Reviews for I, Alone
HallowHandses chapter 21 . 2/20
God, please finish this. It's such a good story, and I personally love it.
nickp41 chapter 21 . 2/19
Great story,shame about the lack of an ending
ThunderSphinx chapter 21 . 2/19
Why no update? And what's that asshole Flint and his boys up too?
ThunderSphinx chapter 16 . 2/19
I like how the Gryffindors saved Harry while his Slytherin teammates only cared about the game lol
ThunderSphinx chapter 15 . 2/19
Harry is an idiot. Why do all that? Just levitate the damn club and drop it on the trolls head.
ThunderSphinx chapter 14 . 2/19
I don't like that u made Gryffindor the bad guys :(
ThunderSphinx chapter 1 . 2/19
Considering Harry has been abused so much, why the hell would he want to go into Slytherin, the House of Bullies?
Pat chapter 21 . 1/30
I've been enjoying this story very much. It's pretty amazing that you've used 260 K, and 21 chapters, just to take the story barely past Harry's first Christmas at Hogwarts! I can't imagine how you'll get it to June!

Assuming, of course, that you ever come back to it... when I enjoy a story, I bookmark it, and check back in a few years to see if there's been any additions.

You sure do have a lot of loose ends - which may not all get tied up during Year 1; but still there are a lot of them:
*you already offed Tom Riddle this year, so what happens for the rest of the year?
*crazy little Astoria
*messed-up Theo Nott
*marriage-contract-obsessed Draco
*Blaise's scheming mother
*a pack of pond-scum Gryffindors, particularly Ron (will McGonagall be able/willing to do anything about them?)
*Snape's relationship with Harry
*a murderous Slytherin Quidditch team (will Snape be able/willing to do anything about them?)
*Sinistra's and Flitwick's relationships with Harry
*will Harry and Neville become better friends?
*Hermione's apparent new crush
*what happens to the other girls/who will Harry pair with later?
*Harry's accidental magic - perhaps the ash-creating power is psychological and guilt-induced?
*is Harry a horcrux in your world?
*what will happen come summer - the Dursleys, or something else?
*what about the mermaid Rin? (that interlude made no sense, other than a way for Harry not to drown)
*what about the giant squid? (that interlude was fun)

Best wishes!
Pat chapter 9 . 1/30
I'm sorry to read of the loss of your father. The title of this chapter, "Beneath The Stars Above", seems apt - we who are left behind, are still beneath the stars above - and perhaps our lost loved ones are soaring above us, amidst those stars.
Lady Valkyra chapter 15 . 1/26
vr
Phillies2 chapter 17 . 1/18
I can't believe they tried to kill him, I mean people would care if he died. I was confused for a while in how he was saved too, but I am just gonna rule with that he was saved.
Phillies2 chapter 16 . 1/18
I don't know about the score of the game since in cannon Harry caught the snitch when Slytherin was leading, but I will always enjoy reading Quidditch in fics. I just think Slytherin would have killed them and if Harry reads books as fast as stated I'm surprised he didn't know what he did was against the rules. Hope he doesn't drown
Phillies2 chapter 15 . 1/18
I hope Daphne and Tracy go to McGonagall and are like,"Get your Houses shit together." I know Harry and Hermione won't so I hope those to will make a teacher jump into action
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 2 . 1/15
Interesting start. Unlike most others, in my review I will stick to a small technical detail which is still kind of important.

I see you like doing flashbacks, since we have seen three of them so far. They are not exactly redundant, but if there is a way around them your narrative could only be better. The first two — Daphne's and Hermione's — could have been easily avoided by just going linear all the way. Now, about Harry's (and mind you, this is personal taste of course) I think that you initially had the right idea yourself, since you said in your AN that you did not intend to add it. Why not let the reader imagine himself how he got there. If needed, you could just make a very short mention of having met the twins and having run from their fanboyism. In this third scenario I can safely say 'redundant' .

All this is nit-picking really. But I was quite impressed, especially by your first chapter, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on this. It has to do mostly with writing style therefore many people might not agree, but I like the general unwritten rule that says 'only use a flashback if there is really, really (yes really) no way to avoid it' .
Cztelnik chapter 21 . 1/1
Dismal indeed is Harry's life. It is worse because for a short time he had hope and experienced friendship but now he's alone with no prospect of future companionship that he was accustomed too. I suspect unless he learns soon he is needed to kill Voldemort that he'll attempt suicide unless he's made to believe there's hope for camaraderie once again. This is the boy that valued friendship high above damage to his broom, and apparent disrespect to the benefactor of the second nicest gift he can recall getting.