Reviews for We're Having a Baby!
Spruceton Spook chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
Firstly, whenever I see the title of this story, I can’t help but SING it, thinking of the song that Ricky crooned to Lucy on “I Love Lucy.” Every single time. XD

Secondly, the compulsory but totally deserving AWWW! How precious is little Dean? And how heartbreaking, only because we know how Dean becomes later in life. How he’s always trying to measure himself unreasonably, refuse to believe he’s WORTH IT, play down any kind of value people see in him that IS there. This was such a subtle but exceptional foreshadowing of all of that. Dean, thinking the new baby was a replacement because he wasn’t GOOD ENOUGH for his parents. “Is something wrong with me?” Tragically, this feeling will never quite go away, will it? :(

But, just as poignant, is this statement: “John Winchester would sooner kill himself before giving his child the slightest impression of not being a good enough son!” It didn’t hit me the first time, but when I reread the story this line actually sent a chill through me. Because isn’t this exactly what John winds up doing? Dean is too young to understand quite how he feels here, but John certainly knows where he stands when it comes to his family, his boy. Dean has always been worthy, and that realization should have begun being cultivated here. Alas...

Look at me, taking a fluffy, feel-good story and finding all the things to make my heart go CRUSH instead of float happily away. ; I’ll end with this quote: “Although energized by the baby's excitement, the child did feel more confident in his ability to sleep tonight, unhindered by unnecessary worries.” One of the last nights Dean probably felt this way.

Gah! Did I totally go the wrong way with this? I’m sorry, Aiselne! Can’t help it...my heart is perpetually breaking for Dean, and reading these stories seems to make it worse! But I enjoyed it, loved all the smiles it did give me, and will never tire of your pre-series fluff! :)
Neon-Night-Light chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Awwwww, that was adorable and so well-written too!