Reviews for Penelope's Log
One Nutty Author chapter 1 . 6/6
I have to admit, log entries 55 and 60 generally scared me.

This was a great one-shot to a theory I really hope becomes canon. Penelope's descent into madness was creepy and in-character of her to check out the eye out of curiousity.

(What if the eye survived because of Neyla!?)

I honestly think Penelope's betrayal was poorly written and only was there to make the game look interesting story wise. Also Theives in Time" did hint at Clockwork's return

1) The description of Clockwork's eye hints at his return
2)When playing as Bentley in the first mission if you zoom in on the blueprint at his destination you see the words " clockwork time machine"
3)The design for the three headed dragon from Galleth's chapter looks kinda like clockwork
4)Sly crashed during pharoh times which is conveniently the same place Clockwork was first made metallic

While I hope the whole "Penelope builds Clockwork" seems farfetched I still think the theory of this story is true.
EvanderAdvent chapter 1 . 1/11
I actually thought of something like this my self. Penelope's betrayal being the result of corruption by something to do with Clockwerk. I'm glad to see it so well done and am wondering if you'll make a second chapter with Bentley reading these entries and his reaction to Penelope's descent into madness.
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 12/27/2016
Wow... how chilling... but it makes sense. If that's really what happened to Penelope.. than I can only hope Sly and the gang can save her...
IronicSnap chapter 1 . 6/16/2016
This story was fantastically well done. The slow descent, the repetition, the use of Clockwerk's actual quotes, the hidden message at the end - and I especially liked the placement of the first log right at the end. Such a great and tragic contrast.

Thanks for doing this theory justice!
clockwerkson chapter 1 . 11/16/2015
Awesome theory and a good story. My two favorite sly villans working together. All hail clockwerk
Awareness Bringer chapter 1 . 10/28/2015
I think she was brainwashed too.
ShadowRyder chapter 1 . 7/10/2015
I just noticed in the letter that serves as the epilogue, all the capitalized letters are spelling out "Help me Bentley". That is so cool.
Chironex27 chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
You know, a lot of fanfiction just confuses the story for me. Sometimes it's just plain odd, or it's incomplete. However, your story is the only way Sly 4 makes any sense whatsoever! Congratulations on filling in that giant hole made by Penelope's out of nowhere betrayal. This actually makes the original game make sense now! I seriously hope that in the 5th game (if they ever get to it) that they make something like this story canon to explain what the heck was up with Penelope. Congratulations on your work.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/7/2014
Simply brilliant! I loooove this theory and the way you wrote this as a log. Amazing! ;D
Kung-fu Blaziken chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
AH-HA! I KNEW IT! I KNEW THAT BETRAYAL WAS TOO OUT OF LEFT FIELD! I KNEW THERE HAD TO BE A REASON! I WAS RIGHT! MWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-wait…does this mean…oh my...
Matt the Sly Fan chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
I don't come on this site very often, but I found a link to this from TV Tropes under "Fix Fic" and I must say, this was great. I thought that Penelope thing was BS (I even ignored spoilers saying so, that it would be too stupid, untill the moment finally was at hand). I like to think that either A) Sanzaru has something planned to go with this idea or that they'll see how pissed people are and fix it. I'll abmit there was some grammer mistakes here and there (not to mention I found some of the mild swears a tad inaproprate for someone like Penelope, but that's just a nit-pick), but you really got the character down. I expecially enjoyed mephitis remark, which not only sounds like something that Penelope would say, but is a word that I legitimately didn't know, and I'm a huge nerd, expecially when it comes to animals. I would say in a heart-beat that I think this should be canon, and who knows? I might just be. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
I was dumbfounded when Penelope betrayed the Cooper Gang. And for greed of all things! She was so sweet, how could she? I hope she appears in the next game, there's got to be a way to fix her and Bentley's relationship.
HiddenTreasure13 chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Great job! I love how you depicted her sanity slowly deteriorating. I also love how you placed the final journal entry next to the first in order to show the change that had taken place due to her infatuation with clockwork.
aburameclanhead chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
This is very good. A nice, believable explanation.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Whoa! This was a tad dark... BUT I LOVED IT! You could even write a story on this. Or a response to the logs.