Reviews for Closer Now and Further Still
flootzavut chapter 1 . 6/15
I don't know if you keep track on A03 anymore, so cp-ing this here, too.

"And at nights, that was when she saved him. Every night. Every night she saved him."

... nope :'(

"She is unsurprised to hear herself say this, because when Spike gets like this, when he starts talking in this way, without the attitude or the swagger or the sarcasm, when he is raw and deep and honest, he is rarely not right."

"The realisation that she has her confidante back, that Spike has really, truly been returned to her, makes her feel lighter even in her fatigue."

"Looking for you, pet," he corrects.

Spike blinks at her, perplexed at the questioning. "Well, we love you," he says, trying to sort through her confusion even as he answers. "You're our girl, you know?" One of his hands s comes to rest on Angel's shoulder, the one holding the cup skims the water. "We love you, Buffy."

"He sounds so earnest, and just the smallest bit broken, that all her upset seems to be slipping away from her in moments."

"Spike's smile loses its amusement and instead becomes one of surprise and flattery and love and pleasure and a whole bunch of other things that go into the looks he gives her. She thinks about the time he crouched before her in a strange bedroom and brought her to tears and the time he gazed up at her from the bottom of the stairs and she tried to hide her hands and the time she cut away the ropes binding him and he had to grab her shoulder to be sure she was real."

This was beautiful, the whole thing.
Singedbylife chapter 1 . 1/4/2015
Look, this is hands down one of the best one-shots I have ever read. It's actually more than "just" Spuffel, isn't it? I mean, it's just completely cannon and Buffy and Spike feel and act so real. And the way you have with words and creating the images and feelings is just magnificent. Great job! I could see them act like this and I hope Angel will return and the three of them could get the polyamorous relationship Harmony speaks of in the comics season 10. Finally!
gello5440 chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Strange kind of peace found here. Where does it go from here?
ObsessedwReading chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
I love this.
sleepling chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Really liked this - just lovely. It was one of those stories you get wrapped up in, and experience a bittersweet pang when there's no "Next" button at the bottom. Very well written. How did you manage to make Angel a three-dimensional character when he couldn't so much as blink? Some sort of magic afoot here. I'm definitely headed off to read more of your fic.
Baphrosia chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I just read a Spuffel by Coalitiongirl, and I was in the mood for more, so I headed over here. And lo and behold, one I hadn't read yet! Yay!

First. What a pleasure to read. As always. You have a way with words.

Second. Aha! So this is why you know all the times it rained on both shows. :) Very good, I love the mention of it, and Buffy's reaction

Third. Love that the first thing Buffy notices about Angel is his lack of hair gel. Love her musings on getting to know him fully. And I absolutely love this line: "No longer is he a mystery wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a long coat."

Fourth. The slow build is great, although, you know what's coming next. Why isn't there more? :)

Fifth. What you mentioned over on LJ. About Buffy and Angel and her feelings for him. From this, I'd say you have a handle on it. I felt no twinges of disbelief.

The only thing that threw me was Spike's mention of Connor and Buffy's lack of reaction when Spike says Connor was his kid. I never got the feeling Buffy knew... at least at that point. Although I seem to remember something different being said during S8...

Also, the nod to Satsu was great. And S8 in general.

Write faster, dammit. Faster, longer, more! :)