Reviews for Sum of The Parts
Thank you for a great story!
RIP Yeltin
Thanks again for giving a snapshot into Scotty's past. This set up reminds me of Lost.
I loooove long chapters especially the backstory. I was so totally immersed that I forgot that I was in the backstory. Very good writing as usual.
HeronS chapter 7 . 4/17
I like the connection to Generations! It was clever to use the Nexus as a way to create a good frame story for all your small stories.
HeronS chapter 6 . 4/17
(Ch6) Oh, that was sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. Thanks!
HeronS chapter 5 . 4/17
(Ch5) I'm repeating myself now, but this was excellent. It made me appreciate Chekov as a character far more than I have in the past. It inspires me to want to write something where the real challenge is a multidimensional spatial navigation problem.

I think the connection between his chess playing and his idea for Scotty was very well handled.
HeronS chapter 4 . 4/17
What a great background story for Scotty! You manage to paint quite a vivid picture of Scotland with just a few words. I like how quickly you jump in time too.
HeronS chapter 3 . 4/17
I enjoy your writing style, it was a good idea to choose present tense for this story, it gives it a sense of action.

I'm not sure about your choice of "freight" in the last paragraph, I think it is very unconventional.

Maybe you should also consider if "skillful communicator" should be "skilled communicator".

You really brought Uhura's childhood home to life, the tea shop felt especially real.
HeronS chapter 2 . 4/17
(Ch2) Wonderful! I liked how McCoy and Spock interacted. I thought your description of Vulcan society was intriguing, I hope to see more of that from you some day. You have me very curious about the box...
HeronS chapter 1 . 4/17
(Chapter1) This is really well-written. I love how you're making child!Sulu pretty full of himself, but shows that he grows.
Grgoyldef2 chapter 7 . 2/6/2015
I really enjoyed this story, especially the interludes into their past. Thank you for writing this story.
Guest chapter 7 . 1/15/2015
Fascinating! You really bring them to life, tying early experiences - and Kirk of the Nexus - into the present. Delighted to see "kibosh"; don't hear it much any more. I only read completed stories, but can't see how serial readers could drop out part way through something this good. Thanks for sharing.
TOSoldtimer chapter 5 . 8/12/2013
In response to your note - I can't imagine why anyone would abandon this fic. It's great. The only questions I have (from a previous chapter) are what happened to Tarvik and why Sybok became V'tosh'katur after what Tarvik did to bid brother. But these did not detract from the story as a whole. The Uhura chapter was masterful.
cari chapter 7 . 8/6/2013
1- i need to watch more TNG chapters
2- i really enjoyed the story as well the rest you've written, you are probably my favorite Star trek writer (make that definitely).
3- i also enjoy how in your stories for TOS you give Spock and Uhura a certain connection with an open possibility for more while keeping things cannon to the Prime Universe, well done.