Reviews for red
dimitrisgirl18 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Excuse you Laura I think I just cried. And asdfghjkl that's just really, really sad/haunting. Because I know that's what I would feel if I killed someone. I would feel that extreme remorse-and the fact that it's so blantant just hurts my soul. The repetition of "don't kid yourself, Theodore" makes it even more punch-in-the-gut, because it feels like he hates himself and BBY.

Allie
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
. i love how you utilise the prompt and paint some imagery. the only word i have a problem with is crippled; Theo isn’t injured in some way. is he? he’s haunted or tainted, yeah.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
LAURA.
Are you trying to kill me, trying to drown me in all this angst. Because I think you're succeeding.

Poor Theo. That guilt has to be eating him up.

Now I really love how you formatted this. It was clever. How every other section started with "don't kind yourself, Theodore" or "you don't kid yourself, do you, Theodore". It really shows how much he wants to make amends but he knows he can't, the he can never make those three people's deaths right.

I loved how you described his world was "red, stained". Red is for passion, rage, love, and also blood. And I think you managed to capture a bit of all four in here. He's passionate about trying to right his wrongs - becoming an Auror to save people. But he can't, causing him to become angry at himself. THat in turn makes it hard for him to love. Hoever, blood is the main theme. It works.

["your lungs crying out for air / your heart crying out for them. / oh, don't kid yourself, Theodore / crying for them doesn't save them"] - This was just beautiful. Simply beautiful. The fact that his heart "cries" for the people he murdered speaks of how deeply he regrets it. Then it goes on to say that it doesn't matter; it doesn't change anything. It hurts my heart, I'm telling you.

["three people are gone, just done, because of what you've done"] - The first "done" sounds a little odd in this sentence. I think you meant "gone". But it's a gorgeous sentence, anyways. I do wonder which three people he killed.

["every wakingsleepingconscious moment"] - So as I'm sure you know from reading my freeverse, I love it when words are smashed together too. Which means I love this. Though, I do question your use of "sleeping". I think I understand that you mean every single moment, awake or asleep, but it just reads awkwardly to me.

["you never knew their names /(and maybe that hurts the most of all) / but you will never forget their faces."] - I wonder if he would ever attempt to figure out their names. I mean, since he's an Auror and all, he could, logically, get a sketch artist to draw their faces and try to match them to photos. Okay. I'm looking to far into this one. Anyways, the fdact that their faces haunts his memories and dream - I'm assuming anyways - is lovely and really believable.

["you will never be who you were"] - But that's what war does to people, isn't it? Changes who they were, takes away their innocents, makes them chose sides and forces them to kill or be killed. (Okay, well I don't know if Theo was in a life or death situation, but given he worked for Voldemort, I think he was). They can never go back to the way they were before the war.

["your hands are stained redredred / and that is never going to change"] - Oh, Theo. You can't take back what you've done. But you can become better. Now, have I told you how much I love repeating colors? Because I absolutely love when it's "redred" since it emphazises that color. So I really love the fact that you did that.

The funny thing is that Theo is the only one who would ever be able to see the blood stains on his hands, to know they're there.

But this is amazing and I really loved it.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Wow, I actually feel sorry for him. This is really good, I like the italic part. :)