Reviews for Sanctuary
Fireminer chapter 24 . 7/2/2014
You did very well. It's certainly a pleasant to read this story.
EternalAir chapter 23 . 5/2/2014
OMIGOSHHH i am soooo sorry for not reviewing this until now. I started this pretty early and then I just dropped fanfiction in general for a while (i was also kinda too young to follow what was going on).

Anyway, I came back to this and realized it was completed. Let me just say it is amazing. I marathoned it as quickly as I could. Characterization was spot on and all the feelz for the characters :'D Your OC's were really interesting and had some depth to them. Everything clicked together and you accomplished foreshadowing stuff well ;) . I really enjoyed watching Neku grow again from the veryyy emo guy from the beginning of the game, to a person who can make *gasp* FRIENDSS. Neku/Shiki moments were soo cute and amazingg. Everything about this was so awesome and I felt myself getting teary at the depressing points and laughing at the hilarious points :) (It was THAT good).

I'm gonna start reading your other stuff now and I have high hopes for them :P Anyway, congratz, this fic was very well done and is literally the best thing I have ever read. (sorry for the really long the review i have been meaning to write in forever) PS. You are amazing :) THANK YOU FOR THIS FIC 3

THE POWER IS YET UNKNOWN :'DDDDDD
XphiaDP chapter 24 . 3/7/2014
Sora, Donald, and Goofy pop up everywhere don't they?
wdango chapter 24 . 2/17/2014
I'd just like to say that Sanctuary is perfect. That's all.
SapphireOfTheCrescentMoon chapter 24 . 2/14/2014
-screams internally at the mention of Kingdom Hearts in the ending-

OMG
HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU

It even took me a little bit. I had to read what Beat told Neku like, three times before it hit me what he was talking about.

I feel so ashamed to call myself a Kingdom Hearts fan.
Michael Mario chapter 24 . 2/12/2014
Sorry it took me a while to review. I've busy with school as of late.

Sanctuary Joshua can be prick, but you just can't beat the original in that category. His more sociopathic, otherworldly nature even ticks and and unnerves both of his counterparts. Makes you appreciate this one is, as the Composer said, "more human".

Ouch, though... the Tin Pin one is better? That's a cold, cold burn Ass Joshua.

"A scattered dream like a far-off memory. A far-off memory like a scattered dream. A scatter dream like a far of memory of doing the can-can and lighting a bag of dog crap on Xehanort's front lawn. Let's do it for real in KH3... you, and me."

Good extra chapter!
Heart chapter 24 . 2/11/2014
This is I'll Break Your Heart (again). I just re-read the Scattered Dream section and I was like: "Waaaaiiiit a minute!"

Now I get it! Kingdom Hearts! I should've known from the massive key reference! Donald and Goofy too! And the Gummi Ship! Heck, you were quoting from the beginning of KHII right? The whole "A scattered dream that's like a far off memory," right?

Gosh, I feel pretty stupid now. All well, at least I got it sooner rather than later.

Heart
I'll Break Your Heart chapter 24 . 2/11/2014
Wow. Didn't see that coming. Then again, this was a AU fic and there are many many many TWEWY universes (according to the game itself.) I shouldn't be surprised that original Josh is universe hopping while original Neku is on his Third week.

Love the portrayal of actual Joshua. I could really tell him apart from Sanctuary's Joshua. Ugh, so many Josh's, my heads spinning just like Beat's!

I still feel bad for Composer Josh though. I don't know why but he's always lonely. At least in the AU everyone has friends and not alone (that's the truth no matter how crony it sounds.)

I really liked that line at the end. Humanity is what the majority of the TWEWY cast (in this fic) have a hard time finding. But if looked at with someone elses eyes, they are human.

Thanks for what I hope to be one of many after stories! Though I am wondering what is being talked about in the Scattered Dreams Omake...
Heart
a paper flower chapter 24 . 2/10/2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I love your Kingdom Hearts reference. Beat with the whole "dog and duck wearing clothes" thing was the first thing I noticed. Then the title of that one, A Scattered Dream ("a scattered dream is like a far off memory, a far off memory is like a scattered dream. I wanna line the pieces up. Yours and mine..."). And then there was the whole boy with a key thing. Ahaha, that was just so grand.

It really warped my mind, to imagine the whole parallel world thing with the Composer version of Josh visiting this world.

"You're just too...human."

Dude, I felt like crying. Thanks for the waterworks, Joshy.

