Reviews for In soot I sleep
Bellicose Blue chapter 2 . 5h
Snarky Clove is my favorite Clove! Also, I am 100% in love with your interpretation of Glimmer, and I especially love seeing a story where she's not demonized to make the main pairing happen.
Bellicose Blue chapter 1 . 5h
All right, so I read this baby for the first time a few weeks ago, faved it a little bit ago as a reminder to come back to it, scrolled through 50 pages of your tumblr, and I think I might've read a little bit of it waaaaay long ago because it seems familiar, but I'm finally getting down to reviewing! As a first chapter, I absolutely love this. It's funny and light (Glimmer/Cato friendship fluffs!), with just enough sober touches to set the stage for the rest of the story, which I'm trying to keep in mind as I reread this because the plot and subplots in future chapters are so intricate I almost need a spreadsheet to keep it all straight! This is easily one of my favorite modern AUs, and I'm so excited to be rereading it!
bsinger95 chapter 10 . 8/15/2014
I really enjoy reading this story. I'm not really good at reviewing, but your writing is really creative. I like how it's realistic and people can relate to it. You make the characters real even though it's 'fiction'.
NotHelpfulReview chapter 10 . 7/2/2014
Amazing. There's so much story and conflict but you managed to mold it together nicely. You're really talented and creative. I hope it'll always stay this way. :)
Guest chapter 10 . 5/12/2014
amazing chapter
familiarstranger chapter 3 . 4/27/2014
The scene with Cray and Lavinia was saddening, because that's a to-the-point sum of domestic abuse. Very depressing indeed. But you typed out another great chapter, loving this story!
familiarstranger chapter 2 . 4/27/2014
"And she doubts he knows anything about what's worth crying about, besides maybe the unhealthy amount of gel in his slick blonde hair." This line deserves an award. I'm really enjoying this story! You give modern!clato a great name.
Guest chapter 9 . 4/7/2014
Hello - I want to thank you for your update; this has always been one of my favorite HG stories! You're a fantastic writer - keep up the good work!
Inklessquills chapter 8 . 7/13/2013
The Gale/Sage father-daughter relationship was magical! Clove saying they have that 'limitless enthusiasm', it sums it up, how alike they are. At the beginning of the chapter, when Sage is trying to protect Clove, I get the sense that Clove wants it to be the other way around, since she's her mother.
But Clove is definitely experiencing some PTSD because of the burglary, and she doesn't want people to look at her and see that. Having her take that RAD class was an excellent way to have your characters interact, it wasn't forced, it just fits with your story. Now, I really want to know more about how Gloss knows Marvel and I'm sure that's going to be exciting! Keep on writing!
asphodelii chapter 7 . 6/25/2013
Great writing so far. Keep it up! :)
Dance Elle Dance chapter 7 . 6/22/2013
Awesome fic! I am really loving what you're doing here so far. Can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 7 . 6/11/2013
haha clever chapter
Inklessquills chapter 7 . 6/5/2013
The Finnick/Cato backstory is perfection, truly. The robbery, wow! And The Great Snape Debate, I cannot tell you how many times I've had that one with my own friends. That is an excellent way to develop a relationship. I simply can't wait for more! :)
horngry chapter 7 . 6/3/2013
"She cries out, "I won't fight, please just stop. I want to go home, I want to go home to my daughter.""

That part made my heart skip a beat. Clove has her priorities straight.
horngry chapter 6 . 5/30/2013
Wow. This gets better and better with each sentence, yet alone each Chapter.

The counselor scene with Clove and Effie was so powerful. I'm glad to finally know more about Clove, who she is, and why she is the way she is. You've given her such an intricate and plausible characterization. Both she and Cato are perplexing characters and I can only imagine what will happen when they clash together in a relationship.

Update soon; I'm facing withdrawals!