Reviews for The Pursuit of Happiness
Guest chapter 36 . 10/15/2016
Just re read this story it gets better every time I read it
Guest chapter 36 . 6/20/2016
Oh wow this story is amazing, I have read many fanfiction but none absolutely kept me so engaged. Thank you it was beautifully done, the history in relation to the characters gives this story such richness. I could'nt wait to get to the end yet the closer I get to the end I felt sad because I realized I wanted more. You are a gifted story teller.
Guest chapter 36 . 5/29/2015
It's stories like these that makes one wanna believe true love exists,you are an amazing writer.
rissmuso chapter 27 . 4/23/2015
LOL Wagner builders. With Tristan and Isolde. Priceless.
kyla-b chapter 36 . 7/6/2014
So i don't know if i ever commented before but i absolutely love it. I decided to reread it recently after talking wih my cousin about fic suggestions and the other day i just happened to watch a documentary that was so well suited with this fic i think you have to watch it. It is called "The Loving Story" and it is about the supreme court case loving vs Virginia that mad laws against interracial marriage unconstitutional. having written this fic i think you would really enjoy watching the movie.
Tifah 98 chapter 16 . 6/27/2014
I sooo love how u used to kill a mocking jay n dean martin n ray Charles n I watched some of those movies n I lovvvve the price is rite ur my new fav author but I thought u wuldve mentioned Aretha Franklin queen of soul especially jazz I love the fact that u actually used some people n movies n books pertaining to the 50s instead of what sum writers do n jus make a story dealing with racial views n such but don't add in any key points r info r famous people black white from the 50s I wouldn't have remember half the names if u hadn't put it in also I think u shed put in Rosa Parks like have Gwen read in a paper bout this colored woman who refused to give her seat in the paper r bout nelson Mandela r Malcolm x u know more people pertaining to the 50s even whit also. Wid that being said I am soo in LOVE with u : ) !,!
Tifah 98 chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
Sooo love this fanfic!
SilentFlame13 chapter 15 . 5/13/2014
I've actually read a few of your other stories so when I stumbled across this I was like 1) it'll be awesome and 2) I'm actually doing an A-Level exam on the Civil Rights Movement tomorrow so it was interesting to be able to start this and see hints of what I've been learning about!
Forthe loveofcamelot13 chapter 36 . 1/26/2014
That was fantastic!
Guest chapter 8 . 1/12/2014
My God, you must really hate Elyan to reduce him to this emasculated version. Guinevere in any way, shape, form, or incarnation would never talk down to anyone like that, let alone her own brother. You have empathy for everyone in this story except for your female protagonist's brother. With the exception of your bad guys, all the white male characters are empathetic, but your sole central black male character is an overgrown child. And in a story that should be about racial equality.

Shame on you.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/28/2013
As a former prosecutor and trial attorney, I think you did well in writing courtroom/trial dialogue. There are glaring procedural no nos but only discernible by me as an attorney so no harm no foul.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/26/2013
Ok...I need to know Percy's secret for real...lol. I can guess what those two words were painted on Gwen's house...nice and believable touch to the story. Love the developing feelings between Arthur and Gwen-so romantic and lovely.
BELINDAPENDRAGON chapter 5 . 10/14/2013
Ok...I need to know Percy's secret re: his uncle...like yesterday. Lol
BELINDAPENDRAGON chapter 4 . 10/11/2013
Lol...Gwaine is the cook. I guess he's American in this story also because I can't see an Irishman knowing how to cook BBQ ribs and collard greens-lol.
BELINDAPENDRAGON chapter 3 . 10/11/2013
Loved this chapter. The flirty awkwardness between Arthur and Gwen is just so adorable. Loving the sibling relationship between Gwen and Elyan. Love the Southern dialect and African-American vernacular. As a well educated African-American woman and attorney, I not only speak the "King's English" but I also proudly speak in a black vernacular. And I understand that Southern Black people, educated or not speak in their own Southern black vernacular. You only have to listen to rap and hip hop music to know and understand that Black people have their own vernacular that is NOT...I repeat that is NOT less than traditional "King's English."