Reviews for Scenes From a Treaty
BreathingMagic chapter 1 . 3/8/2017
Beautiful. What a piece of art. I loved the writing style, for some reason it made me feel like I was floating while reading your story, like a leaf on a river, not being able to penetrate the surface and become water itself but being entrained by the current all the same. Very very unique but absolutely marvelous. I'm sorry if this review doesn't make a lot of sense but you have a way with words that inspired me beyond my usual means of praise. Bravo.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 3/12/2016
This is beautiful. Love their relationship.
Sakihinata chapter 1 . 12/17/2015
That, was incredible, I like that it was written with Mary's p.o.v.
And it was beautifully written too ;)
PoisonIvy7 chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
This fic is GLORIOUS.

I think I could read this a hundred times and never stop feeling that kind of beautiful hurt when things end well, are well, but took a lot of sadness to get there. And I love that feeling, because that's exactly how life is and it always means the author just GETS it.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
This is a lovely portrayal of Mary and the family dynamics. I wish that it were canon.
Captain Evermind chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Wow. This piece is phenomenally good. A beautiful exploration of character. I love the interdependent nature of the relationships you draw between the three of them. Lovely work.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Wow, I really liked this. Thank you for sharing it.
243tobaccoash chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
This is so, so beautifully written. This was the first Sherlock fic I read, and one of the few titles I remembered. I keep coming back to read it. Keep writing, you're brilliant.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
I love the dynamic that you made with Sherlock and Mary. How they have an understanding between them of the other's relationship with John and what that means for the other. :D Lovely
Dora-pomidora chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Абсолютно волшебно! Спасибо!
jack63kids chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
What an incredible find, all thanks to the Community: Captain John H. Watson. MD, BAMF.
This is a really superior fic, with a great plot-line, really thoughtful characterisation which also follows canon. It is well written and definitely not boring - whatever Sherlock may say about relations and all that!

I like your Mary. She is well rounded, nothing about her is Mary-Sueish though she can hold her own with Sherlock, who recognises a worthy 'opponent'. Not many pass muster when it comes to our John, but she is also worthy of this moral and courageous man.
Your 'known' characters are spot on. John is self-effacing, loyal, bold, witty. Sherlock - well - Sherlock's Sherlock and Mrs Hudson is sweet and slightly dithery. Nothing to disturb my headcanon.

There are a lot of glorious details, that bring this to life; some just street numbers, but it gives a real feel of London life. Made me think too, after living and working in Islington for many years, whether he got married at Finsbury Town Hall. Prettier than most.

If I could change anything, I'd ask that you divide this into chapters so that I can get my head around reviewing each section individually - but that's just me being selfish. It works just fine as one (albeit long) story. There are simply too many great phrases and passages to mention them all in one review.
I will single out this one as it is a clever use of her musical background: '... he's nearer to the overture. She's closer to the interval.'

Anyone who knows me will tell you that it takes a lot for me to click fav story and I *never* click fav author after the first fic. ;-D Just saying... Oh, and anyone not the author may not realise that I did both of those on the strength of that fic!
sevenpercent chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
this is the best piece I've read in the past two months. Hands down. Hats off. Just amazing combination of humour, strength, character, laced with a tinge of regret and angst, softened by the lubricant of respect for all the characters. And straight onto my favourites. Wow- it even made me stop writing...
Lace-Sylph chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Impressive. The only John/Sherlock/Mary that I've like in anyway so far... including the canon I must say.
Zanonymous0 chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
I loved this. The ending was beautiful.
Mikra chapter 1 . 5/13/2013