Reviews for Reach
RSparkles chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
Just wow! This is beautiful.
DeleaMarie chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Awwww! Inlove!Barney is just the most adorable thing ever... :D And I agree with Robin: In every relationship, BOTH people are reachers because they recognize that there's something in the other that they just can't live without. If you love someone, you're not SETTLING for them because there's no one you'd rather be with!

Anyway, sweet little story! :)
lilagrace2011 chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
very sweet..you nailed it
Dawnaven chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This is great :) I liked it.
sugarysprinkles chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Aww 3 such a well written, sweet story.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Nailed it. The characters, all of them. Plus I love jealous Barney :)
dontforgettherobot chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
This was really sweet, I loved the whole "we've both been reaching for each other all this time" thing. Perfect.
domina tempore chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Okay, so this is generally my sister's show, but she's been introducing me to her favorite episodes and I've been finding it amazing, and when I read the summary for this I instantly remembered that I HAD actually seen the "reacher and settler" episode...and I had to read it. And as can be expected when you write things, it was gorgeous. (:

"Robin knows that Barney loves her, and that she loves him, and that she'll never doubt these things ever again. She'll never again force her own feelings away and pretend it is something she can move on from - for better or worse, they have the kind of love that endures even when you don't want it to, and they have the kind of chemistry that doesn't go away. But this argument speaks of some lingering reservations, and it's an icy fear inside her - that perhaps they're both just kidding themselves, after all. Engagements and marriage and monogamy and stability? That never used to be them, and love isn't always enough. Sometimes two awesomes cancel each other out. But she simply can't go through that again; there will be nothing left of her.

Barney's train of thought is the same, though neither of them realizes it. The idea that one of them is better, and deserves better, has put them on a precarious edge. He's afraid to fall. A therapist would probably tell him it all goes back to his father issues, because even though he and Jerry have reconciled, he still has the scarring of a young abandoned boy. If Robin is truly better and deserves better, then there's nothing in the world he can do to make her stay. There's no reason she should.

They're in love and they are soulmates, but the drawback of having great chemistry is that sometimes they're combustible together. And they've always been too stubborn to back down.

...Okay, so that was kind of a big chunk to quote, but I was particularly fond of these couple of paragraphs. I just...I can't even, haha. It's just wonderful.
bethchildz chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
this is absolutely flawless :)
BatmanSwiss chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Absolutely perfect!
moonlight-shimmer chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
awww. very cute! good job :)
AlwaysSandcastles chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Awwwwwwwwww, this was so sweet Barney Stinson you make my heart swell up to the point where I can burst at any moment. Beautiful story!3
Teri chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Your Barney is so sweet and Robin responded in kind. This was just a wonderful little story. Thank you for sharing it with us.