Reviews for Of Magic and Blankets
guardianofdragonlore chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
He tried!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
cute, I really liked it. especially the parts with the boots
Linorien chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
Just another typical week for Merlin. I like his self-pitying moaning.
Clara Brighet chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
I really liked that. I'm actually sick in bed as I read this, so I empathize with poor Merlin.
'Next time wear boots.' Teehee!
LinBates chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
The concept for the story is good but the presentation needs improvement as you are telling us the story instead of showing us the story! Telling a story makes it a passive story. Whereas showing a story makes it active and let's your reader participate in it, making it more of a pleasure to read! Here is what you wrote describing some of the battle between Merlin and the evil sorcerer and some suggested changes in (parenthesis).

The man was casting with only one hand, Merlin realized. (The man cast using only one hand). The other held some sort of object in front of his eyes. (His other hand held some sort of object in front of his eyes, Merlin noticed). Perhaps it was a magical object. (Possibly a magical object,' thought Merlin). There were items that could drastically increase a sorcerer's power, turning a minor talent into a truly dangerous one. (Such items could drastically increase a sorcerer's power, turning a minor talent into a truly dangerous one). If the enemy was relying on a focus object, that opened up an entirely different avenue of attack. (Merlin realized relying on a focus object, opened up an entirely different avenue of attack).

Note the above is just an example of what could be done. I tried to use as many of your own words as possible, just changing a few, changing the direction or meaning of others so you'd get the idea. One possible idea is to close your eyes and try to describe what's happening. If it's a battle describe their movements, what they are thinking. Advoid using these verbs, 'was, been, to be, were, have, to, are & is' when describing an action now or in the past, instead use action words.

I hope the above helps! Good writing and always have fun!
Kohei Takano chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Aways love a BAMF Merlin;)
Blue Turtle of AWESOMENESS chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
BOOOOOOTS
Sanguine Ink chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
I absolutely adore this. I'm a sucker for both BAMF!Merlin and whumped!Merlin, particularly at the same time. I love the image of Merlin trying and failing to hide behind the pillar while clutching the boot, and the image of Arthur and the knights just finding him sleeping in the middle of the aftermath of a sorcerer's duel. I love that Gwaine trusts him enough to take him seriously, despite having his trousers inside out. I love Merlin's surprise to realize he is holding a boot.

Basically, this is witty and fun and perfect. Thank you.
Rotashark chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Great story, i really enjoyed it.
TruffleHeadnolongeractive chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
Aw! Wonderful writing. Ha, the ending's brilliant. Thanks for the read!

Lexi
Guest chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Brilliant.
caldera32 chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Priorities.
Loved it!
Delicious humor and whump- how can you go wrong?
topazchild chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
After reading "Of Magic and Blankets," I happily went to your profile page to see the list of your other Merlin stories. Imagine my dismay when I saw there weren't any other Merlin stories. :-(
monkey76 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Fun story. I burst out laughing at the image of Merlin creeping behind a pillar with a boot in his hand. I hope you write some more Merlin stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
good story. thanks for sharing