Reviews for I, Alone
Lerris chapter 20 . 9h ago
This continues to be very good, though I would hope Harry could find a way to be assured he was not a danger to his friends by some path...
anotherboarduser chapter 20 . 2/27
nice chapter
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 20 . 2/26
So, we're finally getting to the meat of the reason for your title, eh? Quite an ugly little turn about from the reasoning for Quirrel's disintegration put forth by JKR. Hmmm! But is it only his direct touch with his hands? It can't be ANY touch, otherwise his clothes would 'burn' up, too. So, if his clothes have been spelled to not react to this sudden 'power', so could a pair of gloves to prevent him accidentally disintegrating other students and if it is only his hands then the same thing!
It's your story (and a nifty one it is, too!), but I believe that magical causation has been explained as mostly 'will' and 'belief'; therefore, this turn is a little bizarre...
I truly look forward to YOUR explanation of this effect!
Thanks until next time!
MelJ
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 19 . 2/26
Very good and very *pleased*; what with your disposal of the Sorcerer's Stone mystery so early on and without all the flummery and tom-foolery that JKR dragged us through! Most excellent! With that, I'm quite diffident to state my only 2 quibbles about your tale, so far...but...
I REALLY don't like dumbledick! I mean really, really. Never have, never will! The manipulative old bastard (supposedly the 'strongest' wizard after MoldyShorts!) used a *CHILD* to defeat the DL, but never wanted to *TRAIN* said child! He's all *false* regrets, but determined to send an abused little boy right back into HELL! B.S.! You even have him having convinced Severus that it's still the right place for him! Again, I call bullshit! (Sorry, sorry. I love you. Please don't be mad?)
Severus is another JKR maltreated character, whom I never fail to love seeing INFORMED, redeemed, and uplifted. So more of that, please?
Looking forward to more!
MelJ
lightskiller chapter 20 . 2/26
I am curious as to what is happening
god of all chapter 20 . 2/26
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story...
JittottiJ chapter 20 . 2/26
Yay, an update! It just keeps getting the more and more interesting!

Hope you update soon!
MikerG chapter 20 . 2/26
Poor Harry is really beating himself up. I hope the his three witches break through his thick skull. He must learn that he needs his friends. He is much stronger with them that without.

Thanks for the update!
GBTtown chapter 20 . 2/26
Totally awesome and unexpected turn of events!
Starfox5 chapter 20 . 2/26
Now that's a tragic chapter. Hopefully, they (or Hermione) will find a solution soon to that problem.
mwinter1 chapter 20 . 2/25
Awaiting more. So how is his cloak and other things that he's grabbing not ending up as Ash like to stone of the castle.
AdonCa chapter 20 . 2/25
*bangs head against the wall*

Okay, Harry has major issues, that is clear. But it often feels like it's one step forward, two steps back. Progress that had been slowly made all undone, it just seems to be dragging things out because there just isn't enough angst in the world.

Apologies for the harshness, but this is getting rather frustrating to read.
obliviandragon chapter 20 . 2/25
Oh yeah just what I was waiting for! Keep them coming my man!
D. Page Robin chapter 4 . 2/19
This chapter may have been hard to write, but it is wonderful to read.

You captured Harry's anguish totally and his fears. Hopefully, Dumbledore will talk to Irma and make sure she doesn't come down on Harry about this-that would be terrible for him.

Also, I hope that Daphne, Blaise and Hermione don't take no for an answer and remain near him.

IMHO, you've drawn Hermione perfectly. Well done. I've still got a lot of catching up one this story, but I like this as well as 'Angels in Australia' and for many of the same reasons.

D. Page Robin
D. Page Robin chapter 3 . 2/19
I like your story so far. I think Harry as here is truthfully portrayed. Dumbledore's blindness is fully canonical and is one reason there are so many 'Dumbledore as Dark Lord' stories out there.

You've made it clear that Harry, Hermione, Daphne and Tracy will be together in some combination. I hope they, along with Blaise and Neville hopefully, will help him start to heal.

Ron's reaction of course is pure canon. I doubt they should ever become friends.

D. Page Robin