Reviews for When One Door Closes
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 8/12/2013
I think I enjoyed your take on Hereafter even better than the actual episode! Drunk!Vance is so sad, and I love how Ziva reassures Tony at the end. Wonderful work, as always.
diana teo chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
It's lovely how fanfic gives us the possibility of happy endings. There's been too much grief on the show and given its' track record of offing the females, Tony's right. Jimmy and Breena should leave before something dire befalls her... ;)
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
THIS HURTS MY HEART.

I mean ... y'know, divorce papers are a very likely possibility for Hereafter, since the press release said that Vance was dealing with something personal, but I really hope it isn't that. Because the Vances WERE the benchmark, and everyone always said they were happy and the one complete family (prior to Shabbat Shalom) in NCIS, and I really don't want to think that Jackie wanted to leave.

You're brilliant for this story line, but I hate you for it.

No offence :P

"I was too busy to even notice there was a problem. She gave me a second chance before I even knew I had blown the first one. Now she's gone." GUH.

"It's the damned like Vance, and Gibbs, and me that are left alone after all the good ones have died." It's heartbreaking that Tony compares himself to Vance and Gibbs, because he's never lost a spouse to death. I mean, there was Paula as his once-upon-a-time lover, but I don't think she ever mattered as much to him as Jackie to Vance. Yet he sees himself in Vance and Gibbs, and that hurts me. He really does think of himself as a damned man, doesn't he?

But oh, Ziva's there-always will be-and he's not alone. And I'm grateful for that because really, I don't think he'd go very far without her.

-Sophie
ANNNA chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
AKJDLKJKAJFKJAS YES!
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Heartbreaking, sweet, and believable.
BrightGrey chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Perfection.
ReadtoRelax chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
You are too funny, sad story with a sweet ending/begiinning for Tony and Ziva.
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Ahhh...the end made me sigh with a bit of happiness.

Good story.

Poor Vance.
Schmaltzy chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Save room for me at the asylum if so!

Alas, I don't think they'll be giving us smoochies yet. I find the writers' watershed moments are rarely as collosal as the ones in my head (I continue to tell myself this so I won't be disappointed).

Thanks for this vignette - it was a great read. :)
My Whole Life Is Thunder chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Sad and true. I am both dreading and looking forward to the next episode.
Jean89 chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Very nice! Good writing! I hope something along these lines happens too!
kb chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
We can only hope that something this good happens in #Hereafter...
brightblue chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
Awwwww, well, I hope this is somewhere close to what we get. It has to be. Right? It was so perfect. *sigh*
quotelation chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
I'm torn between hoping that the thing Vance discovers is something like this (because she was giving him a second chance and...just...*gropes around for tissues*) and hoping it's ten million miles away (because DIVORCE PAPERS how could you do this to us). But regardless of what happens on the actual show, this story is beautiful, and so sweet. Tony's line about Jimmy escaping is funny (who hasn't thought that at some point or another?) and the Tony-Ziva interaction is spot-on, elegantly handled, and emotional. *Reaches for tissues again.*
Niki Nonsense chapter 1 . 2/8/2013