Reviews for Sam Winchester, Man Of Letters
Soncnica chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Awesome ... I loved the episode and I love the bunker, its such a fresh, amazing, interesting concept.
And Sam would be an amazing men of letters, hell he is, even if he was raised as a hunter. And so is Dean.
Awesome story!

S.
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
it is clear, smalld1171, that you have a good grasp of both of these characters. this piece does for Sam what Eyes Wide Open did for Dean.

it has never been a question that these brothers love and care for each other. You illustrate that well here.
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
1983Sarah chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I totally love this because I see this as where the show is heading, giving Sam an "out" while still being in the hunting world and of course, Dean being his trusted hunter!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
This really, really has me stoked. I always wanted to see a reason for Sam's love of learning and Henry really brought it home.

Dean shouldn't be too disappointed. He's the man to finally join the practical hunters with the ancient(and VERY uppper-class leaning) sorcerers to the people with a calling to hunt.

Henry wouldn't have been learning spell-work and the Rabbi wouldn't have needed a golem handbook if the scholars were totally non-hunting...
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
I love Dean's description of Sam's excitement for books and all the knowledge stored in their new place.
This was a great addition to the episode.
Thanks for sharing your story with us.
deangirl4ever chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Loved this and loved the ep too and spn is still the best show ever! And dean is the best too.
Sharlot chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Anytime you see either boy in their "element" it is electric. I love that Sam has found a *home* at last. :) This was great!
DeansBabyBird chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Yeah It does have a ring to it!
B x
Guest chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Loved their new home, I hope they get to keep it! Nice job.
Wolfie135 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Wow, this was really good. Think it totally described the way Sam was when he saw all that stuff in the 'bat cave' :) Thanks for this
murphy9202 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Loved the episode. I agree this place seems to have brought life back to Sam. I hope the writers keep this place as their batcave for a long time. I really liked this story showing Dean's POV. I could see Sam being a Man of Letters. I thought it was great!
Psycho33 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Dean is So sweet and tender and loving when he thinks of his brother, its touching and reminiscent of the early days that I enjoyed so much and was one of the reasons I got hooked. Thank youfor sharing. I really enjoyed it. :-)
Souless666 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Yeah, yesterdays episode was awesome wasn't it. Kinda like an oasis in the middle of a desert. The first thing I thought, when I heard about the place was Sam's not about to throw the key in. Then looking at the place and the look on his face was priceless.

I hope its a long time before the writers get tired of the place and distroy it, cause I think its a cool place.

...they just have to do something about the music. LMAO
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Great Dean POV here. It's so him. I love the way he's happy that Sam's embracing the legacy though he himself feels as uncomfortable being a Man of Letters as Sam did being a hunter growing up. Love this paragraph:

"As for me, hell, I'm still trying to get a handle on the idea that Sam and I were supposed to grow up feeling fulfilled that our purpose was to have our heads buried in those same damn books; that we were meant to spend our days cataloguing and researching and passing along what we learned to hunters, but never actually hunting. Ugh, that'll take a little time to process."

It's the fish-out-of-water feeling. Just a few lines but you convey it so well!