Reviews for Closer Now and Further Still
Singedbylife chapter 1 . 1/4
Look, this is hands down one of the best one-shots I have ever read. It's actually more than "just" Spuffel, isn't it? I mean, it's just completely cannon and Buffy and Spike feel and act so real. And the way you have with words and creating the images and feelings is just magnificent. Great job! I could see them act like this and I hope Angel will return and the three of them could get the polyamorous relationship Harmony speaks of in the comics season 10. Finally!
gello5440 chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Strange kind of peace found here. Where does it go from here?
ObsessedwReading chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
I love this.
sleepling chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Really liked this - just lovely. It was one of those stories you get wrapped up in, and experience a bittersweet pang when there's no "Next" button at the bottom. Very well written. How did you manage to make Angel a three-dimensional character when he couldn't so much as blink? Some sort of magic afoot here. I'm definitely headed off to read more of your fic.
spuffy luvr chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I just read a Spuffel by Coalitiongirl, and I was in the mood for more, so I headed over here. And lo and behold, one I hadn't read yet! Yay!

First. What a pleasure to read. As always. You have a way with words.

Second. Aha! So this is why you know all the times it rained on both shows. :) Very good, I love the mention of it, and Buffy's reaction

Third. Love that the first thing Buffy notices about Angel is his lack of hair gel. Love her musings on getting to know him fully. And I absolutely love this line: "No longer is he a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a long coat."

Fourth. The slow build is great, although, you know what's coming next. Why isn't there more? :)

Fifth. What you mentioned over on LJ. About Buffy and Angel and her feelings for him. From this, I'd say you have a handle on it. I felt no twinges of disbelief.

The only thing that threw me was Spike's mention of Connor and Buffy's lack of reaction when Spike says Connor was his kid. I never got the feeling Buffy knew... at least at that point. Although I seem to remember something different being said during S8...

Also, the nod to Satsu was great. And S8 in general.

Write faster, dammit. Faster, longer, more! :)