Can't wait for the next one!
FallenKing47 chapter 24 . 2/10/2014
i really don't get it until i saw the part a boy with the big ass key i instantly know that was Soda, Goofy and Donald •w•
(I'm a huge fan :3 )
btw, i love the idea of Joshua met the Sanctuary's cast, it's really cool XD
MewsEclipse chapter 24 . 2/10/2014
Hmm, so. This is a third world... (NO! Tin Pin will NEVER be better!) NeShiki fluff? Was that necessary? Oh, hi Sora.
-Zek (my reviews have been downgraded temporarily due to my Monster Hunter 3U withdrawal.)
Xerzo LotCN chapter 24 . 2/9/2014
i didn't realize i hadn't read the last chapter till now i had opened it on my other laptop but i hadn't gotten the chance to read it and when i got back on this one i realized i though i had read it kinda suck don't get mentioned in this chapters thanks for comment in the last chapter ... haha mentioning kingdom hearts and the actually game funny
Chronic Guardian chapter 24 . 2/8/2014
You're enviably efficient, Dina. Of course, I can't really blame anyone but myself for my own lack of productivity, but it still stands that you're amazing to be producing so much quality work so quickly.

However, I (albeit, unfairly) attribute at least part of my sloth to my self-set standards of reporting typos (gotta catch 'em all!) and offering general notes. For this chapter, we have a few.

1!: (Form Tightener) "The downside to picking this spot was that Neku found {that} he couldn't stand still [any] one place for too long..."

2!: Listen to Element Legend! They caught the same typo that was going to be listed here.

Note: Heh... so this day happens on 1/04 in American date notation, eh? Oh, the glorious web of references.

3!: (Regional?)"/Four days after New Year['s].../"
Maybe it's just us in the states, but I've always known it as "New Year's Eve/Day", never as just "New Year". Of course, maybe you meant to say "after (the start of) the New Year"
, which would still make colloquial sense.

4!: (Form Tightener) "[Shortly after that,] he encountered Other Joshua, then Shiki..."
Just something to bridge the sentences a little more.

5!: "...but Neku found that{,} it actually felt better to be able to laugh about it all."
That comma adds unnecessary stutter. Dispose of it.

6!: A Note! When Shiki is transcribing "The World Ends With You" She says "The Worulu" Considering "l" and "r" are roughly the same sound in Japanese would she really make the distinction or would she just skip to "Worudo"? Food for thought, to be sure.

7!: "'Bwaaah! It's hard 'nough to read graffiti in Japanese, yo!' He tilted his head..."
You get away with not overtly attributing the pronoun because of the distinctive speech style, but don't make a habit of doing this.

8!: (Diction!) "...her face exploded into [a] red that was as {dark} [bright/bold] as the graffiti behind her."
Mainly I think dark just gives it to dull of a connotation. Use happier words!

Although you do make me wonder how long this exchange was planned out. Hush wouldn't happen to have anything to do with it, would it?

9!: "I suspect your counterpart is much the same."
Having this as a question doesn't make sense, the Composer is making a statement.

10!: Joshua apparently knows where they intended to go, even though it comes as a surprise to everyone else, as evidenced by the fact that at 11:30 he projects them to be at their destination as opposed to the meeting spot. Is he just being perceptive?

11!: As per your previous request, I must point out that Other Joshua uses contractions in this instance:
"'/I don't know about who came first or about power, but he doesn't seem very friendly/.'"

12!: "I have a much [more] important role in my world..."

All in all, it's one of those "Yeah, this was AU... OR WAS IT?!" moments that you can only get away with in TWEWY and you played it amazingly. I especially love the triple Josh interactions, you really nailed the distinction of characters in a way that proves your skill beyond measure. Why are you so dang good at this? Gosh... some people are just lucky I guess.

I also liked your KH allusion in the omakes, tying in yet another odd-yet-possible alternative. I mean, after Dream Drop Sora would be looking to visit Neku and the others, right? Too bad he missed 'em this time around, but that would really open up WAY too much of a tangent so I'm glad you kept it a cameo.

Happy anniversary Dina, keep shooting for new horizons and may you ever see that it's a wonderful world.

Yours,
-CG
Reilie chapter 24 . 2/8/2014
When I saw this chapter was title, 'Original,' I thought, "she wouldn't... SHE DID." I think I scared my brother with my maniacal giggling. XD

Everything is so perfect and cute and I love this story so much, you have no idea ;u;
Thank you so much for writing this wonderful story
RagnartheSemiGreen chapter 24 . 2/8/2014
Ah, excellent! The Composer is just as much of a creepy asshole as he is in the game - good original flavor, Dina! And I loved the fluff too - they're so cute together!
339 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »