Reviews for Eye of the Storm
SilverZero0 chapter 1 . 3/7
This is a good story. It feels like I'm in the story myself. Keep up the good work. And please remember to take care of yourself. It's not always easy, but remember you matter and there are people who care about you and who are in your corner cheering you on. I'll be in your corner and continue reading your work. )
BlissfulNightRain chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
So I faved this a couple of days ago and realized I didnt leave you a review! Which was very assholeish of me. But, the fact that I actually remembered to come back and review definitely speaks volumes to how much I really enjoyed this one-shot

I'll put it out there: I am totally biased to SoKai, they are my ultimate OTP, so I was definitely intrigued to see a really long one-shot about the two of them. I was a little nervous to see your warnings, not because I don't enjoy (well, enjoy might not be the right word...appreciate?) this kind of material, but because a lot of authors run with it and make up for a lot of unnecessary angst which can really make these kinds of fics a miss. But yours? A total hit.

Kairi doesn't get a whole lot of development throughout the series (I really hope that changes with the launch of KH3), but one thing that you do kind of notice between KH1 and 2 is that Kairi seems to become a little more reserved between the two; I, too, really like the vulnerable side of her that many people seem to overlook or neglect to portray as a possibility, but this? I loved it. You really humanized her and made her extremely vulnerable, which I think could be a very accurate portrayal of that step she takes back when Sora and Riku aren't there-her "rocks" aren't there to prop her up, and whatever they're up to, she can't do a thing about, because she feels like she's not strong enough. Love love love it.

And Sora's characterization was amazing, too. I think a lot of people forget that he, too, matures throughout the series (although his characterization can get a little inconsistent in actual canon, but that's besides the point). His love and care for Kairi was beautiful to see, and his frustrations with not understanding Kairi's condition again, humanized him. I think that's the thing I really loved about this-it's not the fluff that I'm normally used to or enjoy, but the fact that these characters were so realistic made this a very beautiful piece

Sora pushing Kairi pretty much made me cry. On one hand, I was frustrated with Sora, but then again, seeing everything from his perspective, while his actions were unacceptable, they were certainly understandable. I love how you worked in his anti-form; people seem to forget that while Sora's mostly cute and cuddly, he has that darkness in his heart that you explored so well! His regret for his actions, and then Kairi's crying and reactions were just oh so heartbreaking! Bah, you really know how to tug at heartstrings T.T

Sora's concerns for Kairi overall just really attached me to the two characters. The fact that he still finds her beautiful even after all she's been through speaks volumes about his connection to her and the depth of their relationship. People seem to forget that it's the things that you go through together that really strengthen a relationship and chemistry, and again, you've portrayed that so so accurately! You keep it real, and I think that this is the real first time that I'm really seeing them as soul mates. Not that I didn't think that they were before, but THIS? There's no doubt in my mind that after caring for someone through all of this and trying to help them, and the way she responds to all of it...of course, we don't have the whole rest of how their relationship progresses, but with Sora's resolve at the end, I'm hopeful things will change and Kairi gets the necessary help she needs, with Sora being there for her every step of the way :)

And then there was the lemon. Normally, when people write them, they're very baseless in terms of emotion, but this wasn't like that at all. You portrayed the two so innocently, and they weren't just have sex. They were /making love/, which again, added another depth to their very special relationship. Again, I loved how you slipped in Sora's anti-form into this scene; it again added another dimension to his character and the fic overall!

Ohmygod this is so long and I'm sure I have a lot more thoughts on this piece, but for now, this is all I can think of. Again, I loved this piece so so much! Really amazing work!
GuardianOfTime21 chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
This story...you did well in writing it...so well that it actually triggered one of my most painful memories...one I didn't think I'd have to face again. This story is an interpretation of the person I have become (Sora)...and the one that I truly cared for (Kairi), except I was too late to try to save her.
jimbaliya the hunter chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
this is one of the best written stories I have read in a long time, it shows the inner demons that man struggle with, I have only two things left to say, gaze not long into the abyss and job well done
bubblegum bxtch chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
That was brilliant. You were very in depth with the emotions..you also are great at describing what's going on, especially how Sora feels about all Kairi had done. It was a bit lengthy, but I'm glad. This was very emotional, intense, and thankfully, not rushed. You made sure to get all the details perfect and I don't know, I just loved this. You did far better than I could even imagine wetting, especially since it included smut in it. Anyways, fantastic job, I really like your writing style.
kaineHokage chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
I really liked it, awesome story!
girlwithgauges chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
This was the most amazing thing ever :') write more! Please xD
YOLOYOYO chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
OMG this is the best Kingdom Hearts Fanfiction ever. Please expand on it!
AnHeiressofaSOLDIER chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Aww... THIS is the kind of SoKai I've been missing! Wonderful job, Princess-Xion! I really wish Nomura would explore things like this more in the games, because honestly... I don't believe Kairi can be alright at all. I could VERY easily see her being like this (and have written it myself in the past), in fact. You know... you and I seem to have a lot in common with our views on KH:)

And I have to say: I'm so sick of Sora and Riku's friendship in the games. Kairi's been neglected so, so much and it's just sad, really. You'd think Nomura would try to develop her character and relationships with people, but he just doesn't. Sadly, I can see why a lot of people hate her (unjustified, yes, but understandable all the same).

