Reviews for To The Edge And Back
jasmayyyne chapter 15 . 9/13
Lol that part when Daryl was over hearing their conversation :)
jasmayyyne chapter 14 . 9/13
Carol's confusing the crap out of me
Liberty Sue chapter 42 . 7/14
I'm so sad you've abandoned this fic! I just devoured it in 1 day! It is so good! I love the idea of taking the whole show in a different direction. I don't even mind that it turned into a baby! Fic. I wish you'd continue. Maybe one day? Lol. Best wishes!
shanik chapter 42 . 5/9
Hello! I just finished reading this story of yours and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it! I know it's been a long time and you'll probably not want to get back to it. I just seems like you were so close to the end. The group found a new place. Everyone is reunited but Patricia. You could wrap the whole thing up in just a couple chapters. I don't think it's necessary to follow through with every detail of the pregnancy. I think leaving it to the imagination is fine. I don't mean to pester you though. The story was fantastic and so well-written. (I think I saw only one typo in all 150K words! Amazing!) I'm going to go read some of your other works now. Maybe you've covered some of the same ground and that will satisfy my curiosity. Thank you for all your hard work!
Avide chapter 26 . 3/16
I love the line "He was an expert on being broken - he just didn't have a clue how to mend" (ch. 26).
UA chapter 42 . 2/4

Now that I've whipped through all the existing chapters on this fic, I just want to say...I love this story.

It has a little bit of everything.

Humor, angst, love, some of my favorite TWD characters still alive and kicking (lol)...

Seriously, I read this story in a day and a half (normally, it wouldn't have taken that long, but RL, unfortunately intrudes sometimes), and there hasn't been a single chapter that hasn't at the very least entertained me.

You've even managed to make characters I've had little use for interesting and tolerable.

I mean, seriously. During my pre-Christmas binge of all the existing seasons of TWD on Blu-Ray and my subsequent marathon of this latest season's episodes, I'd formed my opinions of some characters pretty quickly.

Before his time was up on the show, Shane had turned into an insufferable, psychotic SOB for me. ;) Beth was just...there. Merle was gone too soon. Andrea wised up a little too late. And so forth and so on.

Rick, I found to be a good man caught in a hellishly horrific situation. Lori, I found conflicted but not evil, and maybe my perspective is different, considering the way in which I came to view the show, but I honestly feel this fandom's apparent revulsion for the character borders on the extreme. Carl, well he's an annoying little shit, but it's the Zombie apocalypse, so I try to give the kid the benefit of a doubt. So, you could say I'm a fan of the family Grimes. Baby Judith's birth ripped my newly annointed fangirl heart out.

But...but. Something strange happened as I devoured each and every new episode and my new fandom obsession grew.

I may have started out on the Grimes' train (and I still am to some extent), but I soon found a new love.

Carol and Daryl crept up on me with their awkward loveliness, and if Daryl's determined search for Sophia hadn't already made me sit up and watch their interactions more closely, their teasing (almost) ease with each other in season 3 won me completely over. I adore them. They're now my babies. And while season 4 was tough, maybe I didn't feel the brunt of the disappointment as much because I mainlined the episodes so quickly. The build up of angst and resentment for TPTB's choices didn't last as long for me. Hell. I'm just happy to have Carol still on the show, after falling in love and total enthrallment with her character's journey. I'm in it for the long haul of Daryl's journey too.

All this is to say, I guess, that I love the show, Caryl in particular, and fanfiction that they play a major part in, specifically well-written fanfiction, is my other new obsession.

And your fanfiction I find to be very well-thought out and well-written.

I love your style.

I could have just said that in the first place instead of writing you a book, huh?

I hope you come back to this story someday, because the love that just keeps building between Carol and Daryl in it is something to behold, your Merle has wiggled his way into my heart, I'm happy you're not painting Lori with the hateful harpy brush, the friendships between the women are refreshing, and I want to read what new twist you come up with next.

Hope to read more soon.

P.S. I haven't found anything yet by you that I don't enjoy, so this story and you are going on my favorites list.
tashriia chapter 42 . 1/13
Please don't leave us here! I love Merle's character development and can't wait to see what happens with the rest of the group. Please tell me you will be updating soon!
OwenHarpersGirl chapter 42 . 11/23/2014
I absolutely love this story! It's so amazing and I can't wait to read what happens next! :D
MagickalEveningStar1 chapter 42 . 11/13/2014
I hope you are going to update... I like it.
Jhill88 chapter 42 . 9/1/2014
I soooooo knew I read this before and I was looking for it and couldn't remember the title to save my life I'm so happy to find it even though its not completely finished because it's one of my favorites.
Liddym2113 chapter 42 . 8/17/2014
So, I started reading this on NL yesterday and when I got to the last chapter there I hopped over here to see if there was more. I read until 6:00am my time, slept about 5 hours, then finished it and now I'm hoping you update this soon, because I love this story! I love this incarnation of Daryl, and of Merle. I like how you touch on each member of the group, visiting different points of view. I'm highly curious as to who has Patricia. I hope we don't see any of the governor any more. The tension and dread/doom/foreboding feeling I got in these last couple of chapters was impressive. It was like watching a scary movie, just waiting for the terrible thing you know is going to happen, to actually happen. Can't wait for more!
Padgeant chapter 42 . 8/8/2014
Was just checking in to see if there was anymore story.
sjstew27 chapter 42 . 7/10/2014
I saw this work on Nine Lives, and was compelled to jump over here where I could read more :) (I am severely lacking in patience.) I am enjoying this immensely, and I so hope you're planning to continue with this work! Please tell me all of us faithful readers will see more?!
deniselynne1966 chapter 42 . 5/30/2014
Please continue...I've read 42 chapters in 2 days,.,,need more!
deniselynne1966 chapter 39 . 5/30/2014
That was one of the most beautiful, hot scenes I've ever read...