Reviews for Cherry Syrup
lapaxlove chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
great fic, good description & emotions, really like this fic!
x Euphoria chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
A perfect little valentine's day story. :] It was really well written and I enjoyed every moment of it 3 thank you!
Sexy Ninja Muffin chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Q_

I just love this couple. Everything about them. And what you wrote right here is just amazing. I'm disappointed I didn't see it sooner /pout.
AlinaLotus chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Steamy, painful, funny, sweet, and just lovely. A perfect VinTi for Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing!
Numinous-Alqua chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
An enjoyable Valetine's fic. Flowed really well and works well for the season. Always good to see and read your work. I enjoy it immensely!
Ski October chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Fantastic, as always, m'dear.

...Ivory Keys? C:
Tifa Lockhart Valentine chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
JJ! You're amazing!

I simply love your stories! It's almost the only thing I'm reading of fictions.

Thanks for this lovely short story and have a happy Valentine's Day.

Kisses!
ami chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Perfect :) it was a beautiful fic to read and it was so detailed. You write the best vincent/tifa fics. I would love to read about other characters maybe genesis/tifa or sephiroth/tifa. Anyway I look forward to reading more of your work :)
Raven's Wing chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
"Cherry Syrup" is a way better title choice. I am glad you scrapped your working title and went with this instead. I am a big fan of ambiguous titles (as you can probably tell by my stupid choices). There is something mysterious and alluring in a non-explicit title. It piques curiosity (at least for me) and makes me wonder "What the hell could cherry syrup have to do with this universe?"

The only concept I have for Final Fantasy [roman numerals go here] is it is a video game I would probably enjoy if I had time to enjoy gaming. That being said, I didn't feel too lost while reading this. Obviously there were places where I felt a little in the dark (the history with Cloud, genre specific references, etc.) but they were few and far enough between that I never felt alienated from the story line. In fact, the way you emotionally tied the ex drama to the present emotional stakes made the reference more poignant and relevant to non-fans like me. It gave it nice weight and motivation for Vin and his actions.

"He didn't need to give anyone a reason to fear him; he was reason enough." - good. I liked this.

Here are a few things I noticed that may have slipped under your radar. Since you were so kind to help me with my dumb mistakes, I thought I would return the favor.

'and he opens his eyes are her hip bumps his. "Budge over, fat so" ' - "as" instead of "are" and "Fatso" instead of "fat so"?

"In the silence, he appraised her wish a sweeping gaze." - 'with' instead of 'wish'?

"His throat feels dry, tongue swollen and clumsy in his mouth, the scent of the fruity drink making his thirsty" - "him" instead of "his"?

' "Vincent please don't go, don't leave me." She hiccoughed ' - Hiccuped? Or is this some fancy hybrid word I am not cool enough to know?

I had to go back and re-read to find those few things though because the first time I read this through I was so curious to see how it played out I didn't take the time to note those few things, and phew. This is hot. I love a good conflicted desire (hence my obsession with Flynn/Rapunzel) but damn. That was a a smoking hot kiss. The initial surrender is great. I like how Vin, even while he is grabbing her, doesn't want her to know the depth of his feelings, wants to maintain some level of control, only to find his efforts futile. Hot. Just hot.

It was fun to see the borrowed parts from "Plans". I have spent so much time with that fiction over the last few days that it is fascinating to see it through a different lens. I think you did my words justice and definitely took them to a different place than I did. Bravo. Well done.

Holy shit. Longest review ever. Sorry if I babbled.
C. Nichole chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Ahhh! So lovely- and I really liked the ending as well :) Nice balance between the sexy and sweet- elements that I love so much to read.

Also, tortured Vincent FTW! Ohhh conflicted heroes my love.

I think Vincent and Tifa in a bar is my favorite way for them to be, just seems so right, like they'd actually put themselves in those situations- close and yet not too close, always skirting around the others feelings- a public place to make the whole thing feel safe- and then BAM! Place closes up and things are just too hard to resist in the low light of the night.

Thank you for the dedication! I am so flattered- you really are the best. Thanks for always being there to kick my ass and keep me writing.