Reviews for With Half So Good a Will
avearia chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
For the record, I haven't read the prequel (yet) and I still was able to follow along with this story fairly well. Although I highly suspect that reading the other two pieces would and will add more to this installment, it still does stand on its own pretty well!

Well done fill, by the way. I found this through the kinkmeme and while I was expecting Bunny to die and Pitch to be the one watching Jack's transformation, it works just as well the other way around. This is very well written. You actually almost convinced me that Jack was going to kill himself there, for a moment. I was just as surprised as the Guardians when he showed up at North's. That's good writing.

It did sorta feel like Jack turned himself around a bit quickly, though - he's been inactive for a decade, I was expecting him to at least have some self doubts on whether or not he could pick himself up, or let go. But maybe it's just me. You did show how much the past ten years changed the group of Guardians, with Tooth's stutter and Sandy's nightmare sand and all the other little details you included, so obviously they've gone through a lot. And it's nice to see a happier and optimistic ending.

So all in all, beautiful job with this fic, I hope I find the time to give a look at those two prequels you mentioned. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you write more in the future!
Avearia
GreatDarkNoodleKing chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
ALL THE FEELSSSSSSSSSS *cries forever and ever and ever*
BoredomIsAnUnderstatement chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
*holds back the tears* Oh god, after all that sadness, this is the perfect ending. I was more than a little shocked at what Jaime said, but I guess that was just the kick in the ass Jack needed. I really liked how you conveyed all of their pain - it's such a way to grow and you built it up so perfectly. I don't really know what to say, except thank you for writing these.
Kaito Dark chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Thank You for telling me there was a sequel. Ending is more optimistic, but I still want more) Somehow I feel as though this story was rushed - it isn't as descriptive as Thou Bleeding Piece of Earth. Or maybe it's just me, cause I've exam on friday... All in all, it's good as sequel - cause Thou Bleeding Piece of Earth left me feeling, like, hopeless, and now - I feel as if though everything will be good again. Will You maybe write another sequel? The one where Pitch will be reborn as human? Like, Jack meets teenage Pitch, who doesn't remember him, doesn't even believe in him, maybe Pitch can even have his some of his natural abilities intact - like, one look on anyone and he can tell what that person is afraid of. The relationship between him and Jack slowly developes, cause Pitch doesn't remember him - but he falls in love again... Then he dies, becomes a spirit again - and makes up with guardians. Happy slash for all)))