Reviews for Cold and Dark
acrisafu chapter 3 . 6/14
Awesome story! Still playing on updating. I understand if you can't but I'd be nice to have it finished out (:
LadyOfBirds chapter 3 . 4/11
Ahaha hey I remember you. You're the Star Wars guy. You wrote that awesome Star Wars fic. That's like, half the reason I clicked this, because I knew yoU'RE AWESOME at writing and this hasn't been updated in two years. I LOVE YOU. UPDATE. PLEASE?
bibliophilea chapter 3 . 11/11/2014
I love this. I absolutely love this. You get at the complexities of their situation, from the consequences of being ignored for 300 years, to the similarities between Jack and Pitch, to the differences which, in another universe, drove Jack away from him and to the Guardians, to the many forms of belief, to the consequences of making a partnership with someone who is ultimately your enemy, but who is also perceived to be the only one in the world who can help you. I love the way this story seems to be told by both the grey-eyed lady and a disheartened Jack looking back on his past. And I love the relationship you've struck between Jack and Pitch. It's very reminiscent of the relationship between Danny Fenton and Vlad Masters in that both Jack and Danny (if Danny were to ever choose to be Vlad's apprentice) felt they had no choice, and are fighting to keep their identities and to keep the damage the other would cause at a minimum; and Pitch and Vlad are both clearly scheming, and view the younger more as a pawn whose potential as an enemy needs to be nipped at the bud, than as a partner. I get the feeling that Pitch is starting small with Jack, with just a bit of snow, but he intends to push things a little bit further - maybe a bit of cold here, a frozen stuffed animal there, then later some ice forming some menacing patterns on the window - until Jack winds up scaring children on his own, without needing Pitch there to elicit fear. Since at his core, Jack is a spirit of fun, of happiness and laughter and joy from the snow and the wind and the cold, such a transformation would undoubtedly freeze his heart. I hope you come back to this story - it has the potential to be a truly great, brilliant, fan-TAS-tic story!
Alaric-2012 chapter 3 . 1/30/2014
this is incredible, xoxoox
wierdsquirrelgirl chapter 3 . 12/20/2013
Good story. Keep it up.
Almadynis Rayne chapter 3 . 11/2/2013
Poor Jack! That sucks! Rock meet hard place...such a bad thing, but I too had wondered at why Pitch, who had planned such centuries-long plans, would screw it all up with a few mis-placed words. *sigh* it equals a bad ending, of course.

I do hope you mean to get Jackie out of it again?
Sora Tayuya chapter 2 . 9/19/2013
The serious, and adult, interaction and view of Jack from the Guardians' perspective was very impressively done at the end. I have not seen another author write the Guardians treating Jack as a non-child in a serious manner before. This was superbly done.
T chapter 3 . 8/23/2013
You a brilliant author,all your stories pull me in and your descriptions are just detailed enough so I can imagine the scene but not so overalls detailed that it makes the story boring...
That and the stories are amazing
Ansy chapter 3 . 8/21/2013
Wow. This is interesting idea. Your story is great. Please update.
alight chapter 2 . 6/5/2013
This is the most believable, emotional, complex alternate version of Antarctica that I've seen. And I've read pretty much EVERY FIC at this point. God, I have an actual lump in my throat...
Sheeijan chapter 3 . 5/18/2013
Oh, poor Jack! I hate how horrible he feels. But at the same time, he's really learning a lot. And the cold hard truth is truly that Pitch didn't need Jack on his side. He just needed him out of the way of the fight, really. I wanted to cry when Jack asked whether he's never been alive then. Even Pitch was affected by that I think. Intriguing and really well done.
Aingirl chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
I looove how you make Pitch creepy and scary! You sent shivers up my spine with Pitch, and a sick feeling in my stomach about what's going to happen...
All in all; an extremely suspenseful chapter, therefore a great one! *thumbs up*
Crystal Peak chapter 3 . 4/30/2013
I love this story. It's very different from other AUs where Jack joins Pitch but it's great! New and fresh! They are all IC and the plot is very interesting. Jack helping Pitch scare kids is an interesting twist. I wonder what will happen when Jack sees his memories.

Keep writing! :D
Guest chapter 3 . 4/29/2013
Ooh yeah I like this one. Pitch's manipulation has a rather interesting turn of allowing Jack to set down some terms, meaning that Pitch is actually offering a real 'partnership' instead of servitude. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Dark Jack story to do that. You really do get inside Jack's head, and make it credible that if Pitch just said some things differently, he really would have succeeded in making Jack join him, because of their similarities. I also like how this Dark Jack isn't 'evil' as such, at least not yet, and we can still believe that this is the same Jack we've come to love, just taking a different path. To put it simply, it's brilliant and I cannot WAIT for the next chapter.
Nausicaa of the Spirits chapter 2 . 3/16/2013
Good job calling them out on what they did, Jack! I am so proud!