Reviews for Scenes From a Treaty
hjohn302 chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Wow! Somehow, I haven't come across this before. Your treatment of Mary is absolutely perfect. I love how you wove this story together, how she confronted Sherlock... The whole pulling the gun to save Sherlock... amazing!

This is a beautiful story and I am so glad I found it!
hiddenhibernian chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
This was unbelievably good; it really packed an emotional punch, as was extremely well written. Thank you so much!

The characterisation of Mary at the start was very good, as was the way you kept the reader on their toes as to who she may be.

I loved the music metaphors (‘closer to the interval)! Some turns of phrase are beautiful, like this one: ‘work of marble or a splash of conceit'

As for the plot, it's the most convincing way I have read for Mary and Sherlock to work out an accommodation; I found it compelling.
Wavebreeze chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
That was incredibly beautiful. I am amazed.
Khashana chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
This actually made me like Mary, which I have never done before. Congratulations, and good job.
InkStarsAndSteelSkies chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
This was gorgeous. I loved the complicated relationships going on, and it was so wonderful to see it from Mary's side for most of the story, instead of John or Sherlocks.
Wonderful (:
Fang's Fawn chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
Beautiful.
lilsammywinchester chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Mary technically hasn't come out yet so it's more like doing a OC but...that was brilliant. I loved her character and i loved how john and sherlock still have that bound we all know and love. It takes skill to pull off an OC so great job :)
Gurkblomma chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
This was so extraordinarily beautiful. I love how you managed to stay so in character while introducing Mary; you made it so believable. I love it. This is so extraordinary, and I hope you take a great amount of pride in it. You should.
Kotori-Sensei chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Wow, congratulations for this fic, it was...incredible.
I must admit that i didn't like Mary...not because of her, is my problem. I'm a huge Jhonlock fan, so for me, she was in the middle :P
But no matter my tastes, the narrative, the idea, the way you manage to get to that end, it was amazing.
So congratulations again!
Debesmanna chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
This is absolutely lovely. You have a gift for switching between points of view in a way that feels natural, and for metaphors in all the right places. Mary, John, and Sherlock are all wonderfully characterized-vibrant and raw and real. I was drawn to read this fic by the summary, simple and evocative, and I wasn't disappointed.

Thanks for the read!

-Debesmanna-
Desdemona Morrisa Raine chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Well now, that was just excellent! Good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
The best exploration of the relationship between John, Sherlock, and Mary that I have ever read. Period. One of the best post-Reichenbach stories I have ever seen. I'm not even close to exaggerating. This is going in my favorites.
chironsgirl chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This is glorious! Would you be good enough to continue this? I think Sherlock's reaction to the arrival of the baby would be priceless. And would you mind terribly if I recommended this fic over on Sherlock forum?
chappysmom chapter 1 . 2/7/2013