Reviews for Land and Sea - A Belle and Ariel Fanfiction
Neemoweemo chapter 22 . 12/4/2014
I really want to know what they do for their honeymoon! Where do they go? And what about their new jobs? And kids, is that ever gonna happen? What kinds of arguments do they have? How do they fix em? Do they ever get fired, and whose the new villain to ruin their day? Please, I need to know!
vcjb242 chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
well there were only a couple of spelling errors i noticed but everything else was fantastic. Great detail, great descriptions and omg Gaston will never stop being a dick
Truna chapter 22 . 9/25/2014
Loved this fanfiction so much. ;w;

The past two days have been so darn great for me. I had a wonderful time following their adventures, and I'm really looking forward to the sequel. I also really enjoy your writing style; you actually take the time to explain Triton's point of view, which I think is essential for the flow of the story. You also time skip over unnecessary details, which I've never seen done before but it's definitely something I could get used to. xD And you never have any overdosing of lust or anything above pg-13. That in itself is a pretty extraordinary accomplishment, lol. There's only one small thing that I'd like to whine about, and that would be a lack of an explanation of Prince Eric's point of view at the end of the tale. However, that's just me nitpicking. Your story has been an incredibly enjoyable read, and I'm really looking forward to reading more of your fanfictions.
AvidReader88 chapter 22 . 7/16/2014
I'd be up for a sequal! Though having one never even crossed my mind. Have you been working on one? I hope the theoretical story becomes something more!

Good luck on your original work! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Wheelie91 chapter 22 . 6/11/2014
I'd like to see Belle get chloroformed, kidnapped and Ariel and co must save her from the gang of homophobes who took her to turn her straight
GoodWitchesOfOz chapter 22 . 6/10/2014
Hey CynthiaER,

I think it would be very interesting if Belle wanted to go into the sea and the couple became mermaids. Perhaps they could change from mer to human at will with Triton's charm, or since one of them is from land and the other sea, when they get married they both automatically get the species-changing ability. Neither of the two are responsible for ruling a kingdom so that possibility might be out, but what if there was a threat that required such an amphibious ability?
Rayne Arianna Maranochi chapter 21 . 5/23/2014
This story was completely amazing. I loved the plot and the way the characters interacted and everything. I actually stumbled across this pairing on accident, but is find it so charming and cute. Somehow I just find they bring out the best in each other. Though I do wonder what it would have been like if Belle decided to become a mermaid and be with Ariel, like maybe they could split their time on land and in the ocean, so they get to enjoy each other's worlds together.
Ghost Of The Mountain chapter 21 . 5/3/2014
Love it :) I hope to see a new story from you . You are a amazing writter :)
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 21 . 4/26/2014
Not too shabby, to say the least.
I also found ‘Ariel & Belle’ to be an interesting read, but your twist on it was equally effective while being almost completely different; the fact that you included the Beast and Eric really made it stand out, as you explore Belle and Ariel’s relationships to both while making it clear that each only sees their canonical paramour as a friend in this version.
From their first appearances, you clearly explore Belle and Ariel’s personas at this time, Belle determined to stand on her own and protect her friend while lost on how to accomplish her goal while Ariel finds herself increasingly uncomfortable in her maturity and new responsibilities in favour of the freedom she appreciated in the past (Your thoughts on some of the subtle nuances of mer-society were also well-developed, on that topic).
A few of the spoken sentences sometimes felt a bit overly formal (Particularly from Belle, even if everyone else’s word choice can be excused due to their more privileged backgrounds), and some events feel a bit rushed at times- Isle’s appearance in particular feels like she was rather abruptly added to the picture to give Beast/Adam a new chance to break his curse, and considering Triton’s affection for Ariel I feel that his abrupt sentencing of her for her attempt to make contact with Belle was a bit TOO quick even if he was trying to show that he wasn’t going to play favourites- but Ariel’s development once she’s transformed works rather well, her relationship with Belle in particular developing gradually while her interaction with Eric is far more tentative now that she’s actually put some thought into what she’s looking for and has more time to explore a relationship, as opposed to her more impulsive decision and greater time constraints in canon.
Gaston and Ursula’s attack the night of the ball was superbly handled, timed just right without ever seeming like a coincidence- say what you like about Disney’s villains, but their plans are always well-timed even if they sometimes fail to accommodate the human element- and Belle’s reaction to Ariel’s confession added another plausible twist, leaving her increasingly conflicted before the shock of potential loss forces her to face how she really feels, culminating in a simple but moving conclusion.
All in all, a good story in concept, and some interesting scenes, but you just seemed to rush through some parts of the story too quickly for my tastes; if you’d taken more time to lay the groundwork for Isle in particular, she would have felt less forced as a character.
Sammi G chapter 21 . 4/23/2014
This novel is one of the best I have read.. amazing. look forward to reading more! Only took me 2 days to read...completely swept me away! Well done!
Guest chapter 21 . 3/23/2014
This was the most amazing thing I've ever read. I am so sad it's over. You are a fantastic writer. XoXo 3
Francis456 chapter 21 . 2/22/2014
What a nice epilogue. I really enjoyed it. I'm glad that Eric has finally learned to let go and accept Ariel and Belle's relationship and it's great to have Lumiere, Cogsworth and Mrs Potts back. I honestly tought that Gaston's mob had destroyed them all at first, so I'm guessing that they must've somehow gotten away from them.

