Reviews for Everybody Leaves
Iceleaf13 chapter 1 . 4/25
I agree that Rachel is not very nice to Kurt.
Who is Lucy?
que sera sera chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
oh thank *christ* someone feels the same way about hummelberry as i do! that "friendship" *so* problematic and it's just *unhealthy* on *so* many levels; seeing people support it is so frustrating because kurt and rachel's "friendship" is incredibly one-sided.

this fic really makes me wish that lucy was canon. i got the impression that kurt often blows off lucy for rachel and that really saddens me. lucy is a much better friend and confidante for him than rachel ever will be.

rachel does nothing but use kurt and has made it clear that she does not care about him at all. it always baffles me how people in the fandom always sort kurt and rachel into slytherin house *together* whenever they decide to put all the glee kids into the hogwarts houses. people say that kurt belongs in slytherin because he's ambitious, but he's not like rachel; rachel makes the perfect slytherin because she's willing to feed people to the wolves to get what she wants. she sees kurt and any "friends" she has as being disposable; once they've served their purpose for her, she has no need for them. rachel is more than willing to give up what is really important (family and friends) to get what she wants. kurt isn't like that; yeah, he's a go-getter who knows what he wants, but he loves his family and friends and is loyal (almost to a fault - hence him still being "friends" with rachel). kurt would never hurt people for personal gain like rachel does.

anyway, end rant. i don't know why this fic reminded me of people in the fandom putting kurt in slytherin with rachel, because he's nothing like that at all. to me, kurt has always been more of a gryffindor; he's loyal, brave, and mentally strong. he would never stoop so low as rachel to get what he wants.

this was such an awesome fic. i like how you stated so perfectly how problematic hummelberry is and was able to put that into the words of the characters. i do think it would've been interesting to see adam's perspective on hummelberry, but lucy is perfect too.

good work! :)
Amira Devant chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Finally! Someone else who agrees that HummelBerry friendship is shit. In know they are similar and stuff, but Rachel doesn't understand what it means to be a friend. Not truly. And Kurt does, but he won't let go because he can't lose one of the few friendships he has. Kurt always forgives people. Finn. Mercedes. Rachel. Hell, even Blaine.
Sometimes I wish Kurt wasn't so much of a doormat but he does lack the self-esteem and self-confidence.
Pheldiner chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Awesome story! And Kurt your not alone! Blaine will come!"
JustTryingToHelp chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Well I posted a review to this yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have shown up? I'll just have to keep trying until it does ;) I saw another review further down and couldn't help but wonder: Do you really not publish reviews that criticise your work? Because if you can't handle those reviews, then how will you cope when you're a published author? Flames, sure, they have no point, but criticism? Has a purpose. Trust me. On the topic of purposes:
Much as I love you're stories, I hold much less love for you're character Lucy. To me she has absolutely no purpose. In all honesty, every single line she says could be rephrased and made to come out of the mouth of another character who already exists. Obviously it can be a challenge to come up with a context for those lines to be said in, but you could do it and you're story would be 100x better for it. Even using Adam in this story would have made sense, as Kurt would have been able to explain things to him. I just think Lucy doesn't actually bring anything new to Glee. She just exists about in a little bubble of Mary-Sue'ness.
JustTryingToHelp chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I'm going to be honest, so please please don't be offended or upset by this! I don't really... get the point of Lucy. She just seems to be this female character who exists in you're stories to fill space. To me, this story would have worked just as well with a character who was already part of glee. Adam would have been great, because he's new to the scene and Kurt really would have been explaining things to him for the first time and whatnot. Lucy seems like a nice enough character, she just doesn't seem to have any purpose in the glee universe, since she's not radically different from any of the characters that are already established. To me, a character has to enhance the story and bring in new ideas, or be necessary to make it realistic (e.g. I thinks it's fine to have two cops with similar personalities since they are required to patrol in pairs anyway and there is no need for them in the storyline, besides from the jobs they do). I'm sorry if you are offended by this, that was never my intention :)
loveinuyashatoshiro chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
loves
LPlover93 chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I kinda love this and I totally first it was sorta subtle, but with her literally inviting her so called boyfriend to move in without asking Kurt, trying to bring him down at school only to be consoled by the same guy when she loses, she definitely does not deserve her..thanks for writing this!
nebula2 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Glad to see I'm not the only one who sees how one-sided the Hummelberry friendship is. Everything is always about Rachel and we never see her be there for Kurt. I loved the fact that he beat her at Midnight Madness at NYADA! That was a long time coming! Lovely little story here. I think you captured Kurt's thoughts and feelings very well.
Nire93 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
I really liked this. It really captures what I feel that Kurt is feeling, he really doesnt have anybody that he can just be himself and let go around, especially after the whole cheating fiasco (how you could ever trust somebody again, I do not know). With Burt being so far away and presumedly busy running his shop and being a congressman, Blaine not an option and no other really close, long time friends, this must be a very low point in Kurts life. I hope that there is a follow up to this, I would like to see how Lucy reacts the days following this, if she tells anybody and what she does around Kurt.
F. Jane chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
thank you! someone finally said it! I hate rachel. She's an awful, awful girl. Sadly she is the main character of show... But yes she takes advantage of everyone's kindness and won't even admit it. I used to find her funny in her own silly way but after Blame it on the alcohol I realised that she was never going to change.
EmeraldQuill394 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
oh wow :)
i love this so much, you have no idea :)
i can relate so much aswell(:

