Reviews for Me & My Shadow: Shikaku's Life Lessons
RICEBALL300 chapter 8 . 3/18
I love it!
swanfrost chapter 8 . 8/23/2014
God bless this story and god bless shikaku being alive thank you so much I'm in denial too. Still in denial. Shikaku and inoichi are not dead. Never dead.

I really liked this, and I think you wrote shikaku's personality really well through the entries. Some of them were heartwarming and funny, and others were a bit more serious, but each one of them was unique and amazing.
bleiddianmusic chapter 8 . 7/8/2014
Aw, that was great 3 Shikaku and Shikamaru have a very interesting father/son relationship. I'm happy to read a good fanfiction aboutit! Jee *dancing*
TeamByakugan chapter 8 . 6/8/2014
Great story! The pieces of advice really sounded like Shikaku himself. Wonderful! :)
Kiddo20 chapter 8 . 5/28/2014
I love it! I laughed so hard reading parts of this, and my heart clenched during others. I love that Shikamaru was so funny as a kid! Genius or not, he was still a kid and kids are goofy and embarrassing!

Then you through me for a loop right at the end and Shikaku survived! THANK YOU! I literally was like gut shot when he died...and when I thought Shikamaru was gone too, I might have let a few tears out (I am way to emotionally invested in fictional characters...).

I love this whole idea of writing a journal for your kid to say the things you didn't know how to out loud. It was sweet and adorable and Shikamaru's reaction at the end to reading all of it was spot on.

Amazing job!
White phantomhive chapter 8 . 5/25/2014
awwiiee... its heart warming..funny and overall a very enjoyable read.. another one of my favorite from all of your work (Haven't read them all though. too many stories and I got a high up pile of work. :P ) thankz again for sharing a great work Arrigatou _
Sato-San chapter 8 . 5/8/2014
Sweet, beautiful, and funny. I love how Shikaku turns out to be alive (I'll be your neighbor in denialland as well, does Neji live there?), and those last few lines? Hilariously Shikamaru and Shikaku. I'm really gonna miss this story.
ana89 chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
I really love the story between a father and a son. Its such hilarious, hope to see this kind of writing in the future.
(o゚3゚b)b
ZakuroU chapter 8 . 5/6/2014
HE LIVES! !
THE GREAT SHIKAKU LIVES!
WHAT A TWIST! :D
For a moment, I thought Shikamaru was hallucinating his dad, but NO! He LIVES! Muahahahahaaa!
That was a really nice epilogue, I really liked the humourous little bit at the end.
I think as a final review, I second everything I stated last chapter plus another farewell to this lovely story! Thank you so much for the pleasure of reading it!
ZAKURO AWAY!
DSaph chapter 8 . 5/5/2014
This was great. I'm glad you finished, but I hope you're not finished with Shikamaru. Keep on writing.
I guess I'm your neighbor in "denial-land" because I am also holding out for Shikaku and Inoichi to get pulled from the rubble alive and well.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/5/2014
i'm so sad this is ending! i loved the story, there was nothing quite like it. but well done, i'll always remember it and love it! - Mia
WatchingAsYouFall chapter 8 . 5/5/2014
I think I prefer this to what the manga will probably do. I too am living in denialland.

I loved it 3

WatchingAsYouFall
ADDAnna chapter 7 . 5/2/2014
WHAT?! NOOOOO, I just got into this story, you can't end it now! DDDD: Damn, I was hoping for like a bajillion more updates...oh and I noticed that shikaku only ever signed it -your father- before, but this time he used Love, is that on purpose?
Sato-San chapter 7 . 4/30/2014
Though I really liked the last chapter, I do think this one is my favorite.

I'm so sad this story is ending...it was very unique and lovely, and I can only hope that maybe you reconsider and add a few more chapters...? But then, I suppose every good story must come to an end. I'll love this either way.
Me chapter 7 . 4/30/2014
NO! D: This can't be the last chapter! I don't want this story to end! Can't you do a few more, where shikaku talks about like family or jutsu or something?