Reviews for Logic and Sentiment
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Cool. Good. Neato. Maybe great.
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
If there was justice in the ficcing world, you would have a mountain of reviews! This is excellent and bittersweet and beautiful, a perfect reconstruction of the ideas exhibited in that play. Holmes' struggle with logic and sentiment is depicted brilliantly and heart-breakingly, as is Watson's reaction to everything and especially the horror of the thought that Holmes engineered the attack. I especially love Holmes thinking of the words he feels he should say, yet finds he cannot say them, and when he realizes that if John breaks, he himself shortly will too. The story says so much about their friendship and the characters themselves.

I was interested to note your idea that Watson was a broken man when he first came to Holmes. I hadn't remembered that as being the case anywhere but in the new series, so is that your own concept? Or am I remembering the canon wrong?
Fauf chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
A pastiche of a pastiche! This was certainly an interesting way to turn The Secret of Sherlock Holmes (I've never read a fanfiction based on it before) since the play did end rather...awkwardly.