please can you write some more of One More Time With Feeling, and the Bravid one :)
thankyou 3
lizzie
trufflemores chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
I love this not only because you address Kurt's emotional insecurity very well (both in the wake of graduation as well as the break up) and also succinctly explain why Rachel's 'friendship' with Kurt is anything but. It's no surprise that he's finally going to snap in the next episode: I'm surprised it hasn't happened before, frankly. Not to the same degree. He side-eyes her and makes exasperated comments, but actually yelling at her and throwing accusations is new for him (for Kurt in general, to be honest: one of the first times we ever saw him yell during the show took place in the last episode when he went on a mini-tirade about Brody's nudity). This seems like the perfect prelude for that - it sets the scene nicely. Kurt's point of view is very clear in his monologue, and Lucy offers an outside perspective and opinion. She forces him to confront the one-sidedness of his relationship with Rachel, and she learns even more about Kurt in the process.

It makes sense that he would hold on to Rachel so long as he feels so isolated. Blaine reached out physically to someone else when he felt cripplingly alone, and Kurt let Rachel latch on to him. It meant human company, and with their shared interests, it seemed like a good fit. They could talk about things (or rather, Rachel could talk about things and Kurt could nod along understandingly), and they both have similar aspirations. Living with her ties him down to her in another way: he doesn't want to create a touchy situation simply because he can barely tolerate her as it is. Making her angry at him would make it even worse, and living situation aside, he certainly has reasons not to want to alienate her.

It's tragic that he feels so alone. I feel like the break up is a good thing in some respects because it forces Kurt and Blaine both to reach outside their limited comfort zones and make new friends. Not boyfriends, not love interests, but actual friends. Blaine has Sam and the rest of the New Directions to support him in a way that didn't exist last year (and was especially complicated after the Warblers' betrayal), and Kurt has Isabelle and an expanding group of New York friends. It's great that he met someone like Adam and, in turn, the Apples. He needs to regain his confidence and ability to make other friends so that he doesn't continue to suffer through this situation.

It's interesting that you left this ambivalent at the end. We don't know if Kurt will confront Rachel or not (we do, courtesy of the upcoming episode), and we certainly don't know how he plans to remedy his overall relationship with her. At this point, the best option for him might be simply to sever all times. He needs to get away from Rachel for a little while, and it's unfortunate that they're bound together simply by their living situation and unable to physically move apart. (My theory is that Kurt might move in with Santana if she gets her own place in New York.)

I love how you explored this entire situation and broached a topic that isn't often discussed. I admit that I'm on the same boat: I'm looking forward to Kurt calling out Rachel because he desperately needs to. He's letting himself be beaten down and trampled over, and he can't keep doing that if he's going to pursue his own happiness. The way you wrote it here is perfect, and I love how you captured Lucy's and Kurt's relationship.

Beautifully done.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
I totally agree with your view on hummelberry, if Rachel has a nicer side that should come out more often, the writers are not portraying it. I wish Lucy was a real character, she's just great.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
I know you can't handle critics of your work so this review probably won't get published, but I disagree with your hate of Rachel and of Hummelberry. Rachel is selfish, especially with this whole Brody issue. She has her flaws, but so does Kurt. Underneath her selfish behavior, I think she is a sweet girl who truly loves Kurt as a friend.