Reviews for Ever Rise
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 14 . 7/13/2014
amazing! fantastic! molto bene!
Naya Zephronic chapter 6 . 7/11/2014
That was the wardens story, wasn't it. And it was write by zevran. Oh my heart aches so much.
Shadowhawke chapter 14 . 4/29/2014
This was absolutely gorgeous. From the well-picked poetry to start the scenes to the startling way you managed to make this AU just *work*, it was fantastic and fascinating. I loved all of the ways you translated the characters, the originality of the differences, and of course, the amazing development of the romance. Thank you for sharing.
Hanaeflower chapter 14 . 4/5/2014
I was a tad reluctant to read this fic at first (no doubt the result of a certain popularized series featuring a useless female protagonist and sparkling vampires having made me all but swear off Vampires for life)
And yet -I thought- this is loquaciousquark: the writer that has yet to write a single story that disappoints. So onwards I read, and what a delight.
The story was marvelously transferred from the world of Thedas to 19th century London, and the characters so rife with life and personality that you expect them to step of the page (err... screen) at any moment. You can understand the characters that Bioware has presented us with loquaciousquark's masterful rendition of them (and not just in Ever Rise, let me assure you!).
Let's not forget the /romance/. I don't want to blow the story too much; Fenris as a dark brooding hunter of the dead that rise and Hawke a creature of the night -composed of wry wit and strength- both with fragility lurking beneath age old scars. The romance sparks from confrontation and transforms into immolating blaze and shifts once more into a cleansing fire, whilst still providing the reader with ample dosages of wit, humor, camaraderie, angst, emotional turmoil, cameos/references and Mass Effect to keep said reader well and sated throughout the entirety of 14 chapters.
I rate this story a full on 10/10, my only regret being that I ever approached it with trepidation.
Masokittie chapter 14 . 3/9/2014
Ah! This is my favorite story, by far, of yours. So beautifully written. Thank you for writing it.
brookeellen4 chapter 10 . 11/18/2013
"The Vael is torn." Ha ha. I didn't get it the first time I read this story which makes it all the punnier now. Oh you.
Tayhlia chapter 13 . 10/26/2013
Great death for Danarius! Loved it!
Tayhlia chapter 12 . 10/26/2013
You had my heart stop for a moment when I read those words at the end.
Tayhlia chapter 11 . 10/26/2013
Well done, nicely written.
Tayhlia chapter 10 . 10/26/2013
Loved how you included Petrice. And the scene between Fenris and Hawke hot!
Tayhlia chapter 9 . 10/26/2013
Had me on the edge of my seat, my heart was pounding when he gave his blood to her. Wow! Well done!
Tayhlia chapter 8 . 10/26/2013
I like your character development for Fenris, it's well done.
Tayhlia chapter 7 . 10/26/2013
Such a sad story, I loved how you wrote the backstory, it was great.
Tayhlia chapter 6 . 10/26/2013
I loved Leliana's incorporation in this. It was great.
Tayhlia chapter 5 . 10/26/2013