Reviews for When Blue Was Gold
Amazing
Tumbleweed12 chapter 19 . 2/22
Very good
HPowl chapter 19 . 2/15
I swear to GOD if they had revealed merlin's magic like this it would've been the best! This was an amazing fic from start to finish, i can really see it as a 2 part episode for the show and I'm so upset it will never be
i just read this entire thing in one sitting and liked it a LOT
It Is Not Cheaper By The Dozen chapter 19 . 11/21/2020
I'm going to cry. This story has been in my top 3 fanfictions for years, and I was devastated that it was not finished for a good chunk of time. I am so glad that I rechecked this year, because the rest of the tale, and wrap up is beautiful. Thank you so much for finishing it! Well done
Alissyyy chapter 1 . 10/1/2020
OMG I CAME FROM YOUR ONESHOT and you bet I was chanting “HELL YES HELL YES HELL YES”
Scruffles Pup chapter 19 . 7/2/2020
This was an amazing story. As soon as I started, I couldn't bring myself to stop. It was deep, funny and very well written. Definitely one of the best reveal fics for Merlin I have ever read. It even stopped me from getting food for like 4 hours cause I got so hooked, haha. But this was amazing. You captured them both so well. Great job.
Leaf chapter 19 . 6/7/2020
This story was amazing! Very well done, one of the most nicely written stories in fanfic. Great detail and descriptions. I think Arthur's POV is really interesting especially with the good job you did in potraying his character (stupipdy brave, arrogant yet smart, etc). I also think I like having Gwen be the POV for the last chapter. Since you switched between both Merlin and Arthur's perspective a few times, I think having a sort of third party tell the ending was a good idea that really displayed how the two are equals. Congrats on finishing it, I know that it's always harder to finish a story than it is to start one. This really had me pulled into it and I could not stop reading it.
Audoo chapter 19 . 4/25/2020
I’m so glad you finished this! Looking forward to reading more from you :)
Acesmol chapter 19 . 12/8/2019
I love this story! I just read it all the way through, so I'm really glad you finished it! It was so enthralling I couldn't put it down. The way you wove the story through Arthur's and then Merlin's perspective was so fascinating. It's such a perfect setup that I felt creeped out when Merlin first showed up at the gates with the rest of the sorcerers. I felt like I was with Arthur every step of the way. And the whole thing with the sorcerers gathering like zombies to give their lives to Merlin was so creepy as well! And I love the way Arthur and Merlin still bickered whenever they spoke, as if nothing was wrong. Arthur is especially funny with his concussion lol.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/1/2019
I am thoroughly annoyed. The plot is not going anywhere and the soceress lady is just repeating the name Emerys again and again.
broken5pieces chapter 10 . 11/1/2019
"What coin?" asked Arthur.

The sorceress didn't interrupt, so Merlin answered with a sigh. "Us."

"What's an Us coin?"

"No, we're the coin. Two different sides of the same coin."

"We're not a coin, Merlin."

"Arthur, it's a metapho—"

"We're not even from the same kingdom, Merlin. If we were coins, we'd be different currencies," said Arthur crossly, a whistle in his voice again. "And why would you even be on a coin? You're not a king."

I just about died laughing
Basil Allegri chapter 8 . 10/22/2019
I laughed out loud at the last line. Arthur’s the best.
grimmjow6espada chapter 19 . 10/8/2019
Thank you for this amazing story, I especially like the ending, living room for a sequel but not quite a cliffhanger. It's satisfying.
mersan123 chapter 19 . 9/25/2019
Wow MoonMargaret. What a wonderful, wonderful story. I will admit I did wait to see if this would be finished before I read it. It always saddens me to get emotionally involved in a story that is not completed.
So thank you from the bottom of my heart for finishing!
The scenes of magic from Emrys where nothing short of brilliant. I too get peed off by the usually 'tossing around' that is so popular. This is Emrys for heavens sake. Supposably about to move mountains etc. Fantastic to see some real magic!
Arthurs POV was the icing on the cake. You had me cracking up many times with his thoughts. Brilliant.
All in all, a story I will be happy to come back to and read again.
Thank you MoonMargaret.