Reviews for Penelope's Log
clockwerkson chapter 1 . 11/16
Awesome theory and a good story. My two favorite sly villans working together. All hail clockwerk
Almighty Imaginative Craziness chapter 1 . 10/28
I think she was brainwashed too.
ShadowRyder chapter 1 . 7/10
I just noticed in the letter that serves as the epilogue, all the capitalized letters are spelling out "Help me Bentley". That is so cool.
Chironex27 chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
You know, a lot of fanfiction just confuses the story for me. Sometimes it's just plain odd, or it's incomplete. However, your story is the only way Sly 4 makes any sense whatsoever! Congratulations on filling in that giant hole made by Penelope's out of nowhere betrayal. This actually makes the original game make sense now! I seriously hope that in the 5th game (if they ever get to it) that they make something like this story canon to explain what the heck was up with Penelope. Congratulations on your work.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Simply brilliant! I loooove this theory and the way you wrote this as a log. Amazing! ;D
Kung-fu Blaziken chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
Matt the Sly Fan chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
I don't come on this site very often, but I found a link to this from TV Tropes under "Fix Fic" and I must say, this was great. I thought that Penelope thing was BS (I even ignored spoilers saying so, that it would be too stupid, untill the moment finally was at hand). I like to think that either A) Sanzaru has something planned to go with this idea or that they'll see how pissed people are and fix it. I'll abmit there was some grammer mistakes here and there (not to mention I found some of the mild swears a tad inaproprate for someone like Penelope, but that's just a nit-pick), but you really got the character down. I expecially enjoyed mephitis remark, which not only sounds like something that Penelope would say, but is a word that I legitimately didn't know, and I'm a huge nerd, expecially when it comes to animals. I would say in a heart-beat that I think this should be canon, and who knows? I might just be. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
I was dumbfounded when Penelope betrayed the Cooper Gang. And for greed of all things! She was so sweet, how could she? I hope she appears in the next game, there's got to be a way to fix her and Bentley's relationship.
HiddenTreasure13 chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Great job! I love how you depicted her sanity slowly deteriorating. I also love how you placed the final journal entry next to the first in order to show the change that had taken place due to her infatuation with clockwork.
aburameclanhead chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
This is very good. A nice, believable explanation.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Whoa! This was a tad dark... BUT I LOVED IT! You could even write a story on this. Or a response to the logs.
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
Honestly, they better come up with a good explanation for her "turning evil" thing in the next game or else there will be a riot. Your theory, based off finding the Clockwerk eye in the game, makes so much sense. I just want to give Bentley a hug and your story makes me want to give one to Penelope too. Good luck on future writing.
The Wandering Delusion chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
This is a really brilliant idea. I really didn't like how Penelope's character got derailed in the fourth game(though I still love the game). This is a really interesting theory about why she turned. Great work.
Also, this plays into a theory I heard recently. People have always wondered how clockwork managed to turn himself into a robot when he was alive in ancient Egypt. The theory goes that, in her rage against Sly and the cooper clan, Penelope built clockwork and sent him back in time to hunt the Coopers. This story could be a great origin of that, showing Penelope accidentally getting corrupted by her own creation and leading her down the path to clockwork's creation.
yurithefurry chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Wow this is deep. .IT! Ya in the game i was like WTF Penelope who betray the people who love you for money? I mean really if she just wanted gold they CAN clear out the rocks from the Cooper Vualt if they were really in it for the gold. She just turned into such a bit** for no reason and they never gave a reason is why im so pissed about it. You fanfic does make me feel better and brings more of a storyline. Their are a lot fo gaps in the new Sly game but Penelope was the bigest one.
Crazy Jabberwock chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
To all the people going on about the parts getting destroyed in 2, the Eye (singular) is found in Sly 4 as a safe treasure, (a very useful one at that), its survival is lampshaded, hence the reference to it being locked in a safe and forgotten.