Reviews for Spoons and Solace
summerartist chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
I loved reading this from Jean's perspective. Fantastic fic! Charles is so nice to his students. You really have his personality down. I liked that he was a mix of mysterious and amiable!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
The spoons were kind of ridiculous but everything else was heart-wrenching and beautiful. Love it.
Wolfborg007 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
OH MY GOD! I still can't get over the fact that someone wrote a story based on my head-canon (let alone my Tumblr post! What are the odds, really?)! Let me just say that the fact that this fic /exists/ blows my mind away. Even before reading it, I was struck speechless.

Though after reading, I can't keep the smile off my face. After finding it last night, I must have read it six times, going through and enjoying it a little bit more each time. The way you've captured Charles and Erik's relationship is a rarity. I'm so happy to find a fellow angstmonger that has picked up one of my ideas and ran with it in such an elegant way. Not even kidding, I've been yearning for a fic like this for quite a while now, but nothing has really seemed to have touched my emotions like your story does. The image of Charles hunched over a bar, tears pouring down his face as he misses Erik is absolutely heartbreaking... and I love it! Too many people are afraid of sad or bittersweet endings, usually tying up their stories in a deus ex machina, or ridiculous way just to scrounge a happy ending. Though I suppose that it makes a rare find such a diamond in the rough.

This really shows how relationships and time can change, pulsing between saddness and happiness, and fulfilling each other as they things happen. Granted, they'll never fully leave us, but happiness can always be found, even in the thoughts of a little red-haired girl that almost knocked Storm into a coma. xD

I absolutely adored this fic, and was touched that it was dedicated to me (if not a stranger with an idea), and I'm so glad... no... joyous, enraptured, in awe that such a talented writer has picked it up. Thank you for writing this fic. I'm definitely going to have to check out more of your work!
Distant-Moon chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Let me start off by saying that I know the person who came up with spoon duty. She's sitting next to me and freaking the ever-loving hell out that someone actually wrote a fic about spoon duty; let alone such a magnificent piece as this. Needless to say that she'll be reviewing this as soon as she gets to her computer.

You captured the essence of Cherik perfectly. This was angsty, but was infused with a hopeful glow in the form of Jean. I really love that you touched on Charles's character; he loves Erik, but now that love isn't in danger of destroying him slowly. My favorite line was the one about how Erik didn't need Charles anymore, but someone else needed him...his students. Charles has a greater purpose in this world, and while his love for Erik is undying, the time for healing has arrived.

Thank you for this beautiful story.
CanadianShikigami chapter 1 . 2/20/2013