Reviews for A Sometimes Love
Black' Victor Cachat chapter 1 . 1/4
Really like this conversation, especially the part about how Naruto was not respecting Sasuke's own ability and responsibility to make choices, essentially just putting them down as stupid and to be ignored as Naruto works to guide Sasuke's path.
sundes2013 chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Wow. This is a very though provoking concept and I enjoy every bit. C:
Larna chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I really enjoyed reading this. It was deep and had a lot of meaning to it. You do a good job of keeping them in character.
ruby890 chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
That was so good and all true.
Starlit Skyline chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
This was an amazing story!
Keep writing, you have a great talent for it!
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
A really thought-provoking story. A somber read. Because this perfectly elucidates the problem Kishimoto stuck these characters with. Sasuke is Naruto's old brother/friend. Gaara is his new one. Of course Gaara doesn't want to lose Naruto, and Naruto doesn't want to lose Sasuke, but Sasuke and Gaara understand each other clearly, as it's shown later, and they are totally different people. Gaara never wanted to be in the darkness, and Sasuke never wanted to be in the light. Given the slightest glimmer of hope, Gaara reached for it. Sasuke doesn't want hope, he just wants revenge. He gave up on his own life a long time ago.

But Naruto can't easily let go of people he cares about, because it's been so hard for him to make connections. He doesn't want to sacrifice any of them, even if the other person hurts him. It's a classic abused child move.

Which means it's up to Gaara to save Naruto.
Sunakunoichi chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
This piece was very interesting. It had the same setting as when Naruto first met back up with Sasuke for the first time. However, the dialogue and some of the events were just a bit different. I loved Gaara's talk with Naruto. It was just like the scene from the kage summit. Gaara's term a "sometimes love" is just how I would imagine him describing someone who you love, but their feelings arent mutual. Given everything that Gaara has been through, living his life in the darkness, I can see why he would believe that someone who closes their eyes to the light are beyond saving. I have had the same thought that it all depends on your choice. For example, Naruto helped show Gaara the light. However, it was Gaara's own choice to actually change his life. Gaara was betrayed so many times in his life, no wonder he would say that if one of his friends ever did that, he would just let them go. That's probably why he is giving Naruto the same advice. Because he knows the sting of betrayal, and doesnt want Naruto to feel it too. But he also knows that Naruto is willing to save Sasuke, and it shows how much Gaara really admires Naruto for that. Because Naruto once saved him from darkness. But Naruto has never been steeped in darkness like Gaara and Sasuke were. Naruto is pure light. He doesnt know like Gaara does, how far gone a person would have to be to actually give up on friendship. I also liked your reference to Kami. God grants people their own free will. Their choice is to either follow the righteous path, or go the other way. Gaara's and Naruto's views are similar, but also quite different. But they have had very different circumstances unfold in their lives. I also loved the phrase you used at the end "love wouldnt be enough." Naruto realizes that. He knows Gaara is right, too. And I do believe that Gaara believes that Naruto will be able to find a way to save his friend. Killing him, is one option. But Gaara knows Naruto would never take it. The whole conversation between Naruto and Gaara in this story is very complicated, and deep. There is so many different ways that you could look at it. I also loved how Karura said that they would always be protected, and they always had love, even when others made the wrong choices. I also imagine Karura is in that white space, somewhere in Gaara's subconscious. Why else would Gaara's sand just suddenly take the shape of his mother? So I think that was a good part in this story as well. Overall, this story deserves a 10! Keep writing more, please!