Reviews for you are reaching for something that is beating
caribbeanblues chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
Ugh, this is so beautiful. I love how Zuko is so self conscious about the scar, and I just...love these two so much, because I feel like they're both scarred in their own way and they really understand each other. And I think you've captured them perfectly. Both them as characters and their relationship.
You have such a way with words.
RakshaDaemon chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
Oh. o.O "the painter tells you to look straight ahead three times", that line made me shudder, it was so heavy, so constricting, worst of all i can see it happening. He wouldn't say anything, but he would look to the side a bit, trying to hide...
Captain Raye chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
Beautiful. The end made me smile, which is a lot considering my blank face when I read fanfic.
I like the poetry style, too.
kittenxxkisses chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
I don't understand people who think maiko is drab and boring. Maybe it's just cause all they've read are the bad ones, and not masterpieces like this.

kat xx
FarFromActive chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
This is such a nice little piece :') I really like how you've captured the characters in the small sequencesand how much you've managed to put into the story. One thing that especially struck me was the line "Such a shame about Prince Zuko," my mother says, regret saturating her tone, "he used to be so handsome.", because I don't feel like other people, when writing about Zuko's scar, doesn't manage to convey that the scar changed him so much. Especially how he changed in the eyes of a minor character who knew him before. Great piece! Wish there were more fics like these :)
kittycatvamp chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
awwwwwwwwwwww sweet
grandiose6 chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I really liked this!
Alabaster86 chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Wonderful work as always.

I always see Zuko's scar as a testament to his strength, and how far he's come as you say. And I'm certain that Mai would view it in the same way.

Like how you show that Mai has her own insecurities about her body/beauty/looks.
hell-whim chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
This genuinely made me smile. I wish more could have been seen in the show about Zuko and Mai reconnecting, but this was sweet and sad in all the right places.
Tterit chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this little drabble, well done!
appa-appa-away chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
I'm more of a Zutara fan, but the description on this story caught my interested so I read it anyway. Sweet and very real in the way of how it must be to love a scarred boy. Nice work.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
I'm not much into poetry, but this was nicely done!
DragongirlM chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Beautiful, as usual. Last line is so totally like Mai. XD
Boogum chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
This was beautiful. I really loved how you don't shy from the fact that it is an ugly scar, but that doesn't mean she can't still love him; that doesn't mean he can't still be beautiful in his own way.

/"Besides," I tell you, "normal faces are so boring."/