And you know what's really depressing? Today I was listening to "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri, and I realized it fits SoKai to a T. Sora HAS broken all of his promises to Kairi. He promised he'd come back to her, but he didn't. He promised he wouldn't forget her in CoM, and he did. And then he promised Riku he'd take care of her; he promised he'd be with her "every day", and he broke all of those damn promises! (Other ones too, most likely.) And Christ, I'm really starting to feel like Nomura hates Kairi now or something. If only people would look to see all that's wrongly been done to Kairi, but they just don't seem to care or see it.

Anyway, getting onto a happier subject, this piece is absolutely beautiful. It attacked the things that needed to be addressed, and it handled it in an emotional and realistic way (something I wish would happen in the series). Also, I have to commend you for your lovely writing. It's so very emotional, and descriptive, and the flow is wonderful. I also like everything you did with Sora. It was very him, and this entire thing felt very much in canon to me (something that usually doesn't happen when dealing with adult themes like this), but did you ever nail it! In fact, this might now be my fav SoKai piece ever.

Also, even though I don't much care for first person this day, I feel like the story could only be told in this way, and it added SO much to the story that would've been missed in third. This story very much rang of Sora, so kudos to you. And when you finally had Sora finally realize he was being selfish, I could've kissed him and you.

You know, for someone who's supposed to be "someone very special" to Sora, he sure as hell doesn't treat Kairi that way. In fact, it reminds me of the amv "Our Tinted Cave" by ThreadstoTwelve on YouTube. And Kairi... poor, poor Kairi. She just bottles everything up inside, and tells Sora what he needs to hear, because she's that selfless. It just makes me sad that the series and fans don't seem to sympathize with her at ALL. Like, people think Nami suffered and deserves Sora, but I'm all like, "What about all the things poor Kairi's been through?!"

-sigh- With all of this, I know I probably actually sound like a Sora and Kairi hater, but they're actually my ultimate OTP. But... as weird as this sounds, I think reasons like this are WHY I like them. It just all needs to be addressed in canon, but I'm starting to think it never will. There are sides to Sora and Kairi that we haven't seen before (and it's shown wonderfully in this fic), and I think those sides, as well as others, make them perfect for each other. People seem to pair Sora with Xion and Naminé these days, seeming to think he needs to comfort them, but I think his best friend and love needs it even more.

I think people's whole problem with SoKai is because they think they're too Light and overall perfect, but they're not! Seriously. If I could just make all SoKai (and Kairi) haters read and understand this masterpiece, I think the world would be a much better place. And frankly, though I don't think they're "too Light", I think they WOULD need the Light in each other, after everything they've been through, and THAT'S why they work.

...I'm starting to get a bit off topic. Sorry about that! But in short (too late for that now!), amazing, amazing story. It's truly the sort of thing I've been missing in SoKai (and what I think the pairing truly is), and I'm just glad I finally found something of this caliber again, but then again, you never disappoint! :)

In fact, I think the only small criticism I have with this is that I think them having sex at the end MIGHT somewhat reinforce what Kairi thought before, about needing to do that to keep Sora. But as I've done something similar myself (and understood why you had the lemon and even enjoyed it a lot), it doesn't take away from this story at all. In fact, I'm glad that they got that close and could love again, but as someone who's regressed in the past... I imagine that it will truly take some time for the truth to completely sink in for Kairi, but that's just me theorizing and speaking from my own experiences, but what do I know? It very well could be different for Kai, after all, as everyone handles things differently.

Great, great work, honey! Keep it up! You're truly talented, and I can't wait to see what you do next (like updating your totally addictive vampire story, maybe). I hope you continue to write (and enjoy writing) your great SoKai, RokuShi, and KH fanfictions.

And... don't let the world get you down. I know it can be hard (as I've experienced some of what Kairi did here, and what you yourself seem to have), but know you're a truly talented, and great person, okay? You ARE worth it, and you deserve much more than you think. Things always get better, and if you ever want to talk, just know that I'm here. I don't even really know you, and yet I still love you, as a fellow human being:)

-goes to read this for the umpteenth time in two days-

-Shanna
TechKnightEmperor chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
Wow, that was really just an amazing one-shot. I'm definitely glad I found it among the other. Good job and keep up the great writing!
TheSapphireRose chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Beautiful! As always! It took me so long to get around to reading this because its so long, but it was definitely worth it! Please update LMC soon, and keep up the great work!
SokaiForDaWinnn chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
You have amazing potential as a story teller. This was just amazing, the things that happened were amazingly realistic and the reasons for them happening just fit perfectly into the story. You should take some ideas to a publisher, if you ever do and well, since it's you it's bound to get published. I would buy it and recommend to every damn person I know. So keep it up! :)
Awesome chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
You have amazing potential as a story teller. This was just amazing, perfect for a fluffy romance lover like me. ;)
Anon chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Awesome... Just flicking awesome...
djsrocks chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Ohmygoodess..

See, this story is perfect. Like, incredibly perfect. Because it reminds me of myself and my boyfriend... Like... I just want to thank you so much for writing this wonderful piece of work. I love you, okay? Can you be like my writing buddy?