Reviews for When Blue Was Gold
Guest chapter 1 . 14h
Holy mother of Zeus...

This is just so intense and I don't usualy review until the last chapter... but wow. And there's still 18 more chapters of this? It's 10:00 and I won't be finishing this tonight and I can't stand knowing that... This is literally so awesome you don't even know. Merlin is a BAMF and Arthur's just tryna keep his head about this and Holy mother of Zeus...
Wonky Wendy chapter 19 . 9/13
This was such an smazing story, thank you so much!
Kindred souls. Beautiful ending.
I agree about the lack of creativity in stories that have sorcerers fight by blasting each other infinitum.
Amazing!
angelfire123 chapter 19 . 9/13
congratulations! It was a fitting end (feels even better than the show in some aspects). Still, I think I will always wish for more. Oh well loved it ️
Gingeraffealene chapter 19 . 9/13
I thoroughly enjoyed your wrap up. You stuffed so many great thoughts into the first few paragraphs. It gave me lots of points to ponder. Thanks so much! This is a great story done well.
Shiranai Atsune chapter 19 . 9/13
Final chapter! Oooohhh! I enjoyed reading this very much!

After so many years... I'm sooo going to miss this! I love it!

I can't wait
ebonypol chapter 19 . 9/13
Thank youuu sooo much for finishing this after all these years! What a great read, your such an awesome writer :D
Vena Renalis chapter 19 . 9/13
Guinevere did work! In a way it tied nicely back to the beginning of the story when she had to flee.

Also really liked the last part, specifically the line "who had the strangest things in common" (I don't know why, it just struck me haha)

Thanks for this story!
Peacebunnie chapter 19 . 9/13
I love it! A beautiful ending!
oma13 chapter 19 . 9/13
What a great ending, love it, but I am so going to miss this story. So glad you finished it! It was great to see Merlin approach so confidently and on equal footing. I'm so glad you didn't have Merlin come groveling back.
Everyone, by now, should know that Merlin is a very powerful man, and not just physically/magically, but also in his relationship to his king; his humble confidence and obvious loyalty and friendship plays a part in their trust as well. So I, at least, got the impression that the people weren't stopping Merlin so much from fear of him or even what he was capable of doing, but more of awe and maybe even respect for all he has done and the allegiance and true-heartedness he shows to Arthur and Camelot.
I would love to know what Merlin has been up to during his weeks away and what became of Legion, but, that 'Arthur embrace' with Merlin more than makes up for having to use my imagination! Thanks for finishing this!
PeekingSunshine chapter 19 . 9/13
Tbh I feel like this was one of the most realistic Arthur reactions and it makes me so happy. And I liked the (concern? I think it was concern) that Merlin had when he asked Arthur if he changed the law just for him.

AND I like that Gwen changed too! It reflects kind of what they did in the show (though, I think the show gave slightly a less reason for it). Gwen seemed a bit more reserved in season five; very queenly. I liked that you made it because of her realisation that Arthur was not her only concern anymore.

All in all, a wonderful story. Thank you so much for finishing it!
Molly712 chapter 19 . 9/13
Wow! I loved that ending. Merlin coming back ready to act as Arthur's equal - I'd love to know what he did for all those weeks. I'm so glad you finished this! Hope you get inspiration for more - I'll be keeping an eye out for any new In Media Res one shots/expansions
Peacebunnie chapter 18 . 9/11