Reviews for In Somno Veritas
C.S. Augustoni chapter 10 . 8/7
what a climax, in all ways possible! amazing talent guys I'm so happy to have found this gem xx
C.S. Augustoni chapter 2 . 8/6
exquisite writing
Tsumujikaze Yumi chapter 10 . 7/20
so... so cool! Haha Harry is definitely the best xD thanks !
the third-person speech is really weird...he didn't do that as much in canon
DarkBloodWolf13 chapter 10 . 5/31
I was hooked from this the start; I couldn't put it down! I loved all of this. You really gave the characters personality. There were times where I just wanted to hug them and times where I kinda just wanted to bash their heads together XD. The ending scene made me laugh and aww at the same time.
Saroyamal chapter 1 . 5/15
Oh Harry, there is a reason why governments don't usually negotiate with terrorists...
cztelnik chapter 10 . 12/10/2016
Wow! Not sure where to even begin to attempt explaining how amazing I found this chapter for so many very different reasons. But I'll try.

Lastly, I really liked the patronus bit - like the pattern connecting Ginny's patronus with Tom's current form - if possession is such a major event it can't not have a lasting effect on a person...but that might be just apophinea on my part which leads into my earlier thoughts.

Is Harry having epiphanies? Are his instincts leading him to valid conclusions about Voldemort's nature that Tom doesn't even know? Or is he simply wanting to justify so badly that he's seeing something, seeing changes and potential that don't exist? I know the patronus will be used to confirm Harry's beliefs but don't think it is that simple. He and Voldemort still have very different understandings of some very basic ideas (like the definition of fun) and when confronted with rational arguments, Harry tends to descend directly into emotional pleas and demands for capitulation. Not an unusual response, in fact it is quite normal human behavior ... but it doesn't help resolve the valid concerns of his nature that Voldemort is raising. Like isn't it normal and reasonable for Voldemort to hate and resent Dumbledore for being a thieving hypocrite, stealing irreplaceable family heirloom from his family's hereditary home, and lying about it being destroyed? Then to accuse Tom of evil because of some minor childhood thefts...I just don't know what to say about how significant that is but Harry glosses over Voldemort's pain and hurt to beg and insist his own desires for Voldemort to heal Dumbledore from the consequences of this travesty of justice. True friendships and relationships are not maintained by emotional blackmail, and Harry's demands granted, does not mean Voldemort is susceptible to Harry's emotions, it may mean he desires Harry for reasons of his own so despite not actually being affected, is temporarily submitting for completely different reasons.

Perhaps they will spend so much time together that these issues will simply go away on their own.

Yes, "in your next reincarnation" to quote a Thai idom.

But, perhaps Voldemort's reasons for capitulation will remain valid and his fondness for Harry will grow and become habit forming. Harry's illogical, emotional vigor attitudes can be attractive and amusing all on their own and no doubt Harry will grow so at some point they can have meaningful conversations with mutual discourse. Harry also has the phenomena going for him (assuming he's not projecting and Voldemort is not completely psychopathic) where people lose basic cognitive functioning ability when in the sphere of influence of someone they find attractive. I hope so, because this is an incredible, amazing story and I really, really want to imagine a future happily ever after.

Ok, now for the writing, editing, verbal descriptions and imagery. I am so in awe of the way you guys use words to evoke actual memories complete with smells and sound and feelings like the beach scenes. The clarity, succinctness and power behind your writing is incredible. Sometimes I wish my brain would shut up so I could just drown in the awesomeness of the "feels" but then it is partly the thought provoking aspects that make this fic so fascinating. You are a brilliant team of wordsmiths!

So thank you for crafting something so intense and posting it freely, it's a debt owed I can never repay, the enjoyment from reading stories like this.
cztelnik chapter 9 . 12/10/2016
Mutual possession sounds fantastic!
cztelnik chapter 8 . 12/10/2016
hmm, didn't notice Harry getting his cloak back.
cztelnik chapter 7 . 12/9/2016
Somehow I think Severus may not be taken with the idea of Harry running off with the Dark Lord.
cztelnik chapter 6 . 12/9/2016
Lovely. Since there are more chapters I doubt Harry's part in the story is done but what happened or is about to happen? If it was a dream sequence I missed the cue's, if it is Voldemort's true dream perhaps or if this is how Harry loses his horecrux? or Voldemort changes his mind? No idea so just have to read on.
cztelnik chapter 5 . 12/9/2016
So Greyback is dead and Voldemort saved Katie Bell. He now made Ron and perhaps Hermione absolutely thrilled with Savage. Harry is young, restless and desperate but twisted in his mind between desire and guilt. Wonder how Voldemort will punish Draco now if he won't kill him? I suppose Narcissa will die then.
cztelnik chapter 4 . 12/9/2016
Harry is lured as much by his own desire not to fight, not to die and his horecrux craves the closeness but his instincts aren't warning him off either. Seems that either it is a horror in the making or Voldemort will be more affected by Harry's closeness, not exactly wrong to call it companionship although friendship is definitely a step too far.
cztelnik chapter 3 . 12/9/2016
Brilliant job of making something so grotesque seem almost beautiful. That is raw talent. Because what is happening is really horrific but how it is described makes it almost attractive. I like this story because that is just impressive.
cztelnik chapter 2 . 12/9/2016
Well, that is a very picturesque chapter. Full of dark and light contrasting imagery and feelings. Even tho it is disturbing in ways I like it overall.