Reviews for Aftermath
Ghanaperu chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
It's good writing. And it deserves more, but somehow the simplist phrase seems to convey what I am feeling most fully. It's good.

Thank you.
Mari217 chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Excellent! I do agree, for what it's worth with Danny's decision. As a soldier's daughter, I'd have preferred my dad be the friend, brother and soldier he needed to be, knowing I'd be proud of him

Bravo!
Mari
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
*sniffles* I love this! It's very touching.

Thank you for writing & sharing.
ManoaFalls chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Great duty / honor / friendship story. It's my first comment, but all four of your stories are moving. Keep it up.
francis2 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I totally love this. Grace still had her mother, so she wouldn't be alone either way.
Canopreornom chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Beautifully written, I really enjoyed reading this.
Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Perfect. It was perfect.
simplyn2deep chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
reading this brought tears to my eyes.
Sunny70 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
I absolutely loved this story. Beautifully written, many great lines, very touching.
I am absolutely in agreement with you about your version of Danno and his choice. Yes, I could see him do this. Hoaloha.
Thank you for sharing this with us!
Rainey chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This a very touching and beautiful tag to this episode.
attyboy chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I agree with your decision to write it this way. It's how I want to see the relationship between Steve and Danny portrayed. Both have deep belief in duty and honor. It's what makes us want to dig deeper into their personalities. Thanks for a great read.
Gone2Far chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
'The force of the words was in the memories they, not in their volume'
Beautiful line. One of my favorites in any story I've read in this fandom. This was absolutely lovely.
TMVH50 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Great tag! I absolutely LOVED the episode and would have loved to see some Danny/Steve interaction as the final scene (although the scene at the dance was sweet, too).
CMariaD chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
I liked this. Very nice work.

Although there was 1 inconsistency with show canon in it (though I think I understood why you did it).

You had Steve watching TV in his bedroom in your fic. But in show canon there's NO TV in Steve's bedroom-Steve *only* has a TV in his "den" or "family room".

That's the reason why Danny never sleeps anywhere else at Steve's but on Steve's couch-Danny needs the noise of the TV to drown out the noise of the waves near Steve's house.

This is very clearly stated in Episodes 209 (Ike Maka, aka Identity) & 217 (Kupale, aka Defender).

In the beginning of Ike Maka, Steve is kept awake by the TV noise while Danny is staying with him between apartments & he & Danny have a "discussion"/"argument" about the TV noise (& other "McGarrett house rules" Danny seems to have stretched or broken; Danny reminds Steve that he can only sleep on the couch because he needs the TV noise to drown out the wave noise. And then they discuss other "rule" infractions of Danny's & get called out on their case of the week.

Then towards the beginning of Kupale, when Steve comes back from Reserve Training to find his house almost on fire from a frittata Danny tried to cook on his stove & his den/family room otherwise in shambles because Danny is a slob when it comes to housekeeping, Danny again reminds Steve he can only sleep in that room because of the TV being in there (because he uses the noise from it to drown out the noise of the waves, which keeps him awake otherwise). And then Steve finds out that Danny let Grace's dog sleep in Steve's bed instead, & then they get called out on the case of that week.

Other than that retcon, on the location of Steve's only TV, good job. hope you write more.
cargumentluv chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Wow what a great tag to a great episode!