Reviews for The Adventures of Little Finn: Boy Hero
blisterkissed chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
It's great how you make Finnick overreact with things like "life imprisonment" and then not understand what he had said to make his mother cry. You're really channeling that little-boy spirit, huh? It's great.
One thing though, is that I can't tell whether this is a dream or not. It seems a bit far-fetched, the Gil Strotworth part, but then you have the part with Granny in it... oh well. If that's what you were going for, then you nailed it!
Stay awesome.
blisterkissed chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
I like how you use the first person point of view for this. It's a bit more intimate than a narrative, and it lets us see his innocence more and understand his thoughts.
"Even now, the very mention of her name has stolen all of my thunder." Oh, how adorable. This line really shows us some of Finnick's character as a younger boy- kind of fiery. It's good to see that he didn't pick that up from the Capitol, but he was like that all along.
I like how you underplay things that would be unimportant to a kid his age, and highlight things that would be incredibly important. Also, giving him a sense of naivety reminds the reader that yes, he is still a kid. (Though he does have a big vocabulary. I'll bet that feeds his pride, huh?)
This is quite adorable, as I already said. Is the old woman Mags?
slopes are a girl's friend chapter 4 . 9/9/2013
I love the CPR scene :D Cute and funny and romantic *sighs happily and clears throat after a while* Sorry about that : ) Anyway, I loved it and thanks for the great read!
attack on titan chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
ahem
allow me to FLAIL AROUND WILDLY AT THIS CUTENESS
i could really picture boy finnick in all his adorable awesomeness this chapter! and for all the other chapters, really, because THIS IS VERYVERY GOOD AND I LOVE THIS WITH ALL MY HEART.
the idea of exploring finnick's childhood is really unique, and i don't think anyone has really thought of it yet, but it's humorous, there's vague references to Sponge Bob, and it's all lighthearted and funny. love it :)
Gamemaker John chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
That's great! I loved the way Finnick is so young is his imaginings.

When he mentioned that boy who died in the Hunger Games...wow. That was great. I love it when characters are so innocent that they don't really understand the Games.

The ending was great. The stories told by the woman were a perfect way to end the chapter. Good job!
Unkwown chapter 6 . 8/31/2013
What an amazin and heartfelt sorry. My most favorite thing in the world. You should be famous
slopes are a girl's friend chapter 2 . 8/31/2013
This is definitely my favorite chapter! I love how you create the dialogue the way a little 8 year-old boy would speak :) Great job!
Chasing Silmarils chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
Finn is so CUUUTE! And how he said he was a Victor... that was creepy. And how he thought the Hunger Games was a TV show or whatever. I guess it is, but... whoa.
The swamp monsters she's faced... and thinking that she's a swamp monster... heehee. That made me laugh for some reason. :) Hilarious.
slopes are a girl's friend chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
Aw! I thought it was cute and funny at the same time! :) Good job in capturing Finnick's personality as a little 8 year-old sea pup :D

Happy writing!
-Kay
Fighting The Inevitable chapter 6 . 8/7/2013
Your story is adorable! It is so crazy how fast Finnick must have matured from when he was 8 and when he became a victor himself. Anyway I am in love with your story! I also like how you ended the story itself and I appreciate the epilogue. It's brilliant how you didn't finish that thought at the end, for am now going to read your story "Inferno".
marblesharp chapter 6 . 6/23/2013
Sad connection with Tyler and Annie being reaped together. :(
Your ending abruptly cuts off. While I know Inferno is another one of your stories, you should consider making the epilogue as standalone as possible. Still, nice way to lead to your next fic!
Anyway, this was really cute and nicely written. :3
marblesharp chapter 5 . 6/23/2013
N'awww, nice wrap up here. It's still curious why his parents kept the Games hidden from him for so long - I always assumed Finnick was training to be a Career and just got reaped early.

And disregard my wondering what age Finnick was - he's still eight. :)

Good work!
marblesharp chapter 4 . 6/23/2013
How old is Finnick here? I figured the timeline of this story jumps with each chapter. If he's still pretty young, that was adorable. If he's older, it's still cute but I think he'd know that he kissing Annie. Maybe he's just so innocent now - and that makes my heart ache, knowing about later on after his Games.
Nice job!
AprilLittle chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Cooper. *smiles*

Cooper, Cooper. *shakes head and laughs*

I would love to live inside your brain; it seems so damn fun and cozy!

This was a really enjoyable start to the story, and I'm quite looking forward to reading about more of Little Finn's antics and adventures!

(Yay, I'm not a Barnacle Butt!)
Obsessivefangirl03 chapter 6 . 5/28/2013
First off, I loved this. I thought you wrote Finnick's character really well for him being of that age. It was the part about how Finnick learned that Mags was the girl from her story that was probably my favorite part. I'm not quite sure what that last line in the epilogue meant, but I think I can figure it out. I haven't actually finished reading the last book yet, but I'm almost done. I've already read the part where Finnick "died." (Airquotes because I am in denial.) So I have a feeling that's kind of what you meant...? Real or not real?... Wow, long review, sorry.