I liked Ariel and Bele's wedding, especially the part in which they doodled on each other's faces and last chapter, I like how you made Triton's turning Ariel into a human seem like the compromise between compassion and punishment. It's like he said, "You want to see the human world, you've got your wish, but don't ever come back", minus that last part since Triton still really loves his daughter and at least he and his other six daughters attended the wedding.
Francis456 chapter 20 . 2/22/2014
How nice, all's well that ends well. A pity about Gaston though. I think I might actually be sympathising with him since he's the one that ultimately killed Ursula. No one repays backstabbing sea witches that disguise themselves as jezabels and goes down with them like Gaston (sorry, couldn't resist).

I'm glad to see that Eric, despite everything has come to accept the fact that Ariel and Belle are a couple and I'm grateful that he decided to help rather than wash his hands of the whole situation, but then again, he's not most people. I can't imagine that it was easy for him considering Ariel's rejection and one would have thought that his actions during the raid on his palace would have amounted to a sort-of truce or "We'll discuss this later" sort of attitude. When Ursula took Ariel, he could have just abandoned them, but chose not to and still considers both Ariel and Belle friends. That's nice that he can accept things that are not part of the status quo.
Francis456 chapter 19 . 2/22/2014
Nice chapter. Adam becomes human again and just when everything seems likes its going to end happily, Ursula and Gaston just come in and ruin it and just as Ariel get's her voice back, her time limit as a human expires and everyone's too shocked to react to Ursula's transformation to stop her from taking Ariel. Really great, just when happiness seems within their grasp, it's snatched away at the last minute.

I do have to wonder if Belle's reluctance to accept Ariel's feeling had something to do with her experiences and how she seemed to believe that it was all a punishment for going against the status qup. I'm glad that she's finally decided to push past all that and decided that, "To Hell with the societal norms, I'm following my heart."
Francis456 chapter 18 . 2/22/2014
Gee, so Ariel's pretty much resided herself to her fate and Belle is wrestling with her own feelings. I'm glad that Belle had sort-of met Sebastian and Scuttle proper evn if she can't understand them. It's surprising to see her rather accepting the situation and not asking question like why a crab and seagull are both acting out of what humans believe is the ordinary for crabs and seagulls and how she's not quizzing Ariel on how she can communicate with them.

I guess, Eric letting Ariel know of the values dissonance between their respective cultures really shook her up. Like I said before, she seemed to take it like a slap in the face and seemed that she was ignorant to the possibility of human society's set of culture norms and that they were different from her own culture's. I can't help but wonder though what would've happened if Triton's soldiers had not followed Ariel and Belle had been able to meet her as a mermaid.