Reviews for Alpha and Omega
Mazuku Torai'nu chapter 23 . 4/12
Wow, meme overload?
Mazuku Torai'nu chapter 15 . 4/12
Creepy stalker AI mom is awesome.
Mazuku Torai'nu chapter 14 . 4/12
Badass Shinji and an AI stalker mom? Awesome.
Mazuku Torai'nu chapter 11 . 4/12
Fuck yeah, Ikari Shinji, TOTAL BADASS
Rexnos chapter 26 . 4/2
Overall I have rather mixed feelings about this story. Your writing is undeniably solid and your plot is quite interesting. It's really your characters I can't be certain about. While they do have interesting capabilities and backgrounds, I'm not very fond of their emotional conflicts and relationships. I take issue with the fact that Shinji seems capable of solving everyone's mental problems through good conversation and healing sex. Perhaps that's me not giving Asari mind-linking enough credit, but if that's the case, it still feels like cheating.

I'm also not really a fan of Shinji and Aria's relationship. Frankly, Aria seems too nice. Sure, you went out of your way to show that Aria's cold-blooded killer side is still evident, but she's practically lovey-dovey around Shinji. I could see mind-blowing sex and even appreciated companionship, but direct words of endearment and even marriage? That's pushing it.

Still, not half bad overall. My criticism aside, I'm finding your plot and writing to be very good. I imagine most of my complaints stem from the fact I prefer more realistic stories and this story is leaning much closer to idyllic. To each his or her own.

Later,
Rex
Okiro Zangetsu chapter 26 . 3/12
Twas one great read.
n0mster chapter 26 . 3/6
Definitely enjoyed the first book of your series, the plot developments were riveting and well-developed, and I certainly enjoyed your rendition of Shinji, it had all the nuances of his character while gradually minimizing his...well...tendency to break down. To see Shinji continue to be his sensitive self while gaining the strength to stick to his convictions and the backbone to stand up for himself was really satisfying.

Aria and Shinji's romantic relationship was also a definite joy to observe, their opposite but complementary natures was nicely interpreted and it came a little as a surprise how believable it was. I admit that I was a little disappointed that Shinji doesn't appear to be romantically attached to any of his liaisons as 'consort', Aria's earlier off-hand comments had raised my hopes that Shinji would gain something that surpassed his original world's numerous romantic entanglements that never went anywhere. Still, it's still interesting to see Shinji fitting into his newfound role and have him so obviously revel (as much as Shinji does anyway) in his current life.

The portrayal of AT-fields earlier was fantastic, and your pacing of revelations kept me enthralled throughout, as your 'main villains' slowly revealed their hand, but having them so quickly render Shinji's AT-fields useless near the end did feel a little like a cope out. I understand if you wanted the fights to be more dramatic (or at least this is what I thought you intended it for), but having the main ability of Angels so easily circumvented (even if the Leviathans did infiltrate Shinji's mind earlier) was a blow to my enjoyment. While it wasn't like I necessarily wanted to see a smackdown, but I was hoping for something suitably dramatic with some crazy applications of AT-fields on a gargantuan level against the most powerful biotics ever.

The hurling of Shinji into another universe at the last moment did feel a little random, but fortunately it didn't surpass my suspension of disbelief even if it did push me out of reader immersion a little.

Anyway, overall, this was definitely one of the best Evangelion fanfics I've read and certainly its best crossover with the ME universe. Certainly looking forward to reading your next book and I hope that it's as entertaining as this one.
n0mster chapter 1 . 3/4
An intriguing start, your style of writing is fluid and entertaining, and so far what little that can be seen of your premise has a lot of potential. Definitely one of the more unique Evangelion crossovers and one that's off to a great start. Hopefully, the rest of your fic continues to be as enjoyable.
Indecisive Bob chapter 26 . 3/3
This was an amazing story! I enjoyed it immensely, and considering that I've never watched or read any Evangelion material before, I'm pretty surprised. Usually, when there are characters in a story that I just don't know, it's hard for me to understand them completely. You took the time to fully develop and explain Shinji within the context of the ME universe, so I thank you for that. Again, excellent job!
Blackholelord chapter 26 . 2/17
Well this is a nice crossover.
BloodBanker69 chapter 3 . 1/29
It's funny to see Aria so unhinged, I'm liking her in this so far. Yui finally kicked the bucket and gives a shout out to Gendo. At least since nothing is properly explained in Evangelion you have a lot of leeway to do whatever you feel like. So is Shinji like an Angel now or what? Yui mentioned Adam and Lilith and his entrance was announced with a giant cross. The answers are hopefully in the next chapter.
BloodBanker69 chapter 2 . 1/29
So Shepard is dead at this point right? Meanwhile Shinji is trying to discover the meaning of life and somehow manages to contact Aria. Well it had to happen somehow I guess. I liked it, gonna read on to see where it goes.
BloodBanker69 chapter 1 . 1/29
This is so incredibly random that I can't help but want to read on and see what happens. I love Mass Effect and I like Evangelion but I never would've thought of anything like this. Really interested to see where this is going.
TheMysticalFett chapter 26 . 1/27
NOOOOOOO! Curse you author and the evil cliffie from hell! It's too good of a story to just do this to your readers darn it!
AnAncientBard chapter 27 . 1/24