Reviews for In the End
Stoofxtastic chapter 8 . 10/21
This was one of the most heartbreaking, gut wrenching pieces I have ever read. It tore my heart out in ways I've never experienced while reading someone else's words before. It was stunning and beautiful in a way that makes me both elated and incredibly sad all at once. Thank you so much for the privilege of reading it.
Bergamotte chapter 7 . 9/6
I couldn't help myself ... I had to come back and re-read this beauty. The system wouldn't let me review Chapter 8 again, so I'm cheating and calling this a review of Chapter 7.

I loved, loved, loved the way you wrote this fic. Having our beloved characters end their days on Mummy's French estate was a peaceful and gentle ending, nothing like it would have been in London. And having Sherlock and Molly talk about their future was a stroke of genius. It was a future they would never have, and yet, in wishing for it, they had it all, even if only for the blink of an eye. "We had it all ... just like Bogie and Bacall ... "

As I finished reading the story, I couldn't hold back the tears. What an amazing piece of work this is ... absolutely perfect.

Lono, I truly hope that, with the next season of Sherlock (end of 2016 or start of 2017), you'll be writing again in this universe. You are brilliant.
Bergamotte chapter 8 . 2/14
Lono, I take my hat off to you for your story, In the End. You wrote it with such erudition and delicacy. It was a stroke of genius to have Sherlock and Mycroft play the Kreutzer Sonata. That will always be my favorite sonata for piano and violin because it flirts with the listener, meandering through many different emotions but building up to its theme of triumph and joy. Fitting that it was the last piece of music they ever played together.

I realize that you wrote this story several years ago and your last posted fanfic was completed one year ago, thus it's possible that you may not see this comment; but I feel your work is too good not to be acknowledged.
I'm crying like a baby right now. The ending was just so beautiful and heart breaking. This was a pleasure to read and now I'm off to read more of your fanfics :)
Thirty years and professional deformation, they say. Men don't cry, they say. I do not give a damn right now. Reading this's like a bloody catarsis, every time, and I can't help it. Lono, thank you for this one. Just had to tell it.
ResoluteShadow chapter 8 . 8/29/2015
I am unashamed to say that I've spent the past 6 minutes trying to muffle my sobs so I don't wake my roommate. Excellent story, it really brings out emotion. Also I love the simultaneous details and vagueness of your end of times. Keep up the good work!
VioletLites chapter 8 . 8/27/2015
This was beautiful. The last chapter "grow old with me." I can barely type because my eyes are all blurry with tears. Just gorgeous. But sort of light given the subject matter too. You did an excellent job giving this fic balance. Thank you for writing it and for making me feel something. It's rare that fanfiction can do that.
CryingAlone chapter 8 . 6/6/2015
Waaa... Ive been crying for the past hour. Such a sad but beautiful ending, and you are a wonderful writer.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/7/2015
Kinda wished the world did explode. At least then the pain would be avoidable.
danannb chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
This story is amazing. The writing is fantastic and the final seen is perfect. I love all of Lono's stories and I have been putting this one off until the last. I knew it would be great like all the others, but I usually shy away from sad endings. I'm so glad I finally gave in and read this! It's not sad, it's beautiful! Ok, yes... It does make me sad, but in the best kind of way. Like I feel like my heart is destroyed, but there are no tears because I can't stop smiling. I think I'm not going to to be able to read this again for a couple of months. But I'm so looking foreward to when I'm ready to feel the massive feels again. Bring on the fluffy one-shots.. I need to recover a bit.
babyemery125 chapter 1 . 3/26/2015
I know I've reviewed this story before, but I recently was looking through my favorited stories list and found it once more. After re-reading it for the third time, it still reduced me to a sobbing mess. Your writing is exquisite. I hate writing extremely positive reviews without criticism, I like to add constructive criticism in addition to my praises so as to help the writer improve in addition to boosting their self-esteem, but I truly find no flaw in your words. You captured these character's voices beautifully while constructing a stunning, heartbreaking tragedy that has stuck with me ever since I first read it. You are the writer I aspire to be one day and now I'm off to read your other stories (I really don't know why it never occurred to me to do this before, but better late than never, right?). Thank you again for a story that has surpassed the confines of fan fiction and become a work of literature that will forever influence not only my writing, but my life as a whole.
contactfoosball chapter 8 . 3/21/2015
Five months pregnant. Read your story, cried for 15 minutes nonstop-my husband was about to call the doctor. Have sworn off all other Sherlock/Molly end-of-the-world fics until after delivery.

That said, beautifully done.
Guest chapter 8 . 1/27/2015
I just read this and it really fucked me up but it's wonderful like i'm crying but it's also great
sorry i'm just too emotional right now tbh.
EolClowRidlley chapter 8 . 1/2/2015
Crying. Thank you for a great trip
Guest chapter 8 . 12/31/2014
That was one of the first fanfictions to ever make me cry, beautifully written... All I can say is Bravo!