Reviews for The Science of Deduction's 1st Student
EmilyChelidon chapter 5 . 10/11/2013
I like it very much! :D I'm also interested to see how it goes - hopefully we get the first episode of season 3 sometime this year!
marye chapter 5 . 3/20/2013
Very good, John isn't stupid, of course, he would figure out what happened.
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Yes- John is not an idiot. He will figure this one out. I just hope that Mofatt/Gatiss/Thompson follow a similar line in the real thing!
Marmar chapter 5 . 2/25/2013
Quite good. That isn't my opinion if how Sherlock survived, but it's a damn good one.
Saavikam69 chapter 5 . 2/12/2013
Well I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was surprised at the ending. I wanted to know which cop did it.
Schmiezi chapter 5 . 2/11/2013
I love how you caught John's voice. And I'm generally a fan of the idea that John gets it by himself. Keep writing!
azebra117 chapter 5 . 2/11/2013
Amber E Rippingale chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
Just wanted to say how I enjoyed reading this. Keep it up.
Tayrin Roo chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
Well done! I thought it was Sherlock in the last chapter (had to read it twice to make sure g) and I was glad to learn I was correct in this one. I must admit I was sitting on the edge of my seat hoping he wouldn't get caught while in the flat.

As someone else mentioned its nice (interesting?) to see John rely on his military training as he does. In so many ways John doesn't seem like the military type (at least to me) but rather an easy going, guy next door type of fellow. I like how we see him shore himself up more and more using his military training as his situation slowly declines. His judgment may be impaired by his emotional pain, but he is still uses his intelligence. He concludes what he needs most (sleep). He finds a quick (easy?) way to get the drugs he needs to do so. He uses a military percision to lay things out and adminster it. He may be breaking, but it's not a clean one or should I say a complete one?

You go Mrs. Hudson! I love that she tried to toss out the Lestrade, even though I really do like him. So often people gloss over her pain in all this. Yes she is sad that Sherlock is gone but usually they have her as just doing the stiff upper lip thing and getting on with life like it's nothing. It's nice as a reader to see that this is really affecting her. She has lost Sherlock and she just can't handle loosing John as well. Good bit of detail with that.

Thanks again for continuing with this story. I'm awaiting each chapter most eagerly.
azebra117 chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
Overdose? Uh-oh
Guest chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
azebra117 chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
Oooooh, was the visitor Sherlock? It was wasn't it? Really good story! I like how you have John relying on his military stuff to keep him sane. Then again sane might not be the best word, seeing as he looks down the barrell of a gun every morning... to keep him functional.
Tayrin Roo chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Interesting story so far. I like seeing that while John can see that things are not going well and at the same time he comes across as if he is very sane. He doesn't seem to notice how bad he looks, how much weight he has lost, or that looking down the end of a loaded gun is a BAD thing. At the same time he knows that he is not getting enough rest, can't seems to put this behind him, and that things in general are 'a bit not good' as it were.

I also like that even though he is upset with Sherlock and wants to know why the other man did this, he also seems to realize that there is something he is not getting about it all. There is a 'trick' even if he doesn't know exactually what it could be.

Should also admit that I like stories where Mycroft is doing his Mycrost thing. No pressure or anything, but I do like a story where Mycroft actually cares and we (at least the reader) actually see it. The relationship between all three men (Sherlock, Mycroft, and John) is an interesting one but usually we only see it between the two brothers or between Sherlock and John. To see the one betweeen John and Mycroft is always a pleasure.

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see what you do next.
helva2260 chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
I absolutely love that you're writing this. There can't be enough post-Reichenbach Fall fics for me, especially with Mycroft keeping a watchful eye on John. I look forward to seeing where you're taking us with the story!

I have to admit though, that the bit where John confesses to his therapist about staring down the barrel of his gun doesn't quite work for me. Surely medical confidentiality doesn't cover criminal acts that are unrelated to his mental health? And John owning a gun is very illegal, no matter how much the writers avoid a confrontation with any of the police characters on the subject (I've always wondered whether Lestrade assumed that John's gun came from Baskerville, as his must have done...well either there or from Mycroft... but yeah, I'll, um, stop rambling now! Sorry!).
azebra117 chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Ohhhhhh, that's so sad! He's so depressed! Poor John...