Reviews for Stages of Grief
Merln'sM chapter 7 . 9/27/2013
The only word for Chapter 7 is ''masterful'. What a splendid understanding of characters, dialogue and nuance. This story just goes from strength to strength, and it is a joy (albeit a somber one) to discover each new chapter. Thank you so very much for this very healing approach to accepting Season 4. I hope JF handles it half as sensitively as you. And hope for many more chapters and DA fics to come.
Guest 2 chapter 7 . 9/10/2013
As is true with the rest of this piece, this chapter was brilliantly done. The interchange between Violet and Isobel is so perfectly spot on. JF himself could not have written better dialogue. So crisp and true to character. And Dr. Clarkson's wise ministrations to Isobel is extremely clever writing. You are truly gifted. Thanks for sharing it with DA fic readers!
MeAgain chapter 7 . 8/27/2013
Ok, I've read this through like 5 times and love it more each time. You match my vision of the chars better than Julian Fellowes does & you keep them in character in every way (especially complex Robert, who JF doesn't seem to know what to do with) And NO guest stars or newbies in here! LOVE this.
Guest reader chapter 7 . 8/27/2013
Absolutely top notch - as usual!
LauraHuntORI chapter 6 . 8/26/2013
Wow. And she was so good in her scenes with baby Sybil.
CountessCora chapter 7 . 8/26/2013
Excellent chapter, I wonder what will happen with this idea? Xx
Duchess chapter 7 . 8/26/2013
Oh this is so very, very good! Beautifully and sensitively written as always. You have very cleverly introduced the snippets of information we have been given about what is in the opening episode of series 4. All the various conversations were utterly believable. Just brilliant!
Guest chapter 7 . 8/26/2013
Brilliant chapter, as usual. Your dialogues are masterful: everyone is in character and tries to wade through grief despite the social constraints of that period. My favourite part has to be the last one: Clarkson is often the butt of fans' jokes as 'Dr Death', but he is actually a very decent doctor and a gentle man. Unfortunately for him he is judged by people who have the benefit of historical hindsight on terrible diseases like the Spanish flu, and of modern medical technology and knowledge. I think he is spot-on here, with his subtle tactic to help Isobel and his appraisal of the Crawleys.
Tammy333 chapter 7 . 8/26/2013
I loved the Isobel and Dr. Clarkson bit! Still loving this story :-)
Tammy333 chapter 5 . 8/26/2013
Loved the bit with Robert and Cora! I'm so glad you've included Carson in your story, he's my favorite character on the show :-)
Tammy333 chapter 3 . 8/26/2013
Bates and Anna are so sweet! I'm glad they're helping Robert. So good that Cora is getting Mary to open up.
Tammy333 chapter 2 . 8/26/2013
Poor Isobel! Poor Robert, when Isobel lashed out at him. Cora is such a rock right now!
Tammy333 chapter 1 . 8/26/2013
I just found this story. I'm loving it so far! You have written this with such detail, that I can just see it all unfolding in my mind. This is heartbreaking, but since they are jumping us ahead 6 months, I'm sure glad you're covering the in between. Thanks!
guest chapter 7 . 8/25/2013
Mary & Edith. Violet & Isobel. Isobel & Clarkson. Perfect conversations.
Savannah fan chapter 6 . 8/12/2013
I can just imagine that a grief stricken Tom would have made such a promise to Sybil before they took her away. Great conversation between Mary and Anna. This story is absolutely flawless!