Reviews for Free Spirit
MeAzrael chapter 15 . 4/20/2013
"The sun, the moon, the stars; they could all look down and weep …

There was a brighter light in the sky now.

And it rode the west wind."

Ahh, that made me shiver. What a wonderful and comforting end, hon! And I was so happy when I learned that it's still Leylaani - in a new form, but still her, and that she found the life she was looking for - I guess that's the only thing that would comfort Dean and make him feel at peace.

"Wanderlust"? Really? I'm always baffled what kind of German words you can find in the english language. Must have floated over to the isle long ago, it's more a term of the romantic poets. Sweet!

I'm clapping my hands here - the perfect story to celebrate springtime - I'm going to hang my nose in the wind and search for that special scent, thinking of Leylaani and Dean :D

MeAzrael chapter 14 . 4/20/2013
Oh God, go and smash my heart against a tree :-( This is sooo sad, and really mysterious. Not a bit Leylaani inside anymore? Sniff! For Dean it's got to be as if she died a second time. Loved Bobby and Sam playing their roles - it's so good to have them back him up.

"He inhaled deeply, trying to locate a trace, just the merest hint, of Leylaani's essence; her sweetly fragrant perfume, the warm, soothing taste of her clean, soft skin, her apple-flavoured lipgloss.

Instead he found the taste of cool summer rain, the scent of sweet meadow grass; and fresh, clean air. It was pure and clean and beautiful … and inhuman.

And it was at that moment that he realised his Leylaani was gone forever."

See? That's where my heart broke - but it's beautiful!

DeansBabyBird chapter 15 . 4/18/2013
Hey Diz.

It's a lovely, fitting ending, wistful but ultimately hopeful.

You are partially forgiven...partially...

B x
1983Sarah chapter 15 . 4/18/2013
Oh my, of all that is good and holy, that was the most heartbreaking, touching, amazing, sad, wonderful, perfect ending. I did NOT see that coming, but I loved it, it kept her alive and transitioned her on and was just indescribable. I think that it just captured the right amount of angst, living without her, and hope, because she doesn't die, not really. Thank you for an amazing story!
masondixon chapter 15 . 4/17/2013
Beautiful but so sad. Dean had been so happy when he first met Leylaani in Hawaii and had his first real vacation. And you could feel his euphoria when she returned to him here.

And you could feel his grief and his pain and his loss as she left him forever.

Very beautifully writtten and your words really did paint such a beautiful landscape throughout. I just wish the story had had a brighter ending.

Thank You.
Sue Pokorny chapter 15 . 4/17/2013
Awww. Well, I suppose if you had to kill her, that was a beautiful way to do it. Mesmerizing as always. :)

Sue
SPN Mum chapter 15 . 4/17/2013
Awww. Leylaani was made into a sylph too. That's wonderful for her, cause she'll have a great existance now, but Dean has lost the woman he loved, and Sam and Dean have lost the friend they loved. I guess it's better than being dead, but I wish she could have been saved like Dean was. *cries tears for the Winchester boys and Bobby*
emebalia chapter 15 . 4/17/2013
Jep, broke my heart. And I had to blink away the tears. Are you satisfied now?
Did I mention that I sometimes hate being right?
SPN Mum chapter 14 . 4/16/2013
Awww, I'm so sorry Leylaani really is gone. :( I was hoping the sylph was just hitching a ride, and Leylaani in there with it. It figures that Dean would find someone he meshed with so well, only to lose her. The Winchester boys sure don't have good luck when it comes to women, do they? I guess the sylph needs their help to get home.
masondixon chapter 14 . 4/15/2013
Sad...and yet beautiful at the same time. Your descriptive writing paints such a clear picture. And once again it is nice to "see" Dean's emotions here.
I look forward to the next chapter.
Thank You.
emebalia chapter 14 . 4/15/2013
Sometimes I hate being right.
1983Sarah chapter 14 . 4/15/2013
I knew it wasn't her, yet to see Dean accept that, so heartbreaking.
DeansBabyBird chapter 14 . 4/15/2013
I'm sad she's gone, sad for Dean
B x
MeAzrael chapter 13 . 4/14/2013
It's a miracle, and since it's dealing with the Winchesters it's got an upside and a downside - but whatever is going to happen, I'm glad they have a chance to say farewell. To see our tough hunters stand around that beautiful woman with tears in their eyes - that was hard. So I'm happily looking forward to some comfort coming from your next chapter.

MeAzrael chapter 11 . 4/14/2013
Oh noooo :-( I mean, I'm grateful that Sam with his huge non-smoker-lungs and his soft bear paws was able to get his brother back to life, I really am! But Dean will never forgive himself for not having been able to save his love... And it'll be hard on Sam that he had to kill that SOB.

Well, there's one hope left - thinking of your first chapter I guess that something IS coming to help, in the only way it can...