malevolence is truly fearsome and I fear for poor Chiriko. D:

Mayo is right in character with her demanding and angry demeanor, and yet I have sympathy for her this time around. Nice job of characterization in making me want to read more about her rather than wanting her to go away. Btw, there's one small critique that I just can't let slip by in that passage, as it took me out of the mood you were trying to establish. Saying 'she lied down' is grammatically incorrect...*rueful grin*

It's amazing to think of Suboshi as a benevolent uncle, but you succeeded in making him just that. Suboshi seeing his brother as a happily married man surely means Yui is going to have her hands full in future..._
KittyLynne chapter 11 . 6/18/2013
Poor Boushin! The fact that he's still a kid comes through here. Felt empathy and motherly understanding his upset at finding out why Suzaku wasn't summoned (also thought it was totally in character for Tasuki to tell him what happened in plainspoken terms, XD). Aside from thinking it a clever plot twist, I find it very believable as to what might have happened if Miaka had given up and into her urges. It puts a whole new light on canon events...

Really like that Suboshi is the one taking Yui to meet his brother. Wondering about Kaika's wife...;D