Reviews for In Soot, I Sleep
Hello - I want to thank you for your update; this has always been one of my favorite HG stories! You're a fantastic writer - keep up the good work!
Inklessquills chapter 8 . 7/13/2013
The Gale/Sage father-daughter relationship was magical! Clove saying they have that 'limitless enthusiasm', it sums it up, how alike they are. At the beginning of the chapter, when Sage is trying to protect Clove, I get the sense that Clove wants it to be the other way around, since she's her mother.
But Clove is definitely experiencing some PTSD because of the burglary, and she doesn't want people to look at her and see that. Having her take that RAD class was an excellent way to have your characters interact, it wasn't forced, it just fits with your story. Now, I really want to know more about how Gloss knows Marvel and I'm sure that's going to be exciting! Keep on writing!
a veritable iron rose chapter 7 . 6/25/2013
Great writing so far. Keep it up! :)
Dance Elle Dance chapter 7 . 6/22/2013
Awesome fic! I am really loving what you're doing here so far. Can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 7 . 6/11/2013
haha clever chapter
Inklessquills chapter 7 . 6/5/2013
The Finnick/Cato backstory is perfection, truly. The robbery, wow! And The Great Snape Debate, I cannot tell you how many times I've had that one with my own friends. That is an excellent way to develop a relationship. I simply can't wait for more! :)
Damnage chapter 7 . 6/3/2013
"She cries out, "I won't fight, please just stop. I want to go home, I want to go home to my daughter.""

That part made my heart skip a beat. Clove has her priorities straight.
Damnage chapter 6 . 5/30/2013
Wow. This gets better and better with each sentence, yet alone each Chapter.

The counselor scene with Clove and Effie was so powerful. I'm glad to finally know more about Clove, who she is, and why she is the way she is. You've given her such an intricate and plausible characterization. Both she and Cato are perplexing characters and I can only imagine what will happen when they clash together in a relationship.

Update soon; I'm facing withdrawals!
Guest chapter 6 . 5/28/2013
I was actually beginning to grow proud of you as an author-then I read this chapter. Sigh. The problem is easy to point out if you've read every CatoxClove FanFiction you've written. Dicey. Keeps. Appearing.

Maybe you like his character; that's understandable. But having him in EVERY story you write? Makes you seem like a one-trick pony. It gets old. And now, on Tumblr (hell, here too-arrogance has no limits), you're starting to act as pretentious as galehawthorn. As shocking as it is, you might be worse. Shiver.
pretty-little-gymnast chapter 6 . 5/18/2013
Yay! New chap! Glad this explains a lot,and Clove's story is just so heartbreaking.
Inklessquills chapter 6 . 5/17/2013
Wow. Its really late where I live and I saw that you posted a new chapter. I thought I could wait till morning to read it, but its too good to miss. And I made the right choice, I love this chapter. A daughter, that's definitely an interesting twist. And Gale as her friend and a dad to Sage, that's very cool. I'd like to read about Gale and Sage, just to get a feel on how they interact. Thank you for writing this fic!
Guest chapter 5 . 5/4/2013
You're a fantastic writer, but I get confused because there are so many little side stories...
Inklessquills chapter 5 . 5/4/2013
I adore the interaction between Cato and Glimmer. I'm super glad we'll be seeing more of her! Excellent chapter!
Odairbear chapter 4 . 4/30/2013
absolutely amazing!
Damnage chapter 2 . 4/30/2013
Okay, so I've finally gotten around the reading this Chapter (life is hectic on this end), and I'm hooked.

You've made Cato such an intriguing character—with his charisma and his angst-ridden backstory. I'm praying that his mother isn't the way she was in /The Unwinding Circle/. The woman must have done something truly horrible, because the way he feels about her is almost unbearable to read about. But the way you write out his frustration toward her, and his love toward Marvel, is incredible. You're great at capturing emotions.

Is it bad that I ship Cato/Glimmer in this? Finally, a story where she isn't a bitch/whore. The way you've written her is amazing; she has a strong presence.

Well, off to read the rest!