Reviews for Mirror Reflections
Aynessa chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
This is so heartbreaking and achingly hopeful. It hurts, even as it makes me smile.

Beautifully written.
Spiritrain chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Oh Lordy, did this story make me tear up! You were great at capturing each of their personalities. The end actually made me cry xD good job! Never has a story impacted me this way :) think I'll read more of your stories :)
Silver E. Sparrow chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
This felt like such a great character study for both Belle and Rumpelstiltskin and a study on their relationship of where it started and where it is now. There were so much parallels between 1x12 and 2x12 that had to be put their deliberately by Jane and that made things all the more painful when pointed out by fans. I worry what’s going to happen for these two. The last time Belle tried to save Rumpel in FTL she got caught by the Evil Queen and locked up for 30 years. What’s going to happen to Rumpel when he tries to save Belle? What will he have to do? Worried, worried, worried.
Hermitess chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Oh, it hurt to read this but you did such a good job of mirroring their stories that it hurts in a good way.
Grace5231973 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
I hope he is right!
Drac1026 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
This is so amazing. I love how you paralleled their love and their thoughts in the modern world and in FTL.
Lady-Dulcinea chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
"But now she is here, and suddenly, all at once, in the space of a heartbeat and a breath and the blink of an eye, it comes to life and color and sound all around him. She walks down a street and makes it important, shops at a store and makes it a place he knows of, speaks of someone she met and makes them real to him."

This is a BEAUTIFUL passage. Well done! :)
RockAndAHardPlace chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Love it! So beautiful dearie! I absolutely love your writing! :)
DozyTart chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This is absolutely gorgeous. The pacing, the emotions and the phrasing are all just what they should be and so rarely are. Brava!
Just 2 Dream of You chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Ok, I'm dead. I died. -checks pulse-

Nope still dead.

Can't decide if I hate you or love you. Or if I hate to love you or love to hate you.

So many feels.

So much talent.

I...

Am dead.

(Ok I love you)
soloscribe chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This is so beautiful and lovely and gushing with Rumbelle feels. I noticed you had reviewed my "Dragons in the Basement," and I was delighted to come across this today. Please keep writing the Rumbelle.

In particular, this slayed me because I think it's very true and had never thought of it in this context, but Bae is an obsession & there is so little hope (omg, makes me want to hug Gold just thinking about it):
He has never hoped for anything in life, not like this. Bae is a goal, an obsession, but there is so little hope there, all of it submerged beneath focused determination and anguished regret. Magic is a means to an end, an addiction. Victory is no more than the result of carefully thought out strategies, calculated deals and alliances. But Belle…Belle is hope, and now he hopes, hopes with everything he is because she has always come back to him before and surely, surely, she will do so again.
THIRTEENpointONE chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This was simply wonderful! Not that I've come to expect anything less from you, because all of your stories are amazing, but I loved how you interwove and paralleled their two stories. It was clever, and beautiful, and a little bit sad there at the end, but I loved every bit of it. One of my favorite things you do, aside from your perfect characterization, are these little, almost "throwaway" lines that you have in nearly every paragraph that are just perfect in their wording and eloquencey. I read them and go, "Oh my gosh- perfect line!" and then want to copy it for the review, saying how it was my favorite, but then, one paragraph later you have a better one! I don't know how you do it, but please never stop because you're amazing!
Anonymous Nerd Girl chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
So many feelings! As usual your characterization is spot-on and insightful. Their journeys do mirror each others'. I love the way you pointed out that Rumple would feel safer with the cup the same way Belle would feel safer with other people. All Rumplestiltskin ever had to hold onto were objects and Belle the sense of community. What really impressed me with this fic was your style. It flowed so beautifully it was almost lyrical. The dual POVs were extremely well executed. I am awestruck and envious of your talent!
Katla chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This story broke me into pieces. The parallels you outlined between Belle and Rumplestiltskin were amazing, and so heartbreaking. I was particularly struck by the True Love's Kiss scene... her hope, and his... both of them taking the risk and being so terribly disappointed after that moment of hope. It was searing. And beautifully done.

It really, really hurt to read this because it was so beautifully written! I know you said this would be a sad oneshot, but I wasn't prepared for how deeply tragic it was. I need Belle to get her memory back. Now more than ever after revisiting their situation so painfully! The way you described Rumplestiltskin, his blossoming connection to Belle in the beginning, his self-made prison of darkness that she couldn't penetrate with that first kiss, his heart-rending thought that he couldn't imagine his life without her... it was all exquisitely heartbreaking. "As if a life where they are apart is something she can conceive of, something she can comprehend." Exquisite pain! :(

I always admire your ability to tease out all the varied strands of each character and to delve so deeply into who they are, how they think, and what they feel. And you did such an amazing job here! I was heartbroken by what you did with Rumplestiltskin and I was equally floored by your presentation of Belle. I especially loved the scene when he becomes so angry and monstrous after her kiss, and she realizes that he's trapped in a prison he made for himself. :'(

So, basically, my heart hurts. Which means you did a fantastic job, as usual. Oh, I wish the show would start moving toward a resolution of this plotline! Of course, my complaint isn't really fair since they've been on hiatus lol. Only a couple more days until a new episode! :D

Well done - I enjoyed this, despite my emotional agony. Thanks for writing. :)
Katya Jade chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
You captured them beautifully. I absolutely hated seeing Belle lose her memory and when that cup flew against the wall I was heartbroken. This story really relayed all of those emotions and the reason why we were all devastated. Nicely done.