Reviews for Last one out, turn off the lights
pretentious moss chapter 17 . 10/19
AYAYAYAAYAYAYA
This is the first time in a long time I've gotten such butterflies from a single chapter! It's been a really long and draining week, so thank you for being a bit of a constant and a source of freedom.
I'm always looking forward to it!
Destinies Entwined chapter 16 . 9/22
So after all these years, I am STILL following this story. (Back in 2013/2014-the heyday of KyoHaru epicness, you with this story, Me with Natural Predilection, LuxArtisan with Clueless In Ouran, RhetoricFemme's Funeral Party, Pammazola's To Make Every Girl Happy... and at least another handful of amazing writers and stories that were active 2012-2015) We were on freaking FIRE.
I am SO ecstatic to read the next couple chapters! I've reread the entire story so it's fresh in my mind.
"Welcome back," and maybe even a little bit of "thanks for dragging me back to the KyoHaru fandom," as I now find myself inspired to do the same, and finally write the bits I never got around to.
I never forgot how much I loved this story.
They are so incredibly soft. And Kyoya is very much as I've always seen him. The Soft Boi (tm) under all that cool steel emotional armor. I love how they instinctually feel the other out, the communicating w/o words necessarily. But good at those as well. You know...I understand that Ouran is rom-com teen fiction, but I never completely understood TamaHaru-it is kinda Freudian in that "fall in love with someone like your dad" way. IRL, someone like Haruhi is more likely to date Kyoya or perhaps even Mori. It feels so organic and natural (pun not intended). and Tamaki is most definitely the Dramatique Gay (tm). I love him, for all his flourish, but RL Tamaki is not a Straight. XD
I eventually hope to see them make up (TamaKao). But for now I will drool over every morsel of the Faves Being Soft.
Thank You for coming back to this, and Thank You for inspiring me to follow suit!
luxartisan chapter 16 . 9/20
You've got me feeling nostalgic about this pair. Nice to get familiar with them again. Solid writing and great characterizations/diaglogue. Keep up the good work!
AGreen2222 chapter 1 . 9/19
This is excellent! I’m so glad I found this after your return. Thank you!
CheckAlexa chapter 15 . 9/6
Just found this and really enjoying it! I hope you continue it :)
Thanks for updating
Yesss!
PRETENTIOUS MOSS chapter 15 . 9/3
YOU JUST MADE MY WHOLE YEAR I HOPE YOU REALIZE THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH
luxartisan chapter 15 . 9/3
I actually did a double-take when I saw this at the top of the story queue!

Then I read it again and realized that you have, indeed, picked up your pen (or whatever) and begun writing again. I'm so glad. This is one of the stories I always looked forward to reading whenever a new chapter appeared. Your writing is excellent, as usual, as is your grasp of the characters' personalities and nuances. Your dialogue feels natural, too. And, oc, if it involves Kyoharu, I'm in.

I've longed to find a good Kyoharu author among the new writers but time and again, something is lacking and I return to the stories in Kyoya's Notebook for something satisfying. This story was an early addition, naturally, but I thought you'd abandoned it. Now you're back. Woot! Readers of this archive will have a chance to read a genuinely great Ouran fic. Okay, I'll stop gushing now.

Anyway, it must be fate that brought me here since I rarely stop by ffnet these days, but something told me to do so today. Weird, huh? Anyway, I now read over at Archive of Our Own where nothing is censored (not that like/read everything out there), audiences and writers seem to be older and more discerning, and you can find just about every fandom that exists housing a story of some kind within its sizable cache. Think about posting this there, if you haven't already. I'm sure it will get noticed.

Welcome back, my friend. It's so good to hear from you again. If you wish to "catch up," do write to me either here or on Ao3. I will definitely respond. If you'd rather not, that's ok, too. I'm still following this and will be reviewing every new chapter. How's that for incentive? ;)

Angelle

Has it really been five years? Seems like eons ago when I first began reading this. I was immersed in writing Clueless in Ouran myself and once that was complete, I stopped writing Ouran fic altogether. I think that story did me in, tbh. In a good way insofar that it said everything I wanted to say and depicted everything I wanted to depict about the characters. Now it's your turn.
pretentious moss chapter 1 . 7/14
I'm sorry, I know it's been 5 years but god every syllable in this story struck a deep and almost nostalgic chord in me over something I've never even felt. Thank you so much
Quill273 chapter 1 . 12/1/2018
I love this story just as much the second time around. You capture the characters perfectly and your dialogue is so natural. I love your writing and this story!
Quill273 chapter 3 . 11/28/2018
Clearly, I didn’t take proofreading to heart in my review, how embarrassing!
Quill273 chapter 2 . 11/28/2018
This is my second time reading this story and I love it even more this time because I’m taking my time and not rushing through to see what happens next. Your writing is so clear and natural that I can literally “see” the story as it unfolds. In just one chapte you’ve shown you have a perfect (in my mind!) handle on Kyouya and Haruhi’s characters. I also want to thank you for being so diligent in your proofreading, sometimes a grammar error and the wrong spot can throw odd the emotion of a scene, so your careful proofing of your work is greatly admires and appreciated!
Sparti28 chapter 14 . 11/18/2018
A great story indeed! Thank u very much for sharing! I can’t wait to see the next chapter and what happens during a whole day with the great Kyoya Ootori!
Sparti28 chapter 9 . 11/18/2018
Not trying to offend just we over analyze everything me including and I try so hard not too but it happens great story so far